Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ianoz View Post
    Looks like one very happy Miss 3 on the swing set .
    Last photo , the 'Drema looks like it is parked up in the weeds .LOL

Aye, she had a great weekend Ian ..... changed the seating arrangements back to std, so she has a choice of seats, as we'll not see the little one 'til Christmas now

WP_20181125_14_08_31_Pro.jpg

that's the 'Drema in Sweden .... had a huge batch of pix arrive Sunday .... it may be staying where it is , unless the seller drops the price, to reflect what needs addressing with it.
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• well after an extensive questioning of the seller and a comprehensive set of pix getting poured over ... yon 'Drema got discounted ... stood too long and too much required to get it back up to a usable/serviceable condition ..... so the second choice option got explored a bit further

a deal struck and it will hopefully land in the UK just before or just after Crimbo

8 years younger .... bit bigger in the arse than the 1500, but looks a hell of a nice tool

can't wait to go take a look at her

If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• ain't had a lot to say lately ... been too piggin' wet to do a lot ...... at some point it must've been dry enough for the odd hour to drill this ....

.... lump of oak for a mantle shelf for the step-daughter's house ..... had to be perfectly square ....

and a dead 12mm hole for these ......

interesting fitting .... with an offset for leveling up with ... assuming one gets the holes in the wall on centres and square too .... I did, but not before finding a lump of steel right where the one had to go, about 50mm into the masonry .... took some getting through with a 10mm .... was 12mm thick !! f**k knows what it was doing in there

anyway .... yon mantle is gonna need a 'kin big crow bar to get it back off the wall .... forgot a pic

we did get two whole hours rain free, yesterday morning and as everything is absolutely saturated, thought it'd be a fair use of the time to run the roller over the patch as it's all had such a wetting ..... managed to get over damned near everything accessible, 'fore it pee-ed down again and it went down pretty well - yet again

got the odd small puddle in a few depressions, beside the 'Drema (that you can't see there) but on the whole it ain't bad and drains really well.
        can see the water from the perimeter channel literally running into the far end of the main centre drain and disappearing nicely.
        more black stuff and a load of clean 40mm required in the new year ... get the channels filled and topped up to a level and then black up to the finish level. Gonna have to re-locate a load of stuff out the way (somewhere???) to get that far end all sorted to one finished level

Also need to find a home for those two bloody rocks

these two have become total carpet potatoes - aside from the odd two minute scurry outside, they're perfectly content to chill and let it rain

don't think they'll be suffering cabin fever anytime soon

when it's not been peeing down .... we've had the odd 'good frost'

..... but followed a few hours later by yet more wet stuff ... very strange weather .... blowing like hell tonight, but dry for a change and very mild ... wouldn't believe it was the shortest day today, by the temperature tonight

at least the remnants of this lot have all disappeared elsewhere ... but not before I'd picked up a fair few of them

hopefully that's the lot for this season !!

Comment

• so......the boss has had a change of plans .. again!! ...... therefore so have I

apparently it's going to be much more conducive to site me new shed where me boxes are !!..... and'll give me an enclosed (out of sight) 'yard' behind it, up where everything is sat currently ....... aside from the logistical dilemma of shifting three loaded boxes to a new location, off to the one side, where the rock got dug out, it does make a lot of sense. (I've had the conversation with me crane man a while back, when she first started muttering about it)

aiming for a 40'W x 45'L building so essentially a similar foot print to that already occupied by me boxes, but wider and slightly longer, with the solid pine end facing the house and the 'open'/door end facing the 'yard' / N. East, which'll keep 95% of the weather off the 'open' end, much as the box doors are currently ... and'll allow for 'expansion' (another bay - or two ) at a later date if required

bit of a rough aerial view and lay out below for yers

that's why that end of the patch is getting a concerted effort at creating a 'good' hardstand area

obviously all very approximate !!

boxes are gonna have to remain, until said shed is able to accommodate their contents

She'd got me pondering it a couple of mornings ago, so, as it'd actually not rained in several hours and had been blowing a hooley, Saturday, the ground was pretty dry, got the tape out and had a bit of a suss of this and a few other possible options ? ..... [hopefully you can see the marks ?] .... and make a bit of sense from the above.... really need to borrow a drone for half an hour ..... one going cheap up Gatwick way --- apparently !!

need to get up in the air a bit really

thought it was gonna be a 'net-less Crimbo for me monday morning ... turned old faithful off sunday night and unplugged it to clear the RAM .....It did not wanna turn on / reboot next morning
          dismantled it from it's hidey hole under me desk .... de-paneled it ... gave it some compressed air - outside I may add, having just hoovered the house, that morning ...... and having had a damned good look at its onny/offy thingy, decided that was the fault.
          So left the front fascia off, so's I can get at said button directly .....

gave the Dyson its monthly blast out, whilst I had the compressor full of air, then re-installed the ol' girl in spot, beside me leg ..... powered up and pressed go .... hey presto I was back !! ..... anxious moment though ....

dread doing the upgrade thingy, as a lot of you will already know !!

Comment

• New year greetings from Druid central .... not had a great deal to say of late here ... it's come and gone .. weather's been kind AND dry .
            Got me MRI results Christmas eve on me shoulder .... torn ligaments and tendons ... dunno how? .... but bloody uncomfortable and been trying to rest it as much as possible [which apparently is 'the thing to do'], but trying to explain to Clara why 'grand dad' ain't keen on picking her up is 'uphill'

Ran the genny up one day in the week, for a good hour, to give it a charge and warm it up ..... put a few of Pam's swallows over the belt grinder whilst it was running .... only another 15 to go

kept an eye on the gauges as it was running .... and about half an hour in, the oil pressure started floating about, from it's normal 50-ish PSI all the way up to here

floating mostly around this ....

and back to 50 ???? ... spoke with Serge, me genny mate and he confirmed my thoughts ... faulty sender....'sbeen fine 'til now and might also account for the issues I had with it a few months ago.
            He turned up Saturday morning with a new one to try, minutes before Simon [the guy Mog bought the urban artic off a while ago] did ... with Alex hot on his heels .... bit of a gathering ... don't see anyone for ages then three turn up

after a spot of coffee / tea quaffing, we adjourned to the patch and the genny in particular .... Alex measured up his riddler, whilst Serge and I fannied about with yon sender ... after two failed 'new one' fits, we stuck the old one back in and it performed fine .... so left it run to warm up, whilst Alex demo-ed his new drone to us all .......
            VERY impressive ---
            on all counts .. amazing control on it, steady as a rock and fabulous pix ....
            so courtesy of Alex, I can give you a few better pix than posted (courtesy of Bing),a while back .....

Alex also came up with a very interesting suggestion yesterday evening, after I'd had these arrive in my inbox ..... have a chat with the guys who own the fields around us and see if they'd be up for a bit of a boundary straighten up session .... summat like this

red line is the toe of the batter ... yellow the top .... would make a hell of a difference to me patch AND shed location ... only a quick approximation last night, but does give me an interesting possibility ... that hedge line is well past its sell by ... nice new fence and hedge line for them and a 'bit of a sweetener' ..... that area is unusable currently anyway .... just scrub

I need to be having a conversation ... soon

as for the genny and its oil gauge .. ran sweet as a nut and steady as a rock at 50-ish PSI for a good two hours ... go figure ???

anyone recognise yon sender ??? .... would like to track down a spare ..... as it won't start with a faulty unit and can guarantee, if sod has anything to do with it, it'll fail when I most want to use it

It's an Iveco ... triple lunger ..... can't see any signs of it being adjustable and it's a sender unit driving the pressure gauge .... I don't have a low pressure oil light at all, but the beast'll shut down with a low pressure scenario
            I'd guess at a VDO unit
            will have to have a search on't 'net

It ran fine for two hours though Saturday, rock steady at 50 PSI ? ODD !!

Comment

• A n other Q. ...... anyone suggest a source for a replacement coil for a 6 x 2 diverter valve I have ... currently has a 12V one and want a 24V?

sod's law, as usual .... got quite a few different coils, but bugger all that matches, dimensionally

19mm / 3/4" bore - 57mm / 2.25" length - 46mm OD ...... It's an Italian valve ... will have a look for the name on it ... did post it here some time ago

Got a lil' project that I need it for and seems a bit daft to fork out 100+ quid for a new 6 x 2, if I I can get a suitable coil for this one ..... not been able to come up with anything from Google as yet .... The guys in Raglan'd probably be able to source me one perhaps .... did well on new coils for the Rexroth solenoid Valves on't 'Drema a few months back
              Bits for this lil' project, should start arriving shortly

like this yesterday morning

watch this space as they say

will almost certainly be seeing one of the guys who owns the boundary line shortly, as some bastard broke into their barn last night ..... and nicked the girl who rents it's horse box.
              didn't get far though !!!!! ... yon 'donkey box' was awaiting some attention to the brakes and the nearside wheels were locked on .... can see the wheel marks all the way up the drive ....

on a rim by this point BTLs

... the muppets managed to drag it another two miles, before, I'd guess, the tyres let go, going down a 'proper hill' ..
              I'd surmise the tail started wagging the dog, dog dived into the verge and hedge, rolled and yon box detached itself, passed 'em and came to a halt facing the way it'd come from LOL ....upright !!
              I assume the low life scroats must've then torched the Freelander, lying on its side and buggered off ... hedge is well ****ed !!!!!!!

FB reported sighting at around seven this morning of said truck burnt to a crisp, Pam passed it about 09.00, broadside in the road, with the 'donkey box' parked neatly in front of it, facing the wrong way and by the time she returned at 10.30 plod had arrived and it was being removed.....Must've burnt out of its own accord, 'cos the brigade hadn't been out to it.

when she returned home and told me about it, I'd looked up the drive to see the box, usually beside the barn, gone and rang the girl who's box it is, to see if she was OK, thinking it might've been her four by on its side .... she was fine ... apart from being one box short ... and so the day has proceeded from there .....

been to MOT the P38 lunchtime, so not been 'involved' any further 'til I got back and we found a gert hole in't back of the barn wall, but sod all missing .... as far as the box's owner could tell, amongst the carnage that passes for her collection of horsey tack

Only disappointment really was no toasted scroats in the Freelander ...... at least the girl'll get her box back ...... eventually, when plod has finished with it!!

Comment

• hey I have a jcb 3cx white cab any body know where to purchase a left front hub assy

QUOTE]
                hey I have a jcb 3cx white cab any body know where to purchase a left front hub assy

Comment

• Originally posted by jetwarbird View Post
                  QUOTE]
                  hey I have a jcb 3cx white cab any body know where to purchase a left front hub assy
                  ?????? black or grey cab ..... white cab is a new one on me ?

Ken Barber, the Pluds, Whitebrook ... https://ksbarberplant.co.uk/ breaks Jakes

what year is it and 2 or 4 wheel drive ???

And welcome to the P&C Boyo

Comment

• its a 4 wheel drive and 1989 project 7

its a 4 wheel drive and 1989 project 7

Comment

• not a lot done of late ...

MOT man gave the P38 a new ticket .... but wanted me to change the rubber boots on the front swivels, which're admittedly, a tad the worse for age, as an advisory .... joints were fine, but ........
                      If I'm gonna have to split them to do said boots, they'm getting new joints too damned near as much work anyway ... so they arrived last week ...

job for a nice, dry .... much warmer day, ... or two, perhaps

I may also owe ppl, who've suffered the shit weather last week, an apology ... 's Pam's fault it rained after nigh on 10 relatively dry days, to start the year with.

got seconded (read - press ganged) into the best part of the day down at Pam's daughter's Friday, 'fore last, dismantling and removing her 'Princess bed ', that I'd made for her, maybe 18+ years ago ...

this, combined with a couple of hours atop a double ladder, clearing the moss off of her roof, did my iffy shoulder the power of good ...... NOT

The hour plus I spent at the local tip after, trying to donate them said mattress and a.n.other single one, plus misc. crap and a dead fridge did not help my health and temper either.

They keep changing the bloody goal posts .....not so long ago one had to get a permit to take any trailer bigger than six foot long down there .... I don't possess one ..... then they announced in the local rag that they'd scrapped the size restrictions altogether .... get there and bugger me, if they hadn't re-intro-ed the six foot ruling ...... .... we had 'words' ..... followed by more, on't phone to the local council offices, about their lack of continuity with their regime and which side of their gates would they like me to park these bloody mattresses, etc.

suffice to say, I left there without them ....... between me and Pam's daughter, we pay well over four grand a year in council tax ... think we've paid enough, for the odd tip run

Not feeling great the following day, but had Pam mythering to get her gates out, so's she could give 'em a coat of paint ..... despite warnings from me about the weather .... but I gave up arguing

well it stayed dry, long enough for the paint to dry, anyway, just .... on the one side she'd gotten done ...... so, as said, it's her fault it's pissed down all this last week ....... even snowed like hell here Sunday .... thought we were in for a good dump ... but then it got rained on and rained on and rained on .... you get the picture ..... forecast says dry tomorrow ...... we'll see

Comment

• came down yesterday morning to seven of these lil' bar stewards ... on the lawn

bugger me if there wasn't eight of the damned things this morning, after herding them back into their field, yesterday

If they're there tomorrow, the bander comes out and I'll band 'em up in bundles of four .... and see how agile the lil' feckers are banded together

Comment

• What bar stewards??????????????
                          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Nine of the bloody things Friday morning ...
                            the owner's wife was around on their gater Friday lunchtime and I asked her if they could sort the fence line where they were getting out through the woods.
                            We had more heated 'words ', after her response was .... "Not my problem - you've got gates ... shut 'em" cheeky mare!!
                            After pointing out that it was their responsibility to maintain stock proof fencing, to keep the ****ing things in and that I'd be having words with the guys they rent the grass keep off, her hubby was here early yesterday fixing said fence lines ... no sheep today
                            her hubby an' I get on fine ... was not expecting her attitude though

Comment

• You chould report the trespass to the council have the bar stewards incarcerated ..........................
                              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
                                You chould report the trespass to the council have the bar stewards incarcerated ..........................
                                LOL .... not really the way to get on with yer neighbours though Boyo
                                if I get any more 'attitude' from his missus, she'll get better than given though

took the little un down to nursery for nine this morning and bumped into the sheeps' owner in the village .... thanked him for sorting the fence line and said I was pleased to report no more Houdinis, so far.
                                got back home and **** me .... three of the buggers on the lawn!!!

'Fore Pam and I can get our wellies on to herd 'em back in to their field, through the gate on the side of our drive, I can hear this odd noise and look out to see 'em charging up the drive past the back door of the house ..... Look out the french windows onto the patio / lawn and there's Mrs Weird, from next door, at our fence line yelling and clapping at these three sheep - in our garden ... had 'em real spooked ...... she really isn't a full picnic
                                I'll ****ing spook her, if I catch her doin' it again ....... they're all in lamb

.... POP to get them sheep back in, off our drive, if they're simply walked back.
                                Dunno WTF they ended up, this morning, but were back again by lunchtime, after I'd picked Clara up at 12.00.
                                Granny and her walked 'em back up the drive to me, at the waiting open gate and in they went, sweet as

Comment

Working...
                                X