jcb 801.4 lubricant - capacities and specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcb 801.4 lubricant - capacities and specs

just bought a 801.4 with 2400hrs on it, ive ordered a full service kit before i do any work, comprising of air filters (pre and main), fuel filters (both), oil filter and hydraulic filter, basically im wondering what fluids and how much is required, i.e. hydraulic oil, engine oil + coolant?, many thanks!

can anyone help?

Comment

The engine will probably be between 4 - 6 litres ... the hydraulic oil wont need changing yet at those hours
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

ah thats good to hear :) will a standard 10w40 engine oil be ok? and can i use normal 'blue' antifreeze? i didnt no if the oil would want changing in the hydraulic system cause of the age? despite it hours its a 1996 and i knowthese models suffer from hydraulic pump problems and i wanted to do anything i could to prevent premature failure

Comment

Welcome to the forum wsa,
          according to manual,
          engine holds 3.5L 15/40
          coolant 4.5 L canopy, 5.0 L cab
          fuel 17 L
          hydraulic oil 30 L ISO 46
          got myself one of a similar age a couple of years ago, despite what some members of the forum think to JCB I think its a ******* site better than a SPADE.

Comment

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
            despite what some members of the forum think to JCB I think its a ******* site better than a SPADE.
            Hey .... 'No' one is arguing with that
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

awsome help! at the moment im playing the... how many grease nipples as this thing got game! service kits here today though, ive ordered hydraulic oil just incase, although where is the resevoir for it hidden...?

Comment

If it's the same as mine hydraulic filler is next to key on the right of seat, could be under a cover unless it's missing like mine.
                It wont look kike a filler, you need an Allen key to undo the 3 screws, be careful because underneath there is a spring that keeps the filter down, take note how it goes, when I got mine the filter was upside down with said spring inside it, doing no good at all.
                I find it easier to lift out the filter while you are topping up the oil, you should have a sight glass behind the dozer lever for your oil level.
                If you want a copy of the manual PM me your email, it has all the grease nipples shown as well.
                Good luck.

Comment

ill pm you now, thanks for the info and help everyone! what an awsome forum!

Comment

okies, service done, sight glass seems to show zero oil... or its just crap, what position should i have all the rams in to top the hydraulic oil up if required? im guessing theres a procedure?

Comment

Manual on its way to you, this was very kindly sent to me by Rob-b, so I hope he doesn't mind me passing it on.

Comment

really handy manual, can finall grease slew gear properly! an di know correct terms for parts i need to rebush the main tipping link, also seems my fuel filter had been bypassed, what i thought was an additional fuel filter was the worlds dirtiest sight bowl, and the reason i couldnt see hydraulic level was it was 2litres low....

Comment

Manuel

Hi Ginger,

i hope this tread is still open, ill aso bought a jcb 1801.4 and i also like to have the manual.

tnx allready.

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
                          Manual on its way to you, this was very kindly sent to me by Rob-b, so I hope he doesn't mind me passing it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerrijsdijk View Post
                            Hi Ginger,

i hope this tread is still open, ill aso bought a jcb 1801.4 and i also like to have the manual.

tnx allready.
                            Sadly 2414.ginger has passed away,.. a few months back RIP fellow

Comment

Working...
                            X