evening all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evening all

Hi guys: Just joined & thought I'd say hi, names Andy & i'm based near Neath in South Wales.
    Trained originally as an Auto & Plant electrician but
    then went off into the mains side of things, retired now due to health problems but still kept all my kit & like to keep my hand in when I can.

Andy

Welcome fella
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Cheers Muz, appreciate it. Hopefully I can be a help to someone.

Andy

Comment

Yes , Welcome Andy .
        I like your Attitude .

Comment

Cheers buddy: As I said been out of the game for quit a while (Worst thing I've ever done) but you know what they say: 2 heads are always better than 1 especially when it comes to electrical problems.

Andy

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Thanks Jim, seems to be a lot of Scottish guys on the forum. No guys that's not a complaint, my family were originally from Scotland.

Andy

Comment

Welcome there Tech.............now what blarney have you for me....................
                A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Hi stock: Thanks for the welcome mate, blarney ? Sorry buddy, never been to the Emerald isle to kiss the stone.

Andy.

Comment

Hi Andy welcome to the forum from the only Canuck here.

Comment

Cheers 245: What's the weather like in Canada this time of year ?. From what we see on TV over here, it looks like a glorious place to live.

Andy

Comment

Well it's summer time now so its pretty good at the moment. My home province of Manitoba has been pretty wet as of late the western part of the province where my brother lives had seven inches of rain recently making a lot of problems for people in low lying areas. My wife and I just came back from holidays in the far western part of the country, Alberta and British Columbia and the weather was really nice and dry to the point they are starting to have troubles with forest fires.

Comment

Hi Buddy: I like snow as well as good weather, when you say forest fires are they naturally occurring ordo you have lunatics that GP out & set them for the sake of it ?.Where I lived until a few months ago, as soon as dry weatherArrived we had morons setting fire to the mountains around us,It's been going on for years & done untold damage to the Black mountains.Our wonderful police force still haven't caught them.Andy

Comment

We get a little bit of both, sometimes lightning from thunderstorms will hit a dead or half dead tree and it'll smolder until conditions are just right and start a fire. Often in the area I live in which is mostly prairie people will try burning off old dead grass and it often gets out of hand and we can get some nasty grass fires in the spring before things 'green up'. The fall of 2011 and almost all of 2012 conditions got pretty crisp around here and our little Volunteer Fire Department had quite a few calls, most fires are put out pretty quickly but we had a big one that took a couple days.

Comment

Hi buddy: None of ours were naturally occurring, there appears to be a small group of morons travelling around the area with the intent of setting grass fires. They don't care a damn where they do it or who gets put in danger, on 1 occasion they actually went onto somebody's land & set fire to the grassland behind their bungalow. The family were luckily alerted by the crackling noise of the fire & called the fire brigade who got them out & managed to put the fires out.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X