Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need an advice...

Hi everyone,
    need an advice on how to get a job as a site manager/assistant site manager for a reputable company.I've been working in the field for more than 10 years,running my own business offering building services to small companies and individual clients.I've completed a number of projects (mostly residential,but few commercial too) from a simple 1-2 days jobs to complete house/flat refurbishments of a relatively small scale (value of up to £ 50,000).Have done it all-Kitchens,Bathrooms,Flooring,Electrical,Plumbing,St ructural work and etc. working with sub-contractors of course.Basically I've managed all aspects of a building project-from initial contact with a client through negotiating on costs ,hiring sub-contractors,supplying materials and etc.
    Recently completed a SMSTS course (got the certificate the other day) and looking for a Career change.The point is that I've never set a foot on a construction site and most,if not all companies require such experience.As I'm 43, don't really want to start from scratch.
    Has any of you faced similar challenge or have any good ideas on what I need to do in order to make the transition as smooth as possible?
    Thank you for your time.
Working...
X