Hitachi mini digger won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitachi mini digger won't start

I've a Hitachi mini digger on hire (ZX22U-2 YLK, year 2013, 2200 kg., on rubber tracks). It was fine yesterday & when hired before. This morning I got on, pulled down and engaged the security arm, turned the ignition - nothing. The battery looks OK (the lights are bright).
    It's like I've forgotten to do something. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Peter View Post
    I've a Hitachi mini digger on hire (ZX22U-2 YLK, year 2013, 2200 kg., on rubber tracks). It was fine yesterday & when hired before. This morning I got on, pulled down and engaged the security arm, turned the ignition - nothing. The battery looks OK (the lights are bright).
    It's like I've forgotten to do something. Any suggestions?
    All my diggers need the arm 'up' to start ? just a thought .. plus .. are you saying someone has hired you a machine, and you cannot contact the hirer for some support over the weekend ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      All my diggers need the arm 'up' to start ? just a thought .. plus .. are you saying someone has hired you a machine, and you cannot contact the hirer for some support over the weekend ?
      Yes, that's right, they don't work Saturdays or Sundays & there's no manual, though I've never had any problems with it before. I'll try the arm both ways. And whether it works or not, many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
        Yes, that's right, they don't work Saturdays or Sundays & there's no manual, though I've never had any problems with it before. I'll try the arm both ways. And whether it works or not, many thanks.
        I think thats pretty piss poor that a hirer has left you in that position ... from a safety point of view, I am always contactable when I have kit on hire at weekends as I deal with trade and general public alike
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
        X