Home made forklift hydraulics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home made forklift hydraulics

Hi, I am grafting a komatsu forklift mast onto a liner dumper I have. I have the spool valve from the forklift and I have decided to also fit a danfoss steering valve as the steering box is on its way out.

I was hoping to just have a pressure feed from the pump to the danfoss valve then a hose to the spool valve and finally return to the tank (the spool valve has 2 return for some reason - both have oil flow when the engine is turned over). But I guess there may be an issue with the danfoss pressure relief valve discharging into a high pressure hose (if the lift spool valve is being used). I have an old thwaites dumper that feeds the tip spool valve first (which appears to have a feed to return specifically for the pressure relief) then a pressure feed to the steering valve.

Any ideas - or just build it and see what happens.

Does anybody know why the lift spool have two returns - the second return comes off the base of the mast lift section of the valve.

thanks

Originally posted by bangertrack View Post

Does anybody know why the lift spool have two returns - the second return comes off the base of the mast lift section of the valve.

thanks
    It will have a check valve in the circuit to stop the mast dropping in the event of a burst.

But yes .. its hard to see the layout using words .. just build it
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I think you are right - I will build it and see what happens!

Comment

Careful now, I think the pressure from the hydraulic spool might be too high for an orbital unit, and if so you blow the shaft seal ........
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Working...
        X