TAKEUCHI TB 15 fr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAKEUCHI TB 15 fr

Anyone seen or heard of this machine before? I was wandering if it was an import? horrible looking cab but the rest of it looks ok

http://plant.autotrader.co.uk/used-p...4a1538b5cf07b3

Its one of those side shift boom types ... but looks like its had a fractured dipper due to all the welding around it .. looks like one to avoid TBH .. bet it nods like hell when you dig with it
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

yes I noticed the welding cheers

Comment

Originally posted by selectcase View Post
        yes I noticed the welding cheers
        Looks more like an early TB 138 FR, and the boom is welded because it had a grapple bracket on it which has been removed leaving it weak on the dipper, if it's an import the lever set up will be different unless it has been re piped!

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Mick-the-fitter View Post
          the boom is welded because it had a grapple bracket on it
          You could be right on that Mick .. not sure it would have needed steel all the way around it though just for that, normally the front is faced and that's that. There was a phase (still current) of manufacturers welding cast pieces into their boom structures where they didnt knit the pieces very well internally which lead to structural failures at critical stress points which lead to separations and fracturing...... re-welding the fractures was never enough to cure it, you had to get into the fabric, and weld in gussets etc to try to remedy it, but even that didnt always work, as the stress loadings were wrong for the design of the original piece ..to be fair .. it was just bad design even without cast pieces..... anyway.. Its pretty hard to tell from the pics.
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            You could be right on that Mick .. not sure it would have needed steel all the way around it though just for that, normally the front is faced and that's that. There was a phase (still current) of manufacturers welding cast pieces into their boom structures where they didnt knit the pieces very well internally which lead to structural failures at critical stress points which lead to separations and fracturing...... re-welding the fractures was never enough to cure it, you had to get into the fabric, and weld in gussets etc to try to remedy it, but even that didnt always work, as the stress loadings were wrong for the design of the original piece ..to be fair .. it was just bad design even without cast pieces..... anyway.. Its pretty hard to tell from the pics.
            I agree Muz,

without the dipper being stripped back, we will never know, dippers what ever size don't normally just break through normal use.

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Mick-the-fitter View Post
              dippers what ever size don't normally just break through normal use.
              Well Ive had EX60's .. a U-50 boom and still got 3 Volvo EC 15's that all have dipper stress fractures. My neighbour pulled his JS 135 dipper apart to fix his last year, none of which have had anything other than normal use.

That said, with the EC15's the fracture point doesn't spread once its there .. it just 'appears' and no amount of weld will fix it, it just reappears.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                Well Ive had EX60's .. a U-50 boom and still got 3 Volvo EC 15's that all have dipper stress fractures. My neighbour pulled his JS 135 dipper apart to fix his last year, none of which have had anything other than normal use.

That said, with the EC15's the fracture point doesn't spread once its there .. it just 'appears' and no amount of weld will fix it, it just reappears.
                Yeh, sorry it is possible we have two Cat 308 E's that failed on boom ram brace, through bad welding, and a JS 130 whose dipper let go of its ram, but what seemed to be the problem with that mini, and the way it had been repaired made it look like some one tried to patch it up after a grapple bracket had been removed!

Mick

Comment

Working...
                X