Thread: Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Quantity Surveyor on the up v8druid's Avatar
    Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    Quote Originally Posted by ianoz View Post
    I would say the seals in the slew ram are leaking and filling slew pinion area and then it is coming out the vent .
    Was operating a mates 1CX for him ,in the middle of nowhere Last job on the list ,Needed to clean out the inlet and outlets of a pipe under the road so we could clean the pipe out . Contractors we were on hire to were on rostered weekend off , and had forgotten to do the job . So with trusty 300mm teaspoon bucket set about trying to expose the end of the pipe . Got about 6 buckfulls out when the plastic cap on the vent went flying ,followed by a steam of hydraulic oil . Got off and checked hoses , nope all ok . pulled the slew lever and a fountain of oil came out the vent hole .
    Load it all up and back 500 Ks to civilisation .
    Aye, 'twere my thoughts too Ian ..... not as bad as yours by the sound of it .... might just be a bit by-passing, as she not been used in a while ....
    really need to drop out what is in there and refill it with the 'prescribed amount of hypoid' .... whatever that may be and 'dip it'. Then see what it's like after a bit of use.

I certainly don't want any more hydraulic fountains this year ... the 'Drema's burst was bad enough!!
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
    no further ahead with this one .... between; lack of time and dryness / dry and free time coinciding

Clara was two yesterday ... where's that gone eh ???

got this together for her yesterday .... 'praps our beds'll have an easier time of it now ... she does like to bounce

have to say ... reasonably impressed with the product .. well made and thought out for assembly, though the supplied 'tooling' leaves a lot to be desired ... wrist slittingly bad, in fact ... thank God for me tool box in the back of the car.

I would like to meet the ****ing genius who decided that lacing the safety net to the bed springing was the best method of attaching the bar steward though!!

Took me longer to do that than put the whole damned thing together!!!!

It certainly got ' the seal of approval ' when the little un returned home mid afternoon .... and apparently extracting Clara from it, way after it got dark was quite a task!!

Thought this bugger was coming in for a landing yesterday ... " WTF is that ", thought I, as I ducked, thinking the sky was falling in, just after I'd got started .... any lower and he'd've been hedge cutting !!!

.... he was on his way back up again, by the time I'd got the phone out ... obviously looking for an issue, following cables at zero feet !!!!!
    We get them up with us pretty regularly and pretty low, but you'd have sworn this bloke was coming in to set it down ... in fact I was sure he was !!
    Flying that low you do not hear 'em coming 'til they're on top of you

Today started with an early morning balloon inflating session, with me helium bottle, to get them down the village to Clara's, ready for the arrival of her little mates, for a Saturday morning birthday party .... I escaped that one
    Followed by the adult's version after lunch and some munchies

Pam's son, wife and new baby Shem arrived late last night for the event too and Clara got to meet her new cousin this morning

Wasn't too bad, by all accounts and she did manage to 'involve' him in playing with her 'new' toys ...... 'least her dad did

I think she preferred lavishing her attention on her cakes

whilst granny on the other hand didn't mind which one she had to lavish attention on ... both was even better

think the day has been a bit of a success all round
    Last edited by v8druid; 19-11-2017 at 01:55 AM. Reason: spelling
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

forgot this one .....
    tripped over this jewel of information recently, which I thought some folk might appreciate

ALL the dimensions required for making your own symmetrical (S) type pick up cheeks ... not just pin centres/widths, etc., but the shapes and clearances required too

been looking for this info for aaaages .....

thought it very worth sharing, amongst friends, as some folk seem to getting charged some serious bucks, for what is, after all, a couple of profiles with some pins welded between them

As for plate thicknesses ... use your discretion/subject to application

been looking for the clearance under the pins and the centre void for bloody ages .... I've got some to do for Alex shortly and I've got a brand new Engcon S50 hitch sat myself that might get used for summat at some point

sketch for the profilers ..... L & F dim.s differ, depending on whether they're on a bolt on base plate, or just straight weld ons !! (Need to clear the bolt heads with the QH hook/pins)

you'd be amazed just how much finding that lil' bit of info took ..... no one seems to want to share it

the L & H dimensions are critical for the clearance on the Aux QCs on a tilty .... not enough and they'll foul

this is deffo enough info to get them knocked up locally and avoid getting hammered on costs from 'a supplier', who loves to charge a premium for what is, as said, essentially a couple of profiles held in place by a couple of EN8 or EN10 BDMS pins .....
    " but they're S type pick ups sir .. very expensive items " yeh right!!

symetrical Quick-Couplers-for-Excavators.pdf

Granny ... the cat with the cream there .. lovely pics with the family .. my two young uns just flown the coop .... miss em already mind you .. were are couple of shits at times as teen agers
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help lots of others, which is why we exist

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Granny ... the cat with the cream there .. lovely pics with the family .. my two young uns just flown the coop .... miss em already mind you .. were are couple of shits at times as teen agers
    LOL Muz ..... TBF Pam's kids were pretty good as teenagers .... I was around to see both of them grow through their teens and gotta say .... they were alright.

It's nice to have Josh and his family home for a few days and we do miss them when they're not .... but hell it's peaceful when they depart after a hectic weekend .............. and we can always hide from Vicki who's only 2 miles away

Here's a real cuteness factor pic for you tonight ......

The birthday girl and her new little 7 week old cuz ... Getting to know each other
    Fair play to Clara she was very good with young Shem

OMG !!

didn't realise it was so long since I've been in here
    I got some serious catching up to do ........ everywhere
    could be some sort of mission

here's a starter for ten for you .... got so much I am gonna have to put a date/time stamp on some of this

next best date after the last entry prebious is the 23rd Nov., '17 ....

wild windy night .... south westerly hooly ........ mower tyres had to have it

me burning drum was glowing cherry red

apologies for the image quality ... best me phone could manage in the pitch black

found these on ebay that night to

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24v-Diese...cAAOSw2hNZp~sc

for 45 quid one had to be had ... then realised I'd misread the description and was collection only ... Bugger.

Quick booking with UPS and a tenner later, all was resolved. Booked a collection for the following Wednesday, informed the sellers and sent them the shipping label PDF.
    delivery Thursday as planned, 'cos I wasn't gonna be here on that Wednesday.. great!!

Email on the Tuesday evening, to say, it'd been collected and be here in the morning ... FFS !!

Failed miserably to resolve it with the muppet on their chat line, Tuesday evening, so thought..
    **** 'em, they'll have to come back Thursday!!
    Just leaving, on the Wed.s morning, for the day's 'pleasures' ...
    dentist, some new tyres for the car, deliver some stuff for Pam and MOT said Golf, when damn me UPS roll down the drive with this .....

not a mark on the packaging and a day early (even if it did cause more hassle than I really needed) ... they were very lucky it was packed ready to ship though, on the Tuesday.

Having had it all out , I appeared to be missing a pick up/suction hose ..
    fittings were there, just no hose, but TBH, for the bucks I was well happy with having to go pick up a meter of 25mm hose ...
    can't believe I hadn't got anything suitable

this'll save me having to hoik me drums up on the box roof for re-fueling everything and be a lot quicker operation, hopefully

T'was an early merry Crimbo to me ... LOL

they were also doing a drum mounted unit too, which looked an equally good bargain

and does 70ltr/min

Loooks like good value there Druid.......................You should get better pictures of the precious at work...........................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Well Druid .. I was missing your fantastic updates here ... saw you sowing some seed on that evil Facebook 'old girls' thread .. I thought this gentleman, is a family man .. how could he have left us ? and we felt abandoned .. undernourished .. bereft good to see you back
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help lots of others, which is why we exist

Quote Originally Posted by Stock View Post
    Loooks like good value there Druid.......................You should get better pictures of the precious at work...........................
    Aye my thoughts exactly Boyo kin cheap works well to ... used it the other day -- well speedy
    ................ blame the fone for the pix not the greatest at low light shots

Page 88 of 112 FirstFirst ... 387475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast