Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the noise is the rain on the roof of me 40 footer

' reckon 10-15 seconds out in that would've soaked you to the skin .... doesn't really do it justice
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RedLiner View Post
      Go on then, I've got a lot of time for your stories
      I acquired that anvil on the same day as I bought this and from the same place and seller ......

1936 Ransome MG2 garden tractor

the rest of the story will have to wait until a bit earlier in the evening ... it'll be a lot of typing

WP_20170102_13_24_58_Pro.jpg
      Last edited by v8druid; 10-09-2017, 12:04 AM.
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• That's a nice looking "restored" Ransome garden tractor.
        I had a much later 60s-70s PIVA model. This had a dual fuel tank for two stroke petrol and paraffin. It would start on the two stroke mix then when it got warmed up the fuel cock would be moved over and it would then run perfectly happily for hours on paraffin.
        One of those things that I really regret, I had a clear out and dumped it

I wish we were neighbours, I would want to borrow your roller.
        I've just dug into a bank with my 3CX and created an area with the spoil that I want to grass over. I've just about broken my back raking it over by hand and it would be nice to roll it over once it's seeded with grass.
        No trees were harmed creating this message, however some electrons were very inconvenienced.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedLiner View Post
          That's a nice looking "restored" Ransome garden tractor.
          I had a much later 60s-70s PIVA model. This had a dual fuel tank for two stroke petrol and paraffin. It would start on the two stroke mix then when it got warmed up the fuel cock would be moved over and it would then run perfectly happily for hours on paraffin.
          One of those things that I really regret, I had a clear out and dumped it

I wish we were neighbours, I would want to borrow your roller.
          I've just dug into a bank with my 3CX and created an area with the spoil that I want to grass over. I've just about broken my back raking it over by hand and it would be nice to roll it over once it's seeded with grass.

LOL

An' now to spoil yer night ... again .... that MG2 has not been touched; it's original as far as I know

I've had it since the mid/late 80s .... previous owner had it in dry storage 30 odd years, so that's 60 years accounted for ..... only 21 of it's early life to account for and doubt it got much attention in them, other than to be used

as for regrets ..... I've a good 200+ tonnes of them, from clearing my workshop out ...... plus whatever else went before in the way of wish I hadn't,s

Comment

• well the weather ain't been too helpful of late and we've had yet more epic downpours, almost every other day ...... ground just about dries and it empties down again !!!!

However ......... between the deluges, I've made a bit of progress !!

resorted to a much steadier method of holding me staff, to get some levels .. fed up of waiting for some assistance ... slow but easier; me spare tripod !!

Ended up with a damned good idea of what was needed where ... all I wanted was a bit of dryness for a while

bottomed out the drainage channel where required and dropped a load of clean 40mm in around the batter base

and with an idea of what was required to get it all up to datum (base level for me box bases) ... set about doing it

next I had to move the pile of steel bits 'n bobs sat in the middle of everything

bloody heavier than it looked !!!!!

then it was time to rip a channel through the rock bed to connect up with the main centre channel already down ....

took some ripping out that did ... the Bofors teeth in that 3 footer got a bit of exercise !!

dropped some 40mm clean into it ......

terram-ed it over and covered it up .....

and got shot of all the rubble that came out of the channel, into the dumper and up onto the neighbour's turning area .. rest had gone down nice and hard

then it was time to work me way back, building up the level as I came

shifted jake out the way and kept on coming ..

As usual .... had some help .......

and got as far as the benches ...

me roller has continued to give me grief .... works fine for 20 min.s and fades away ... had to be a fuel issue, but was damned if I could see what !!!!

eventually sussed that this lil' sod lived in the tank, on the the outlet .... never been low enough in there to see it before !!

totally sodden filter paper, so gutted it and replaced with some fine foam for now, 'til i get a new one.

Worked a treat today and been thumping it down like a good 'un.

Not a lot left in the heaps ...

enough to finish off where the benches are, when I shift 'em and enough 40mm to get all the levels back to where they should be.

Ain't looking too bad, I think .......

shift the benches next ..... again!! ..... and finish off where they're sat, then move some of the stuff from the upper level down onto the new space.

Hopefully we might get the promised dryer October and shift what the stuff is currently sat on ....... and maybe a tree !!

Gonna need some more planings ....... and 40mm !!

as usual, there are loads more pix in me bucket, for those who might be interested ........ although not using it ATM for links, I do keep it up to date ... have also found a way to negate a lot of the problems I was having with it too

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/v8...?sort=3&page=1

Attached Thumbnails
            Attached Files

Comment

• well the benches had to have it again Friday morning .....

and got 'em stacked again...

to clear the patch for some more planings, where they'd been stood ...

before giving 'em a good roll down ...

only just managed to get it done, before yon roller decided to give me grief ... again.
              Bloody drive belt to the vibe has decided it's had enough and is continually jumping off .... TBF it's a tad on the tired side and is deserving of getting pensioned off ....
              new one ordered, should see an even more dramatic performance from the old girl ..

looking pretty fair ....

odd little niggly bit in need of a bit of fines, here and there ..... which is annoying .... but on the whole ... it'll do for purpose

leathering it down here tonight, so will be just ready for another good vibe down tomorrow ..... once I get a new belt fitted. Picked it up this afternoon ... not sure it's what I ordered, looking at the numbers on it, I reckon it's 50mm short ... we'll see in the morning.

give it all another going over, if the belt fits, then I can see about filling it all up ....gulp, with the stuff on top, that needs to come down, to make any more progress !!

here's hoping for a dryer October !!!

WP_20170922_15_40_35_Pro.jpgWP_20170922_13_30_00_Pro.jpgWP_20170922_13_20_51_Pro.jpgWP_20170922_13_16_31_Pro.jpgWP_20170922_16_57_36_Pro.jpgWP_20170922_16_57_41_Pro.jpgWP_20170922_16_59_20_Pro.jpgWP_20170922_17_02_14_Pro.jpg

Comment

• You and your Bally road planings .... Rub it in why don't you !

can't get them for love nor money round here. Conways are buying them all up and recycling them into black top presumably by reheating and adding a bit more tar.

I only need need an eight wheeler load, you'd think I was asking for the Crown Jewels.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                  You and your Bally road planings .... Rub it in why don't you !

can't get them for love nor money round here. Conways are buying them all up and recycling them into black top presumably by reheating and adding a bit more tar.

I only need need an eight wheeler load, you'd think I was asking for the Crown Jewels.
                  That's a great 'olde English' word ..... haven't seen or heard it used in a loooong time

Sorry to pour salt on the wounds Boyo .... had to wait weeks for these. The guys I had 'em from stockpile 'em ... when they can

I'd better order another 20t ... might see 'em by the time I'm ready for some more ...
                  got maybe 1-2t left from the 40t that arrived and they'll be gone, soon as I can vibe this lot down some more and sort any low spots.
                  Trouble with doing it piece-meal .. always end up with bits that need topping up .

Be nice to put 20t of dust over it all after and bang that down for a surface, but it isn't bad as it is, where it's got plenty of fines. wasn't too bad a lot really .... have had worse ... a LOT worse.

Know what you mean about getting re-cycled though ..... happening a lot here too

Comment

• it's been a very long 36 or so hours !!

Out with the boss in Hereford yesterday, in M&S's fitting rooms when her phone rings ... I answer it, as it's her son and I've got her bag round me neck .... "the baby's .... click" arghFFS !!

all thoughts of the clothes she's looking at vanish as she frantically tries to call him back .... NADA!!

it rings again ...... " the baby's here .... click"

so Pam dashes off outside for some better service leaving me holding the small pile of 'prospects', chatting to the very pleasant assistant, who had sort of gathered what the fuss was about.

10 minutes later, she's back ... another 5 and me wallet's lightened a bit and the shopping expedition is the last thing on her mind !!

Home ... grab some 'easygrub' on the way ... she wants to get back to see the pix she's been sent !!

Damn me, we'd barely gotten through the door; phone rings again, the little un's not well and they're being transferred on a blues and twos ride to the Royal Bristol Children's Hospital ..... least he is, Josh and his wife who'd given birth at 4 a.m. -- a tough one too -- were having to drive up behind the nee na.

Was a very long evening and night .... we could've been there in 45 minutes, but no .. wait and see what was what.

Pam was climbing the walls !!

Anyway, by midnight the Consultant and his team had got the situation in hand and were happy the little fella was stable; not as bad as first thought by the team in Plymouth's hospital and would hopefully not need the surgery they first thought was going to be required.

See how things are in the morning .. well was a long night ...

Call this morning .... come over whenever you like, ideally later today, 'bout lunchtime'd be ideal .... should all be calmed down a bit by then.

Now I spent 3 years in Bristol when I was doing my teacher training, back in the day, half an' a bit lifetimes ago, so know it pretty well .....
                    she still didn't believe that I knew exactly where I was going ...
                    'til we were parked in St Michael's Hospital car park, behind the B.R.I. and B.R.C.H., a quick walk to the entrance where we had to be.
                    Door to door - no dramas!!

five minutes later Granny was cooing over the latest addition ... Baby Podge, as he's been 'affectionately known' for the last nine months ....

.... got as much plumbing and wiring as me VA-r ..... for now !!

but he's looking pretty good ...

8 lbs 4 oz .... his mum is a size 6 !!!! ... was a pretty traumatic jobby apparently.
                    she'd been getting ready to go to work Wednesday morning, (she teaches) and's steadfastly refused to not work, when she thought Hmmm ... might just be the day .... supposedly two weeks early ..... I'd say he was well ready myself, but hung in there 'til 4 a.m. the next morning!!

I couldn't believe how well she looked, after all she's been through this last couple of days ... a tough little nut, fair play ...
                    she'd even driven some of the way from Plymouth to Bristol, as they were both exhausted after the best part of 48hrs without any kip and had to keep swapping over.
                    RESPECT!!

Oh to be young again !!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Congratulations Grandad 😀

Comment

• Sincerest congrats to all concerned....................................
                        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Welcome to the new duck op .Congratulations to all .

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                            Congratulations Grandad 😀
                            Originally posted by Stock View Post
                            Sincerest congrats to all concerned....................................
                            Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                            Welcome to the new duck op .Congratulations to all .
                            Thank you guys .....

tel con. this afternoon ... said that the anticipated op. they thought he was going to need is not going to be necessary and he's been allowed to have a feed for the first time, instead of relying on his IV drip

hell it's been a long couple of days ... might get some sleep tonight

Could well be transferred back to Plymouth tomorrow, which'll be easier on mum and dad ...... bit more of a trek for us though

Comment

• everyone eventually ended up back in Plymouth's hospital; Podge in special care unit for a couple more days and then everyone could go home

At least they were only a mile or two from their home and could have access to a level of normality ........ and clean clothes, etc. Didn't pack for the both of 'em to be away for days!!

he eventually got 'let out' on the Sunday

we were eventually informed that he was going to be called Shem .... Noah's eldest son I believe and all has been going well since.

Josh and his wife have had a few weeks 'practice' now and are both knackered we're due a trip down there soon .... apparently, so I'm informed

before all that started, I'd spent some of the previous day relocating me benches, yet again ....

.... ready to shift everything else about

WP_20170927_13_23_10_Pro.jpgWP_20170927_13_23_19_Pro.jpgWP_20170927_14_06_37_Pro.jpgWP_20170927_14_24_39_Pro.jpg
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Then got Jake and the Thwaites nestled back into their new parking spots .... Clara had to check it all out, when she was up ......

.. along with some of the latest mole hills .....

I reckon they've invested in a TBM, judging by the size of the mounds they're currently ejecting .... that or they've bought a job lot of steroids!!!!

Iwas hoping that all the grass got massacred for the last time this season on Wednesday .. a fortnight ago .... but I'm not holding my breath on that one - especially with all the bloody rain and the odd sunny day of late!! it had been over two weeks since it was last dry enough to cut it and there was some sort of collection for the compost boxes!!! Looking like it's gonna need it again shortly ... if it ever dries enough again currently

Started the day yesterday, full of good intentions to get such a lot done ........ again, getting on for two weeks ago

Got the humperdumper relocated, beside the Thwaites and had started on the rest of the gear in that area, when the 'visitors' arrived .... several hours later, I got the rest of it shifted about .....

..... leaving this empty space, that's not seen the light of day in a while ...

I'd intended to have had a lot of the top 'stuff' down that day too, but .... !!

Ditto the following morning, until we got the request to have Clara again for the day ... unplanned visit ... what can you do ?

Sunday was looking like it may have be a little noisier than usual ... had been nice and dry here for a few days and was set to be like it for a few days too, with a pretty fair forecast for a yet more days after - unusual eh .

Needs must !!

Got all the oak that'd been drying for 12 months stuffed into the wood shed .....

..... baskets emptied ready for the next batch ...

with the weather dry the rest of it got some attention too ......

trying to get it all sat in one spot, instead of spread about all over the place .....then the top level got 'attended to'

getting there quietly

WP_20171003_09_26_03_Pro.jpgWP_20171003_09_32_40_Pro.jpgWP_20171003_12_07_27_Pro.jpg WP_20171007_16_05_20_Pro.jpgWP_20171007_16_05_34_Pro.jpgWP_20171007_16_05_11_Pro.jpgWP_20171008_17_53_51_Pro.jpgWP_20171008_17_54_07_Pro.jpg WP_20171009_16_40_03_Pro.jpgWP_20171009_15_59_34_Pro.jpgWP_20171009_14_57_38_Pro.jpgWP_20171009_14_57_32_Pro.jpgWP_20171009_14_31_08_Pro.jpgWP_20171009_14_25_58_Pro.jpgWP_20171009_14_24_29_Pro.jpgWP_20171009_18_27_02_Pro.jpg WP_20171009_18_28_47_Pro.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X