Traxcavator pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traxcavator pics

Saw this handsome machine sitting by the road on our way into the park yesterday.
    Attached Files

Kinda weird extention piece on the front forks IMHO if that was raised .. and you tried to grab a full load of timber .. do you think it would lift it ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      .. do you think it would lift it ?
      It's only a cat, but yes I reckon it would

Comment

It is a Beak ,or clamp to hold the logs from rolling off the forks Hyd rams lift it up out of the way until it clamps down on the logs .

Comment

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvleee eeeeeeee fire wood...........................
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
            It is a Beak ,or clamp to hold the logs from rolling off the forks Hyd rams lift it up out of the way until it clamps down on the logs .
            I couldnt see any hydraulics attached to it though .. thats why I wondered what i was ?
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I've got more pictures on my wife's camera that I should be able to upload when I get home. The project going on there is selective logging in order to expose some of the still healthy Lodgepole Pine trees to the sun so their pine cones will be able to open and spread their seeds without starting a catastrophic forest fire. The last time that isolated forest had a fire was in the late 1800's early 1900's which destroyed the forest, since then any time a fire broke out they always extinguished it. Well because they've always put the fires out right away the forest hasn't been able to regenerate properly since that type of tree requires intense heat to release their seeds from the pine cones. And now that people live there and camp there the worry is that if a fire starts it'll wipe out the entire forest and take many more years than normal to recover so they found that exposing the trees to the sun actually helps open up the pine cones. It'll be interesting to see if that really works....

Comment

Working...
              X