Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3538990919293949596979899100101102103
Results 1,021 to 1,023 of 1023

Thread: Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    OK .... almost up to date ...... as promised ... a few pix of the wiring ....

will do for now to run a few things ....

Spent a few hours friday having a bit of a square up..

need to have her level .... in all directions

If only to get the oil level right in the sump !!

actually had a little bit of help too ..... as she was out there!!

note the steel toecap sandals !!!! ..... just kept her out the way 'til it was on the deck ....

she loved the ease of the bag lifter ....

all cleared up

apparently Clara and her mum & dad are in need of some too !!

so much for filling the last/third box from Alex .......... but I do have a bit of oak in reserve !!

delivered yesterday afternoon, after Clara'd left us, headed for a friends third B/day party with mummy !!

Damn, that trailer needs a wash off and a coat of paint !!!!!

we seem to be attracting a surfeit of wild life ATM !!

next door's chickens (not numpty's-t'other neighbours) are regular visitors

this is Ber rrrrrrrt, the pheasant and 'Cat-Flap squirrel' ... arguing over Ber rrrrrrt's brekky

Ber rrrrrrt not happy and Cat-Flap left him well alone, sneaking the odd piece when he wasn't looking ..... which surprised me!!

Cat-Flap - you can guess how he got his name - is also very partial to Pam's strawberries, which are all ripening nicely, in one of her veggie growing boxes.
    She is going to need an armoured cover next year to keep Cat-Flap AND his mates out of there!!!!!

they've snaffled their fair share, to date !!!

Ber rrrrrrt is a bit of a waif and stray ... been here for months .... I don't think he can fly ... never seen him airborne!!

Cat-Flap and his mates are just a PITA ...... seem to be a hell of a lot of squirrels about this year ..... trouble is, the older you get the more benevolent one becomes towards the wildlife .... flies, wappys and hornets are fair game ... everything gets left to their own devices ... as long as they'm not in the strawberry beds
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMawson View Post
    Why are you strimming that verge? I thought that you had the flail head now mountable on the Drema ?
    I have Andrew ...... but ..... it's a bit wide for some of it .... the bloody bank has become convex and 'infested' with ant hills/tussocks ..... and when she gets it into her head she's gonna strim it .... it really ain't worth the argument
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

been looking for a new belt grinder for months .... single phase are few and far between, but with the advent of 3ph .. options have broadened had a couple of Grimax ones in the workshop and were used all day, everyday.Selmach (Selkent that was) have stopped doing the Grimax and now do Kepp .. essentially the same Swedish machine and thought I was gonna have to bite the bullet and fork out the 1200 quid plus Vodka for one ..... or buy this one

for 860 ....... when this popped up ..... starting bid of 500 quid

spoke to the guy and he told me it was 2017 ... his dad had bought it for his ali fab workshop and promptly died .. complete, but off the stand for ease of storage and a load of belts with it (I do have a few spares too) deal done for 550 palletised and it should be on its way with Pallex ATM anyone who's never used one ... little vid below
    one of my most missed tools

well it arrived this morning ...... much to my surprise
    tracking said it was still in their Portsmouth hub???

Driver was very lucky to catch us here ....

Pam's B/day today and an easy day, with lunch out was on the cards

so here is where it's stayed all day !!

Told Pam that her daughter was doing her a birthday meal, this evening so ... go easy lunchtime

went to her favorite 'scoffery', which does lots of gluten free choices ...
    including a serious selection of deserts .. GF ones !!
    this was new on the menu

said if she was going to eat that amount of cream .... she might as well get down on the floor and let me give her gall bladder a good kicking now ...
    might not hurt quite so much later ..... ... or at least not appear to !!

and that's not a trick of the camera's lens ..... it was THAT big
    ....... like a rabbit in the headlights

"it's a tough job, but someone had to do it" ..... sure as hell wasn't going to be me .... tha's a Druid goes to hospital jobbie!!

remarkably ..... after yet another meal at 7.30 this evening .... she's fine
    Pam did however admit this evening, that she did not think she was going to see off lunch time's desert !!!!

more on the belt grinder tomorrow ... day to myself .. sort of !!