Our Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Mercedes-Benz Actros Titan at work moving construction plant
    The UK’s first Mercedes-Benz Actros Titan heavy haulage tractor unit to be equipped with a new type of transmission and fitted with a MegaSpace cab has entered service in the fleet of Hampshire operator Chappell’s of Stubbington.

Fareham-based Chappell’s purchased its new flagship from neighbouring dealer Pentagon Commercials. It is now transporting plant and machinery used by customers working in the construction and demolition industries, at gross weights of up to 150t. The truck is capable of operation at 250t gcw.
    The 8x4 Actros 4160S is powered by a 600hp, 16-litre V8, which drives through a Mercedes PowerShift automated gearbox that works in conjunction with Voith’s new VIAB Turbo Clutch. This combination replaces the previous manual ’box and torque converter clutch, which required a separate retarder.
    The VIAB Turbo Clutch has an integrated retarder for additional braking, so an external retarder is no longer needed. Being both smaller and lighter, it frees up chassis space and increases payload capacity.
    The Turbo Clutch is designed to be wear-free, more fuel-efficient, and have finer control characteristics when pulling away and during low-speed manoeuvring under heavy loads. It is capable of handling and delivering some 3,000Nm of torque, significantly more than a traditional torque converter, Mercedes says.
    The use of the 16-speed Mercedes PowerShift automated transmission means that operators can now specify a Mercedes-Benz Titan heavy haulage tractor unit with a flat-floored MegaSpace cab.
    Director Mark Harris said: “The automated PowerShift transmission with Turbo Clutch is superb, and gives us the best of both worlds. When pulling away and working at low speeds the Turbo Clutch is extremely sensitive and makes the truck very easy to manoeuvre.
    “And once you’re up and running the automated Mercedes PowerShift is a lot smoother than a manual, while also leaving the driver free to concentrate on the road rather than worrying about which gear he’s in.”

A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

the value liner , with trailer and hitachi on board .

Comment

This is another one we own . Does not look as pretty any more though .

Comment

The New Mack Valueliner and Float . This float is going to go behind our Vintage Mack B model .

Comment

Couple more .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
              Our new Truck .Bit rough around the edges

Love driving these old dafs
              http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zh3dM7-rok

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dscn8785/4473110954/

Comment

Finally got it on the road about a month ago . Somehow it had been Registered before at 250 MM over length. So we had to get the body cut and shut .. Had a few persistent oil leaking to sort out .. Still one or two teething problems . but she's working .

Comment

Back at work Gus ? ,Or back home from being back at work .

Comment

Back at work ian getting home today for the weekend then away for 2-3 weeks on a jack up drilling rig called the ensco 80

Comment

Still enjoying the work ?

Comment

Yea i sure am! If the plant game payed as much I would be at that as that's my passion! But you need to go where the money is to keep afloat in these tough times

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                            The Mack looks tidy Ian

Heres my Scania with a medium load

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23[/ATTACH]

Shes a P270 2006 plate and drives effortlessly like a small family car :wub: has a lifting rear axle when not heavily loaded .. been a great reliable tool (touches wood)
                            ...not wanting to remind you of this Muz.....

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                              Latest Acquisition a mack value liner primemover .
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]901[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]902[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]903[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]904[/ATTACH]
                              Nice pictures. That cool truck is mostly used on heavy hauling trucking and other trucking company.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                                You see them here time to time as well, I always liked that style of truck box more as you don't have that 'dog house' for mud to freeze in or get stuck in. Ian if you have the opportunity could you post a picture of how you carry your excavator in there? I know a guy that does something similar he has an International tandem that he carries his Komatsu I think D36S track loader in. He never really hauls any dirt he just gets people to do that for him but he modified his tail gate with some folding ramps and I think a winch so he can simply drive his machine in or out. He puts the loader arms up with the bucket in the dump position at the top front of the box. His name's Vik but we usually call him the 'Cat in the box'. lol If I have the opportunity or run into him one of these days I'll get some pictures.
                                Sorry Bert ,I meant to put a Photo up Earlier , This is the JCB coming off the back of the Hino .img_5447.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X