1997 Daewoo DH50 Starter Relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Daewoo DH50 Starter Relay

The parts manual for the DH50 shows a starter relay and starter controller unit both of which are fitted to the machine but do not show on the wiring diagrams in the shop manual.

Can anyone shed any light on what the starter controller function is and how it is wired in?

Welcome to the forum .. can you explain a bit about your problem first that might help a diagnosis?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Welcome to the forum .. can you explain a bit about your problem first that might help a diagnosis?
      Wiring on machine has been seriously modified. Glow plugs and starter are both wired direct through ignition switch causing serious volt drop at start.

i have traced glow plug wiring and checked out controller all ok but heater relay not functioning so I plan to replace relay and rewire glow plugs through relay.

Whilst checking glow plug system I came across starter controller in panel behind seat and traced wiring to a relay alongside and identical to glow plug relay with yellow cable going towards stater motor where it is disconnected and hanging loose. Starter relay currently wired direct from ignition switch thus by passing starter controller and relay. Have checked out started controller which appears to function correctly with voltage appearing on relay coil terminals but no operation of relay. Hence I am planning to replace starter relay along with heater relay and reconnect the yellow wire to starter. I am interested to understand the purpose of the starter controller and possibly confirm wiring which as earlier post is not shown on shop manual wiring diagram.

Comment

Originally posted by DADumper View Post
        Wiring on machine has been seriously modified. Glow plugs and starter are both wired direct through ignition switch causing serious volt drop at start.

i have traced glow plug wiring and checked out controller all ok but heater relay not functioning so I plan to replace relay and rewire glow plugs through relay.

Whilst checking glow plug system I came across starter controller in panel behind seat and traced wiring to a relay alongside and identical to glow plug relay with yellow cable going towards stater motor where it is disconnected and hanging loose. Starter relay currently wired direct from ignition switch thus by passing starter controller and relay. Have checked out started controller which appears to function correctly with voltage appearing on relay coil terminals but no operation of relay. Hence I am planning to replace starter relay along with heater relay and reconnect the yellow wire to starter. I am interested to understand the purpose of the starter controller and possibly confirm wiring which as earlier post is not shown on shop manual wiring diagram.
        If it's the module I think you are talking about, it stops you starting the engine when it has oil pressure, replacing the relay and reconnecting the correct wiring would be a good place to start Mick

Comment

When you say oil pressure is that working oil pressure ?

Relays have been sourced and I plan to refit and replace original wiring as soon as possible. Limited at the moment due to lense replacement in on eye preventing me getting dirty!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DADumper View Post
            When you say oil pressure is that working oil pressure ?

Relays have been sourced and I plan to refit and replace original wiring as soon as possible. Limited at the moment due to lense replacement in on eye preventing me getting dirty!!!
            Engine oil pressure, mick

Comment

Update

Update: I e mailed Doosan who arranged for Promac Solutions of Aldermaston to provide a wiring diagram. Thanks to Doosan and Promac Solutions.
              No excuse now will have to get on and fix it.

Comment

Working...
              X