Great British company ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great British company ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1319223/30-years-ago-96-cent-JCB-digger-Britain-Today-just-36-cent-WHY.html

only 36 % of parts made in UK .. and they have a royal warrant too ... shocking
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

They have a royal warrant because the supply the royals with diggers. I think I might even qualify now for a royal warrant. Stagecoach has a royal warrant and even thought he queen qualifies for a buss pass I don't think she goes on huge bus to the shops much?

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
      I think I might even qualify now for a royal warrant.
      Maybe not a Royal one Jim lad
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Maybe not a Royal one Jim lad
        Aye a Royal one! I have done a lot of work on the royal estates over the years.

I hope I don't qualify for a police one!

Comment

I think that's how it is for most equipment manufacturers these days, over here John Deere hasn't produced an excavator of their own design since the late '70's early '80's. For a time they just license manufactured Hitachi machines with some of their own input. But now except on certain models they are just simply Hitachi machines in Deere paint with Isuzu engines...the shitty ones have Deere engines. lol Their biggest dozers the 950 and 1050 are entirely Liebherr and one or two wheel loader models. For a while some of the track loaders or Drotts were all Liebherr but are now all Deere design....or so I'm told. Case isn't really Case anymore it's more like Case/ New Holland with lots of Sumitomo and Kobelco in there and almost everybody is using ZF powertrains including Deere. Just be glad JCB is still British owned (assuming that it still is) over here in Canada when Volvo bought the Champion Motor Grader Company back in the late '90's we lost probably the last Canadian Heavy Equipment Manufacturer we have a few manufacturing plants and numerous attachment and bucket manfacturers but no more Canadian owned digger or earthmover manufacturers that I am aware of. We just seem to produce raw material or resources for manufacturing like iron, coal, oil, and other related industrial minerals.

Comment

Working...
          X