No announcement yet.

Ram size vs Pressure and power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably could of gotten a rod made up but it's a bank holiday weekend and I live 40+ miles from Aberdeen where anyone that could do that is and by the time I have got it in and fixed and back again I have lost a weeks work! So it's the lesser of 2 evils!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
      I probably could of gotten a rod made up but it's a bank holiday weekend and I live 40+ miles from Aberdeen where anyone that could do that is and by the time I have got it in and fixed and back again I have lost a weeks work! So it's the lesser of 2 evils!
      Another night owl eh?

Sounds like the piston's come off the end of the rod ......... as in snapped off!!

Know what you mean, but seems a hell of a lot of ££££s for it. Reckon a rod'd have been 'praps £150 max
      Still ......... back in biz, as they say
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
        I will strip the old one some time and show my finding for the class. But all I know is just now I can pull it out no bother so it's fairly snapped inside the cylinder!
        Well ? still waiting ? or did you break your phone too boss ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          Well ? still waiting ? or did you break your phone too boss ?
          I geddit you has one of them JCB phones innit ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

The nephews Jake broke the ram on the q hitch, same thing pulled the piston off the rod. We tried everything before finally opening the ram...... Was convinced it was the spool valve, then the electrics
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
              The nephews Jake broke the ram on the q hitch, same thing pulled the piston off the rod. We tried everything before finally opening the ram...... Was convinced it was the spool valve, then the electrics
              HTF did it pull the piston off or was he against the safety and forgot?
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Broke the end of the ram leting the piston float i beleive .

Comment

loading rip rock and went to change the bucket nought.......
                  A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Working...
                  X