Some recent work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some recent work

I haven't contributed much lately so I guess it's about time I posted some photos. I had a friend call me up to operate one of his three machines on a highway renewal job he and his business partner have three excavators two Kobelco SK210LC's and one Hitachi ZX160LC as well a tandem axle dump truck and a tri-axle trailer for transporting the machines. He said work up until now has been quite slow and starting to make him and his partner look towards the oilfields to keep cash coming in. Luckily this company doing the highway job had a shortage of skilled operators and equipment and required one excavator for the job I was working on and another for a long highway detour job where a couple of old bridges have to be replaced. Most of the work was simple muck shifting, ditching, and backfill and reinstatement. The summer up until recently has been pretty wet and squishy so much of the work normally done with small dozers had to be done with the excavator....good thing for me.
    Attached Files

Good work Bert , Must be a struggle to clear water in that flat country .

Comment

Yeah I think the foreman told me the grade for one of the ditches that I had to try to clean up was 0.5 % lots of farmers and contractors spend big money on gps systems and laser systems for grading but many of these ditches have water in them all summer long the land is just too flat to really drain effectively.

Comment

Working...
      X