which 5 ton excavator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ally mac View Post
    Im going to look at a hitachi in Luton Tomorrow Murray http://plant.autotrader.co.uk/used-p...46297adc754952

What do you reckon?

Al.
    Should be a good enough machine what with the hydraulic hitch ... I'd say the tracks are only 40-50 % good though .. get a good look at them for deep slashes and loose cleats, cos that will be £600-750 a side IIRC, track slowly and watch as they rotate over the sprocket to see if anything opens up, if you are up to it .. take a hex key and loosen a track motor plug to get a drip of oil out and see whether the oil is smelly sulphide black or clear .. it will give you a good indicator if the machine has been looked after in the absence of any service info.

I dont know how much those Hitachis are worth but Id have one of them over a JCB any day (except their micro EX8 which were dogs) I had several 13 tonners and 6 tonne EX60's which were brilliant, but I guess the EX60's are like hens teeth at that age, plus they didnt have offset (except the crazy 'z' boom ones) Good luck fella
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Should be a good enough machine what with the hydraulic hitch ... I'd say the tracks are only 40-50 % good though .. get a good look at them for deep slashes and loose cleats, cos that will be £600-750 a side IIRC, track slowly and watch as they rotate over the sprocket to see if anything opens up, if you are up to it .. take a hex key and loosen a track motor plug to get a drip of oil out and see whether the oil is smelly sulphide black or clear .. it will give you a good indicator if the machine has been looked after in the absence of any service info.

I dont know how much those Hitachis are worth but Id have one of them over a JCB any day (except their micro EX8 which were dogs) I had several 13 tonners and 6 tonne EX60's which were brilliant, but I guess the EX60's are like hens teeth at that age, plus they didnt have offset (except the crazy 'z' boom ones) Good luck fella
      It seems a fair price and looks tidy enough, thanks for the tips, will let you know how it goes

Comment

It seems a fair price and looks tidy enough, thanks for the tips, will let you know how it goes
        Bought machine , happy with condition, seems really good on the whole, just a wee bit work to do on king post but ive a pal that is a fitter and shouldn't take much to put right. Just need to get it up the road now but that should be happening towards the end of next week

Comment

Bought machine , happy with condition, seems really good on the whole, just a wee bit work to do on king post but ive a pal that is a fitter and shouldn't take much to put right. Just need to get it up the road now but that should be happening towards the end of next week
          Nice one .. whats up with the king post ? does it just need pinned and bushed ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Aye just bushes hopefully. Would you happen to know where to source them?

Comment

Working...
            X