No announcement yet.

Komatsu PC210-6 Won't slew intermittent fault - any help would be appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Komatsu PC210-6 Won't slew intermittent fault - any help would be appreciated

Hi
    thanks for reading in advance.

We've got a komatsu pc210-6 she's getting on abit now - 1998 but she's a good work horse.
    But she started to develop a intermittent slewing fault a few months ago.
    You'll be half way through a working day and she will just stop slewing asif the slewing brake is stuck on. Sometimes turning it off/on will fix the problem sometimes 10 mins other times you'll have to leave it over night.
    It's never done it from cold, the machine would have to run for a hour or so at least before this happens.. Sometimes it won't happen for 20 hours of running time.. Seems to have good and bad days/weeks.
    Had a fitter out to have a look he put a override switch on the slew brake to over ride it but this hasn't made a difference.

Also another electrical fault it's started to do is say it's overheating then cut the revs down to idle, only done this a few times but this is a recent problem and I don't think they are related?

Any one had a similar problem or have any idea on what it could be?
    Please don't say buy a newer machine as that's not a option... I wish it was though !

thanks
    matt

Hi & welcome to the forum sounds like its pressure related, as the valve block and component tolerances will change as it heats up. Are there any other services that lose power at the same time ? .. I take it you have checked/replaced all your filters ? If so the next thing to do would be to start looking at block output pressures in case it may be a problem with the swing motor.
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Hi & welcome to the forum sounds like its pressure related, as the valve block and component tolerances will change as it heats up. Are there any other services that lose power at the same time ? .. I take it you have checked/replaced all your filters ? If so the next thing to do would be to start looking at block output pressures in case it may be a problem with the swing motor.

hi muz!

We have recently given her a service and changed all filters!
      nothing else loses power, still tracks strong and arm/bucket actions are all good!
      I've been told to check earth straps in case it's something to do with that, so I'll check them first then I'll have to buy a pressure kit and test the hydraulics as you suggested!
      Thanks for your time
      Matt

Comment

It depends on the type of motor it uses for slew, there are a great variety of types but, a piece of debris in the motor its self is enough to stop it, as the parts are segmented, and sequential. They are often timed too (depending on the motor type) so if a pressure test shows nothing, aquaint your self with a good hydraulics shop, who can strip and test it, because all the bits look the same when you pull it apart, but flow in a sequence. (dont ask me how I know )
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Matt.hall View Post
          Hi
          thanks for reading in advance.

We've got a komatsu pc210-6 she's getting on abit now - 1998 but she's a good work horse.
          But she started to develop a intermittent slewing fault a few months ago.
          You'll be half way through a working day and she will just stop slewing asif the slewing brake is stuck on. Sometimes turning it off/on will fix the problem sometimes 10 mins other times you'll have to leave it over night.
          It's never done it from cold, the machine would have to run for a hour or so at least before this happens.. Sometimes it won't happen for 20 hours of running time.. Seems to have good and bad days/weeks.
          Had a fitter out to have a look he put a override switch on the slew brake to over ride it but this hasn't made a difference.

Also another electrical fault it's started to do is say it's overheating then cut the revs down to idle, only done this a few times but this is a recent problem and I don't think they are related?

Any one had a similar problem or have any idea on what it could be?
          Please don't say buy a newer machine as that's not a option... I wish it was though !

thanks
          matt
          Hi Matt,

at at the point that this slew problem occurs, does the slew brake stay on so the motor won't slew, or can you lift the bucket just off the ground and manually push it either way? I have known the brake seals to let by oil, therefore putting the brake on, if the the slew brake has a separate solenoid to operate the brake, if this shorts out internally it could throw up other faults on the panel.

Mick

Comment

Working...
          X