Yanmar SV08 OR Kubota U10-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanmar SV08 OR Kubota U10-3

Hi Where looking to buy our first mini digger but can't decide between the Yanamr SV08 or Kubota U10-3?

Any suggestions

kkkkkkubota every time .. that said Ive not driven the Yanmar so dont know what its like ?... what prices have you been offered .. are we talking new or second hand ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      kkkkkkubota every time .. that said Ive not driven the Yanmar so dont know what its like ?... what prices have you been offered .. are we talking new or second hand ?

Both 2nd hand machines both around the £6500. Hours are 1400 The kubota does look a nicer machine

Comment

The Kubota will hold its value better, and if someone has compared values on age and hours and said they both cost same they are wrong... The Kubota always makes stronger money Unless it needs some fixing up Hth
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Callum. View Post
          Both 2nd hand machines both around the £6500. Hours are 1400 The kubota does look a nicer machine
          Hi Callum

I'm with Muz, after all he's the professional and I also have a leaning towards Kubota particularly because of my mini tractor that I've owned for the past thirty years but unless you're restricted by space and weight, can I suggest that either machine is a little on the small side?

Like you I was an absolute novice in the 'first digger' market and I happened to fall on my feet by chance when I bought a Takeuchi TBO 1.6 with 20k hours for about the same money you're intending to spend.

Takeuchi diggers are fairly well respected in the professional market but not a familiar name to the un-initiated. As it's name suggests it is 1.6 ton, it can fit through a one meter opening but has expanding tracks which increase it's stability and add-on sides for the dozer blade for greater grading ability, which I have used to good effct on many occasions.

In your decision making you might also want to consider what buckets the offered machine comes with and I have to say that a 'quick hitch' is a tremendous boon for rapid trouble free bucket changing.

Good hunting.

Rgds CL

Comment

Picked her up today :) :)

Comment

Seat looks in good condition as does the safety belt (which no one uses) good tracks .. no serious dents and the lettering hasnt been blasted off the cowling in front of the levers , I'd say you have a good 'un ... well done you wont regret that .. did you have to pay full money or did you haggle ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                Seat looks in good condition as does the safety belt (which no one uses) good tracks .. no serious dents and the lettering hasnt been blasted off the cowling in front of the levers , I'd say you have a good 'un ... well done you wont regret that .. did you have to pay full money or did you haggle ?

I had three new buckets and two months warrenty so was happy to pay the asking price. I bought her from a kubota main dealer. Brand new tracks most of the bushes have been replaced. Goes well feels nice and tight

Do you guys have Trackers on your machines? Its stored in a secure garage but I want to be on the safe side.

Comment

Nice purchase, I personally would have opted for the Yanmar but well wear...........
                  A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Working...
                  X