Malware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malware

Malware alert on the blast cleaning mask thread ,my security won't allow the page to show to click report

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
    Malware alert on the blast cleaning mask thread ,my security won't allow the page to show to click report
    Could be your browser fella ... what are you using ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

chrome

it appears to be chrome blocking it for some reason ,can,t say its done it anywhere else

Comment

Muz , I am getting the same warning with Chrome .It is not on the new post , but on the original ones , as i have the forum set to show newest posts first . It is not till i click on the second page ,that the warning comes up . I will try it with firefox , and get back to you .

Comment

it appears to be chrome blocking it for some reason
          Its usually Chrome because google ( who own it) also references the sites that cause problems. The sites contain possible .. I say 'possible' links to spam ware thats why they block it.

I'll run some checks .. but theres no problems here
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

OK , On Firefox , No warning came up , was only you and WAzza on the second page. there is a link you put up opn ther firstpost that maybe be what is showing up as a problem.

Comment

Muzz , ,the warning says it is for Content from Planetsmilies .com

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                Muzz , ,the warning says it is for Content from Planetsmilies .com
                Yep thats the usual one .. been doing it for years

Comment

Heres the thread I was looking for ... again

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...ghlight=planet

Its all been done before

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                    OK , was only you and WAzza on the second page.
                    Yeah go on and blame me for everything

Comment

Malware

coincidence or not ,but later the same day i had offerswizard malware appear on certain sites i visited ,found it and got it removed

Comment

Originally posted by [COLOR=#3E3E3E
                        d4c24a[/COLOR]
                        Malware
                        coincidence or not ,but later the same day i had offerswizard malware appear on certain sites i visited ,found it and got it removed
                        So see if i understand this .You click on a thread here ,but your security won't let you access the page .
                        So if there was a threat ,you could not access it .
                        You go to other sites and Malaware pops up .What happened to your security warnings when you clicked on these sites .
                        Seems to me if this forum was a problem,We regulars would be getting this malaware all the time .
                        Muz takes running this forum very seriously ,All updates are done ,and if there is a problem he is on to it quickly .

Comment

ignore

due to the reply from Muz i ignored the warning

i notice it has now gone from the said thread

Comment

Well I'm glad you got it sorted d4c24a .... I can tell people till I'm blue in the face theres no problem here (doesent mean there will never be) but its hard to know where a threat has arisen from your point of view.

Any of us can pick up malware from the most benign places, usually clicking on email attachments. But .. planet smillies did have a problem .. their site was infested , and google (and chrome) blocked them to protect their customers .... and anywhere plant smillies stuff was found .. also threw up the warning with anyone who used chrome as a browser.

I identified this ages ago and eliminated it.. thats why I knew the problem wasnt here.

Frankly .. there isnt a problem with Plant Smillies and never was, its just that google (and chrome) never wanted to be associated with spreading spam ware .. unlike MS and internet explorer, who dont give a monkeys toss

Your solution to your woes is an open source browser thats not dependant on any other person to pay their ways called firefox

Comment

You have to wonder sometimes ,if you have your browser set to block reported attack sites using googles list then you will end up scratching your head bemused .

Comment

Working...
                              X