Mack B61,Still working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack B61,Still working

Nice ! .. he sure is stirring porridge with that box .. mixing hi & lo's Interesting mix of old guages and sat nav ... I'm a fan of old kit though and how it used to be .. so its a pleasure to see
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Nice ! .. he sure is stirring porridge with that box .. mixing hi & lo's Interesting mix of old guages and sat nav ... I'm a fan of old kit though and how it used to be .. so its a pleasure to see
      Just how many boxes and gears are there on that magnificent beast???

Comment

Mack had 3 gearboxes for the B models First was a duplex main box has 5 gears with 2 speed splitterbox , giving 10 gears .
        Next was a triplex , 5 again in the main box, and three in the other box ,giving 15 gears .
        Last was the Quadbox, 5 again in the main , with 4 in the other box ,. This gives 20 gears , but a couple do overlap , so it gives you 18 usable gears .
        Idea is put in first gear in the main and use the gears in the second box , then change to second in the main and back to low in second box , and come back up though them again ..
        Fairly sure the truck in the video was a triplex box .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
          Mack had 3 gearboxes for the B models First was a duplex main box has 5 gears with 2 speed splitterbox , giving 10 gears .
          Next was a triplex , 5 again in the main box, and three in the other box ,giving 15 gears .
          Last was the Quadbox, 5 again in the main , with 4 in the other box ,. This gives 20 gears , but a couple do overlap , so it gives you 18 usable gears .
          Idea is put in first gear in the main and use the gears in the second box , then change to second in the main and back to low in second box , and come back up though them again ..
          Fairly sure the truck in the video was a triplex box .
          Holy crap I didnt realise there were 'that' many
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
          X