buying new 1.6t digger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying new 1.6t digger

Been looking to upgrade my ec15b canopy, i mostly us it on a post banger that weighs 200kg, its fair to say that its a bit tippy at times.
    Thought a new machine with expanding tracks might be better.
    Have looked at the ec18c but thought it looked a bit cheaply made, the kubota kx018 looks a very nice machine and is the favorite at the moment.
    Also have seen tb216 is around same price and spec but not seen one in the flesh.
    Any opinions on best one for stability and and most user friendly for a 6'4" driver.
    ( looking at a canopy again).
    Cheers Brett

Originally posted by bretthawk View Post
    Been looking to upgrade my ec15b canopy, i mostly us it on a post banger that weighs 200kg, its fair to say that its a bit tippy at times.
    Thought a new machine with expanding tracks might be better.
    Have looked at the ec18c but thought it looked a bit cheaply made, the kubota kx018 looks a very nice machine and is the favorite at the moment.
    Also have seen tb216 is around same price and spec but not seen one in the flesh.
    Any opinions on best one for stability and and most user friendly for a 6'4" driver.
    ( looking at a canopy again).
    Cheers Brett
    I bought .. well .. took home a KX 015.4 and threw it back at the dealer .. its balance was terrible ... I compared it with an ordinary EC15 ( both cabbed) .. the EC 15's dipper was a foot longer, and with both rotated across the tracks and fully outstretched .. I could push down on the bucket of the Kubota with my hands and make it tip over , Whereas ... I could stand with my full bodyweight (an athletic 16 St ) on the bucket of the EC15 (with longer dipper) and jump up and down and it never moved an inch

In the photo you see below the digger couldnt even lift the ditcher at full stretch from a 3 tonner without falling over but the EC15 did it no problem

20130809_154352.jpg

In the end I changed it for an 018 , which was much better .. cos they decided to build it with a heavier counterweight like ? .. how didnt they do that anyways ? .. plus with extending tracks its a good tool but ofcourse a good bit more expensive
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

JCB 8018! Can't go wrong!! I have had 2!'

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
        JCB 8018! Can't go wrong!! I have had 2!'
        .....psst ... *looks left, .. right * dont tell the OP to do a forum search on your JCB's
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          .....psst ... *looks left, .. right * dont tell the OP to do a forum search on your JCB's
          Ok fair cop! I would still recommend them though!!

Comment

Looked at the tb216 and have to say i was very impressed, lots of storage areas, 3 working lights as standard, external lever to change 3rd service to single/double acting, no plastic panels all steel i think this is a big plus as i work in the forest quite a lot.

Muz i am a bit put off by your experience with the kx015 as the 018 has a long dipper so will still be a bit off balance at full stretch , i thought when i looked at kubota it looked bit light with no obvious rear counterweight.
            will keep you posted on final choice and dealer experience etc.
            brett

Comment

Originally posted by bretthawk View Post
              Looked at the tb216 and have to say i was very impressed, lots of storage areas, 3 working lights as standard, external lever to change 3rd service to single/double acting, no plastic panels all steel i think this is a big plus as i work in the forest quite a lot.

Muz i am a bit put off by your experience with the kx015 as the 018 has a long dipper so will still be a bit off balance at full stretch , i thought when i looked at kubota it looked bit light with no obvious rear counterweight.
              will keep you posted on final choice and dealer experience etc.
              brett
              Don't be ... Whilst the 015 is not good the 018 is very good, perhaps I didn't labor that enough it just annoys me that they can do that to the 015, plus it's a 3 year warranty, and it's a few thousand dearer because of the expanding tracks..... You need a demo of it to see what I mean 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                Don't be ... Whilst the 015 is not good the 018 is very good, perhaps I didn't labor that enough it just annoys me that they can do that to the 015, plus it's a 3 year warranty, and it's a few thousand dearer because of the expanding tracks..... You need a demo of it to see what I mean 😉
                The Teki will show signs of wear an awful lot faster than the 'buta. Good machines though just the metal in the boom and dipper is soft .....my10c worth.....
                A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Working...
                X