Divorce yay or nay??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce yay or nay??

So I keep hearing on the radio that some Scot's are looking to leave their centuries old union. How is the possible divorce affecting our favourite Scotsmen here? We had a similar thing going on here in 1995 when a referendum was held for the province of Quebec leaving Confederation.

Yep .. today is the big day ... personally I'm a 'No' for many reasons, although my heart says 'yes' .. having just come through the worst recession ever, I couldnt stand the thought of any further heartache over independence .... and for me there are not enough concrete answers for me to say that I wanted independence .. Its been a hugely divisive campaign and it looks like we are split down the middle on the issue. So it will be interesting to see tomorrows outcome
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

It's a no from me too! To many questions and not enough answers. Anyways only a couple hours till we find out the results!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
        It's a no from me too! To many questions and not enough answers. Anyways only a couple hours till we find out the results!
        I think a wee bevvy will be on the cards Jim ... on commiserations and what weve done ? or thank fook ! .. I have to say even my house is devided .. wife is a Yes and so is eldest son ... I gave it my best shot
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          I think a wee bevvy will be on the cards Jim ... on commiserations and what weve done ? or thank fook ! .. I have to say even my house is devided .. wife is a Yes and so is eldest son ... I gave it my best shot
          As a business I just don't get it. Christ we still don't know what currency we will use someone spoke about VAT at 25%!!! I struggle at 20% as I am not VAT registered.

I have not advertised my vote as a business incase I put people voting the other way off using me which can happen but I did see one of my competitions driving past with a massive scotland flag on their van today!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
            As a business I just don't get it.
            Most who own business dont .. unless they are mega rich and dont care because they are big enough and the consequences wont affect them

Comment

It was similar here in '95 when Quebec almost 'separated' nobody had any idea on how it would work out if they did separate and I still don't think they have any idea on how it would work. Either way I wish you guys all the luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                or thank fook ! ..
                Scotland has spoken its a NO to independence

Comment

Sounds like you guys will get a few concessions out of the whole event. Sometime here in Canada its like the Western provinces have to threaten to leave Confederation because of the ignorance of the Eastern Provinces.....mostly Ontario.

Comment

The sad thing is this has caused a lot of aggrevasion. I have been called many things already for voting no. This has caused divisions that may never be repaired. There was always going to be winners and losers that's just life but the levels of haters between everyone in scary!

Comment

Aye the scum that start these things are always going to be there .. Ive many friends who voted yes and their opinion is/was respected, that what a democracy should be

Comment

Yeah the Quebec referendum really caused a sore spot in the country and people still seem to chose ignorance towards the fact that the Quebecois have more than just a different language it's a culture but nothing ever got violent thankfully....

Comment

Did our Forum Friend Peter Dow feature in the yes campaign .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                            I am certain of that! I'm surprised he didn't post to maximise his exposure!

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post

Ah ah peter dow oh how I miss is deluded views on the world! Do you remember the hydro dam scheme? Because he made his bigger it was better and the way to go!!

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Peter_Dow

Comment

Working...
                              X