Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed re sewage access point in new build garden

Hello,

We live in a new build house and in our back garden we have a sewage access point which leads from the temporary toilet block which Site are currently using. We were told it will be moved and filled in when the Site units move at the end of building.

I recently complained as we get nasty whiffs drifting across the garden and sometimes into the house. Site came to check the drain and it was 'clean as a whistle' but they agreed that it did smell. As a result they've said they'll re-route their sewage drainage and close off that access point but cannot do it for another 3-4 weeks.

Anyway, my question is regarding legislation for laying these sewage pipes and access points in new builds. I was surprised to see that the pipework and drain was perhaps only a foot below ground level. I always thought drainage of this kind had to be much deeper to prevent the exact problem we've been experiencing with smells. Or is this an old rule that used to relate to older properties? Does anyone know if having sewage drainage so close to ground level is correct or not?

I'd really like to complain and try to get them to bring the work forward and would like to bring this point up in my argument, but only if I'm correct.

Thanks for any advice.

The smell will be from the temporary block during the build which will all go when the build finishes I assume ? .. Not nice agree .. but thats life when a project is in progress ... wont be long before its done
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
    X