Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo EC15B XTV Solenoid coil?

Hi all

Does anyone have info on a supplier for this solenoid coil (EOI 12V Class F). See pics.
    I think this ones had it!

Thanks in advance

Simank
    Attached Files

Is that the double speed travel one ? .... Volvo are very good at hiding the identity of these parts.
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Out of pure luck I googled 'EDI' and looks like they make them ... you might have to do some rewiring but it looks a bit like this one

http://www.hydroma.eu/index.php?action=detail&dp=3694
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Out of pure luck I googled 'EDI' and looks like they make them ... you might have to do some rewiring but it looks a bit like this one

http://www.hydroma.eu/index.php?action=detail&dp=3694
        Thanks again for quick response Muz, that coil I believe is the correct one as I have also been looking further and found the same coil manufactured by Bosch Rexroth. http://apps.boschrexroth.com/product...RE18325-90.pdf, They are available apparently in many different guises. I will try to find uk supplier tomorrow and let the forum know how I get on. The O-ring seals protecting the stem seamed to have failed, so I hope that is the cause of the failure.

Regards
        Simank

Comment

Well .. its the way the solenoid works you need to know about ... I'm betting that, when energised .. it holds the valve open, so maybe an email to the supplier will confirm the spec you need, then you'll need to do some testing of the supply cable on the digger to work out what wires do what, but I'm guessing there will be three in the connector ?

Comment

Originally posted by simank View Post
            The O-ring seals protecting the stem seamed to have failed, so I hope that is the cause of the failure.
            I think they just ...... 'fail' all the stuff inside is sealed

Comment

The coil has a 300mm lead with a deutsch 2 pole waterproof connector on the end. They are part of the Boschrexoth group and the coil can be ordered with different voltages and connections. I've managed to order in the uk from a bosch distributor and new coil should be with me in 3-5 days. I will report back then. I understand and believe that all coils are themselves sealed, but I didn't realise that some have said 'O' rings at the bottom and top of solenoid shaft that the coil slips on to, to form sealed protection from moisture between the shaft and coil itself.
              If that makes any sense?

Regards
              Simank

Comment

Keen to hear how it goes... as I've one missing double speed travel at the moment cos I robbed the coil for something else

Comment

Coil update

Just to report that the new coils have been fitted and all is working correctly again. Apparently there was a service bulletin issued about said coils. ie.. Quote 'Cause - Poor quality of the pilot valve with result burnt coil and fuses.'

I only gathered this info after I'd purchased 2 x Rexroth coils without the original lead, but with the correct female deutsch connector as part of the coil. Coil Ref. OD02172030OB00 and I purchased from a Bosch Rexroth supplier. I can give further details if any one needs.

And to answer Muz's question over the solenoids actual function, if I understand the service info manual correctly, it seems that the top solenoid and coil MA2 of the pilot valve controls the 2 speed travel and the bottom solenoid/coil MA4, controls the expanding tracks according to the volvo service info. But, I believe this MA4 solenoid, which had the burned coil on my machine, is also linked to the hydraulic safety switch in the LHS armrest and controls the hydraulic pilot circuit being activated or not.
                  To actually change the coils I had to disconnect hoses and remove the complete valve block due to lack of space.

Simank

Comment

Originally posted by simank View Post
                    Just to report that the new coils have been fitted and all is working correctly again. Apparently there was a service bulletin issued about said coils. ie.. Quote 'Cause - Poor quality of the pilot valve with result burnt coil and fuses.'

I only gathered this info after I'd purchased 2 x Rexroth coils without the original lead, but with the correct female deutsch connector as part of the coil. Coil Ref. OD02172030OB00 and I purchased from a Bosch Rexroth supplier. I can give further details if any one needs.

And to answer Muz's question over the solenoids actual function, if I understand the service info manual correctly, it seems that the top solenoid and coil MA2 of the pilot valve controls the 2 speed travel and the bottom solenoid/coil MA4, controls the expanding tracks according to the volvo service info. But, I believe this MA4 solenoid, which had the burned coil on my machine, is also linked to the hydraulic safety switch in the LHS armrest and controls the hydraulic pilot circuit being activated or not.
                    To actually change the coils I had to disconnect hoses and remove the complete valve block due to lack of space.

Simank
                    Excellent good result .. and I take it for a lot less £ than Volvo were asking for ?

Thank you Simank .. thats very useful ... yes they are a b*stard to get out, and off/on .. So is the failure linked to the fact its part of the safety circuit ?.. and if so .. have you a view on why that might be ?

Comment

Well well .. no response from simank .. but another failed coil for me today ., I shall go looking for his replacements IMG_1305[1].jpgIMG_1307[1].jpg

Comment

Well well .. no response from simank .. but another failed coil for me today ., I shall go looking for his replacements [ATTACH=CONFIG]3642[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3643[/ATTACH]
                        rather you than me Muz ..... looks a bitch to get at

I have a 6x2 diverter valve, that I have a job for ..... if I could find it a new 24v coil ... one on it is only 12v and a weird looker .... Italian valve IIRC ... big ol' coil
                        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                          rather you than me Muz ..... looks a bitch to get at
                          You got it mate managed to release the block from below which I didnt know I could do ? .. but it was still hooked up to a booger load of pipes anyways heres the biggie .. the fecking spool rod was bent like a banana and it still worked ?? Queerest looking valve ive seen in me time ? wish I'd taken a pic but under pressure to get a dead machine going I dint .. you know .. hands covered in oils .. spanners everywhere .. hire punter looking over your shoulder

Comment

You got it mate managed to release the block from below which I didnt know I could do ? .. but it was still hooked up to a booger load of pipes anyways heres the biggie .. the fecking spool rod was bent like a banana and it still worked ?? Queerest looking valve ive seen in me time ? wish I'd taken a pic but under pressure to get a dead machine going I dint .. you know .. hands covered in oils .. spanners everywhere .. hire punter looking over your shoulder
                            Aye ..... know what you mean mate .... always wiping me hands off for pix ..... for yous lot
                            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
                            X