Jcb 801.4 head tightening torque?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jcb 801.4 head tightening torque?

due to a hilarious mess a customer made, managed to get fan blade jammed on something on rad, ****ing up rad, fan belt and blowing the head gasket... i now need to know the tightening torques for the head bolts so i can put her back together again... and man radiators for these aren't cheap!

48.81 Nm
    5.0-5.3 kgf m
    36-38 lbf ft
    According to the manual, unless it has had an engine swap.

Comment

Originally posted by wsa View Post
      due to a hilarious mess a customer made, managed to get fan blade jammed on something on rad, ****ing up rad, fan belt and blowing the head gasket... i now need to know the tightening torques for the head bolts so i can put her back together again... and man radiators for these aren't cheap!
      Rather than buying OEM .. Ive had them recored by companies before now if the OEM stuff was crazy money
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

paid £280 for the rad as mine had badly plastic repaired lower half so couldnt be recored :/, many thanks for all the help, another issue now though... she turns over really slowly and wont start! have tried new leads to starter, new starter! new battery and all to no avail! with glow plugs out she turns over fast as anything though! with rocker cover off all valves are opening as they should on the arms - any ideas? starting to lose my rag with this bloody thing now!

Comment

bloody breaker was jammed on!

Comment

bloody breaker was jammed on!
            Ah .. the breaker pedal ? .. Ive had various combinations of that old chestnut .. fair gets the head scratching and throws you in the wrong direction .. Good you found it though
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

yeah the breaker pedal lol, i tried everything fair play, eventually i unbolted the pump off the engine and she started fine so was confused to say the least! one to remember!

Comment

eventually i unbolted the pump off the engine and she started fine
                Yeah .. and the stupid thing is .. even though its happened to me loads of times, I usually find Ive started to unbolt something before checking the fookin' pedal

Comment

lmao, why dont people know about this problem! its clearly happened alot! she sounds well happy now though, hmm wonder what'll break next!

Comment

Working...
                  X