Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Trucks

1000145v.jpg1000139j.jpgd6012.jpg
    Last edited by ianoz; 16-02-2011, 02:23 PM.

Interesting got the photos up ,but could not post words . Anyway ,First one is Mack metro liner . Second one was our first truck ,now retired . Leyland Mastiff With V8 perkins . Last onr is my Hino Super Dolphin . Ian .

Comment

Nice one ... did the Mastiff have power steering or did you need arms like a gorilla to turn it ?

Comment

Hi Gary ,It had power steering that worked beautifly , until you wanted to steer it into a tight spot . Ian .

Comment

The Mack looks tidy Ian

Heres my Scania with a medium load

truck 1.jpg

Shes a P270 2006 plate and drives effortlessly like a small family car :wub: has a lifting rear axle when not heavily loaded .. been a great reliable tool (touches wood)
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Medium load. If they are 3 toners OK . 4 tonners , you would be a naughty boy over here . Ian .

Comment

Nahh .. 3 x 1.5s a 2x 1 tonne dumper and a 2.5 .. shell carry 18 tonne the problem is getting 18 tonne on it
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Muz , Our problem here is GVM{Gross vehicule Mass } We are only allowed 22.5 GVM on the tandem trucks like the mack .Yours As you mentioned else where is 30 Ton . So you say you can carry 18 ton ,mean the scania weights 12 ton .My hino weights 10.1 ton and with the 22.5 GVM gives me 12.4 The heavier duty your truck is ,the more the weight penalises you ..My leyland being a lighter truck was good for 13.4 ton . 20 or so years ago the GVMs were lower at 20.5 .A guy had a tandem drive N12 volo tipper and a single axle bedford TK.Bedford could legally carry about 1/2 a ton less than the volvo . And back a few more years than that a tandem drive Leyland Boxer ,had a GVM of 17,7 ton and weghted 7.3 ton . I will chase up some rego costs ,but i am fairly sure a road train prime mover that can pull three trailers costs the poor buggers $50000 a year for registration and possibly the trailer rego on top of that. At the moment the roads in western queensland are still badly flood damaged and roads have weight restrictions on them so the road trains are not allowed to work . Ian .

Comment

1000457k.jpg1000458p.jpg1000459a.jpgNew to us old truck turning up tomorrow ,Mack Valueliner

Comment

Just watch you dont hit any old ladies with that thing !!

Comment

Yes Muz , you got to be carefull .Them walking frames a sirprisingly sturdy ,and do affect the finish of the bullbar.

Comment

Why the sleeper cab?? thought a day cab would be more suitable.................................well wear
                        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

The Sleeper has got to come off .It just sits on the back . Put a new rubber and back window in and in business . Got to go , be back in 1/2 an hour .

Comment

Love the Mack Ian still see a few of those running around here, I think those were the best trucks they ever made. Not familiar with the other two, Leyland never made it to this side of the pond, but Hino has and I hear good things just never drove or had to maintain one. Thanks for posting some pics of your trucks I'd love to see what other iron you have.

Comment

Hi Ian i have not got flash trucks like you mate gust a couple of old bangers form the 1970s

Comment

Working...
                              X