No announcement yet.

Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahh ok I thought it was a towable but wasn't sure until you had a picture of it all hitched up. I was looking in to a towable machine a few years ago as I saw one on display at my favorite tool and junk store but they wanted a very dear price for it. Go figure as it was made in Quebec but it was only 180 swing as well with hydraulic legs on it, I wanted it as more of a toy than anything else at the time. But saw recently that same company that manufactured it now has a 360 swing towable and a few other models.

http://www.fcm-group.com/en/orbit-1200.php

Comment

• Well looked like summer's buggered off for another year last weekend

this was Sunday morning, after 48 hrs of pissy wet precipitation ........

.......'bout 8" deep at the back where it's a bit low ...... good job it is too or it'd just be a complete lake !!

Gonna take weeks to dry from this and doubt we'll get them .... least not dry ones, anyway

Piddling down Monday on and off all day again ... didn’t dare look .... too depressing and we'd had Clara all day.
      Down at Pam's daughter's place in the village in the evening, having brought the lil' un home to her cot, as 'the kids' had gone to a wedding for the day and the 'net was great there ... but detest Pam's laptop and W7 with a passion.
      Better than now't though!!

Monday was no better than the previous week, as I say. Tuesday was a 04.00 start for me ... don’t often see 4 a.m. these days, unless the body is playing up, giving me a bad night.
      Ferrying Pam’s elderly cousins around to hospital appointments ... 07.00 ones !!!!!
      Lovely day weather-wise ... shot to hell!!!

Rest of the weeks been fiddly/piddly bits, as too wet underfoot to do much ..... then Thursday it lashed it down all night .....

Meet my new lake .....!!!

So spent the day Friday repainting Werngounsel Halt ... the mower shed, as again way too wet underfoot/wheel to do ANYTHING much. Did need doing though .... all done bar the high level stuff .... good old fabricator’s friend gets it on there PDQ.

Got the go ahead from our other neighbours to sort our water storage tanks up at their barn and have a new project to contend with ...... moving them to a new location, as they’re going to extend the barn.......

Will actually make life easier, than sorting the issues where they currently are, so bit of a win/win really ... apart from all the groundworks!!

Although technically it’s their responsibility .... it’s always better to DIY, as at least you know it’ll get done properly!!

Now all I need is a bit of 'dryness' ..... piddling again off and on this morning which was forecast as wall to wall blue sky ..... hence I'm on here !!
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• From this .....

To this .....

In twenty minutes this afternoon ..... Jeez did it ever rain.
        Me an’ the fella next door were like drowned rats ... up clearing the jungle around the tanks.

Yesterday .......

Today .....

Was going to get the ‘Drema in there tomorrow, but might be a tad damp now !!!
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Jeeeeeeeez ..... didn't realise that it's been so long since I put anything in here!!

A lot has happened since my last post and not all good ...... I'll try and get this up to date over the next few days ... or so.
          Just the evenings disappear in a flash!!

so .......
          as you've seen, the end of August was 'damp', but then dried fairly well and I ventured tentatively into where I needed to be .....

to sort out the new 'stand' for our tanks ... well pipe work on the 30th and ventured up into the area to be cleared on the 1st September, very carefully ..... soft but drive-able, with care .

She ran fine all day and worked her almost constantly for 5-6 hrs. Not exactly hard, but probably more than I usually do with her digging/dumper loading, etc..

Anyway, had her out at full stretch emptying a bucketful, went to pick her back in to me and nada!! .... dead on the stick??
          thought I'd moved the left arm and knocked the dead man out ... nope!....... shit !!!

Tried again and very little feel to the stick but it moved/lifted a little ..... slowly.
          VA-r rotated/tilted,,bucket crowded, dipper'd come in, but all didn't seem quite right.

Having been through this lot, went back to the boom and was able to lift it a few feet at a time, before losing lift, each time?

eventually got it back to me, swung around and parked the bucket on the deck, by closing down the VA on the boom, rather than dropping the boom. VA will lift, but similar to main lift ... faded out after a few seconds.

No strange noises but could grab a handful of stick, without getting thrown out the seat?
          Plenty of oil, and no visible leaks .... first thought was pressure relief dumping, but couldn't hear it doing it .....there was no squealing/whatever.

Next thought was pilot circuit? I could also hear something 'click', over my right shoulder/behind me when it lost it?? As in electrical type click ... I thought??

A discussion on pilot circuit filters came back to mind, on t'other and recalled it being said that it can give vague/dead sticks??

Rang Hydrema hoping to speak with Paul Weeks ..... the service manager, who used to service this old girl, (when Derek Bushrod had her) and who seemed to know her intimately, when we last spoke.

Sod's law ... he'd just left for a Hospital appointment .... and would be back in, in the morning. So he was gonna be the first call in the a.m.

This was 3.45 in the afternoon ..... left her cool down for an hour, but not really that hot anyway .... second light out of eight .. IIRC 40C, or could have been 3rd - 50C, so not what you'd call hot ....... Better-ish but still no real feel/power?

The frustrating / annoying bit was instead of being beside me tool box, as usual ... she was parked up beside the drive a quarter of a mile from me tools .

I was going to have a wander back up and give her a try later, but thought I'd leave it 'til I'd spoken with Paul in the morning .
          The other dilemma was if she was 'usable' ... or better than was earlier, was ..... if I tried tp fetch her back down and she gave up the ghost, en route we may have ended up blocked in ....... so a conversation was deffo required.

Also gave Mog a ring as he's pretty knowledgeable and hands on, but it was a new one on him .... he was gonna have a think !!

Did think to give Tim, from t'other a call ....... then realised I didn't have his number in me phone !!

One other thing that had occurred earlier in the day was a strange 'parp'/pharty sort of noise ... only once and brief about 11.30 that morning .....we both heard it (neighbour) ... and I stopped immediately, left her ticking over and jumped down for a walk around and bonnet up .... nothing. thought she'd burst a 1/4 hose, by the sound .... but bugger all to be seen!!
          It wasn't giving any fault and didn't for another 4+ hours???????

She'd been performing well and had had her up on two wheels a few times during the day reaching over the side .... a full 5 ft bucket under the VA-r is a fair bit of weight at full stretch!!! As usual she'd been as sharp as a pin and completely responsive ..... 'til 3.45 !!!!

Comment

• the only way she was coming out of where she was, was under her own steam

bloody frustrating and annoying ... performs faultlessly for months on end ..... take her 'away from home' and damn me, I need me tools.

MRV was my first thought, when she wouldn't pick up the boom, but the sticks just had no, or very little feel to them.....like she'd been switched off. Virtually none of the usual resistance to movement in them, such as pilot resistance is

Comment

• Following morning did not look promising ... very wet Velux in the bathroom first thing ... bugger .... that wetting drizzly rain that soaks you through, but by the time I'd had me brekky, it'd backed off !!

Stuck some tools, bucket, bowl and lots of clean rags in the back of the P38 and rolled off up the drive .... anticipating plenty of to-ing and fro-ing to the tool box !!

Return filter was the first thing on the agenda, but was hoping and expecting to find it clean. Then to see if I could spot the servo circuit RV ..... was guessing (and hoping) its was gonna be on the same small valve block that the servo circuit filter is on under the cab floor.
              The more I thought about it the more it seemed to point to the fact that the main circuits weren't getting the oil as desired, cos the servos just weren't 'talking' to the main block.
              Aside from that one brief 'parpy'/farty noise the previous morning, there'd been no unusual noises ..... and believe me, I have a highly tuned ear, when sat in/working her.

One thing was for sure ..... this was going to be another 'element' of her I was about to become familiar with.

It has to be remembered ..... this really wasn't my field of knowledge !!
              Here was another steeeeep learning curve coming up !!

so......

pulled the top off the return and had a look at the wand .... pretty fair ....

this was what wiped off ....

obviously metallic as was stuck to magnets ...... but significantly ... no large lumps lower down the wand.

...... so got that nice new shiny, clean filter out next .......

... and let it drain out ..

forgot a pic, but you know what it looks like .... seen it before when it went in a while ago ....

eventually got it drained and this is what was in the bottom/pleats .....

a few more bits of the inside of a hose ...... from somewhere on her and a few bits of lacquer !!
              but most importantly .... now't metalic

gave it all a thorough cleaning and dropped it back in !!

next was a dive under the cab and whipped off the cab's belly plates, trying to see/spot any likely candidates for a servo circuit PRV ....... sod all immediately evident, but did locate the servo filter and traced a hell of a lot of all the servo hoses, searching for anything that looked vaguely like an RV ...... NADA ....... or a fault of any description

Did positively identify the servo circuit filter though and whipped the filter out of the servo control valve block.

Was absolutely minging .....

Apologies if some of the pix are a bit .... so so .... oily finger print on the lens.

so 'twas off to the bench and the compressor to give this as good a clean as I could manage

got a set of numbers off it and looked like a Hydrema part no., to order a new one with

looked to be a pressure side filter as opposed to a return and keeps all this crud out of the solenoid valves .... hopefully !!

so ...... replaced the 'relatively cleaner' filter and had yet another look for anything that might be an RV in anything I could see that was on the servo circuit ..... tranny valve block, foot pedals, anything I could associate with the circuit and still found sod all.

I'd been trying to get a hold of Paul Weeks all morning ... to hopefully pick his brains, but after an afternnon out the office, the previous day, he was a 'busy bunny' !!

Eventually spoke with him just before three and although wanting to be helpful .... it's many years since he's seen the ol' girl and he'd never had this issue with her.

How ever ..... as I have the only M1500 in the UK and I'm the only bloke who ever rings up about 'em .... or is ever likely to (Paul's remarks/comments) ...... he was going to send me their copy of the full workshop manual ..... could I send him an email with my addy so he could get it packed and on a carrier that afternoon ..... could I ever ...... straight down the house and required email sent ... after of course the sincerest of huge thank you,s ever .... and a few more in the email !!!!!!!

so hopefully ..... I was going to have a book of words ...... and piccies ..... that would point me in the direction of all said elusive bits, very shortly

I owed the man a large contribution to the Hydrema boy's crimbo party fund and'll see about sorting it out somehow !! Paul is hoping to call by my place next time he's down this way ..... so that'll be an easy way to 'square' that one!!

Comment

• Anyway ...... no metalic crap in the return filter, this little 'un cleaned and no RV valve found ... there didn't seem much else for it, but to run her up and give her a few revs in the hope that summat might shift

Plus I dearly wanted to get her off the soft and out the way of the job, before the next day's forecast deluge ... was still pretty dry and drive-able, at that point.

In between all this I'd had Pam 'bothering me half a dozen times ... she'd decided to come strim the drive verges, close by - very conducive to peace and quiet, to think - then she's out of cord/lost the cord head collet/had to fit a new cord head and now she was in me ear with the buzzy lil' bugger, when I wanted to listen to my baby, from cold. had to ask her to either stop for ten minutes ..... or sod off elsewhere

So wound her over .. first turn and away .... usual hissy noises, clunks, buzzers, pressure indicator light went from red to green, valves under my feet made their usual whirs and clunks and everything seemed 'normal'!!

sticks had their usual 'resistive' feel so ....picked the boom, dipper in/out, bucket crowded, steering worked, she went forwards/backwards, blade worked and axle locks came off

Got the arse end in the air with the boom, dragged all the water pipes under her and repeated the process with the front end, so' I could get her out of where she was sat and back on terra firma.

she came out, but was not right .... drive was fading in/out as was the boom, etc. after a few minutes running !!!!!!!

swapped the bucket for the forks and picked me pallet of buckets up ..... slowly, jerkily and at an 'intermittent pace' ...... to head her home after turning her around ..... I wanted to be facing forwards for any possible eventful run, especially as I had no O/S mirror, having taken it off to get the engine cover up .... strikes the boom unless it's well down and steering her back'ards is exciting enough, when it's all I have to think about ... the rear wheel steer's not a problem, remembering to reverse all steering actions, 'cos right is left, etc. is 'different' !!
                I'm ok after half an hour doing it .... but it does not come naturally straight off yet.

by the time I'd done all this we were up to 30C on the lights and she was not so co-operative, so sat her for an hour to cool a bit.

was also very pleased to find the brakes were performing as they should ...... the first bit of the drive is a good 1 in 5 .... down hill .... she would not have made it if it were up hill, even in crawler

got up our drive, slowly and resorted to crawler for the last 100 yds or so .. drive kept fading out ... stop, go again and it'd fade fairly quickly.

anyway she was sat in her usual spot that night ......

right next to my extensive toy, sorry tool collection, awaiting the arrival of Paul's exceptionally generous gesture. Couldn't see as there was a lot more I could do, until I could positively identify either the servo RV or the main PRV

Dropped the VA-r off, just in case/to prove to myself it had sod all to do with it and I noticed I'd cracked a pin retainer, so that was something else to pull to bits and repair too !!

Plus I was half way (well 90% ) through a mount for the flail, so had plenty to do !!

Had considered hiring in a 3 or 4 tonner from the boys in the village who do plant, for that weekend to get it all finished off ..... neighbour didn't seem keen on having to shell out though!! "plenty of time ... we can wait 'til you've sorted yours"

It'd be ok, if it didn't rain too hard, as I'd filled all the drainage ditches as they needed to be re-routed ... hence even considering hiring a weapon.

Would've be 'kin hard work with jake ... too tight and awkward for a 180

Comment

• well the dryness didn't last long on the Saturday!!!!!

But ........ I might just have found what I was after that day ... Right lil' bar steward ... to find and get at ...... but I reckon this looked like an adjustable PRV to my untrained Druid eyeball !!

Tucked up in the undercab chassis on top of the transmission control valve where that pressure switch let go a few months ago .... fed by a servo line from the servo solenoid valve block, downstream of the servo filter ..... with a pressure test port immediately up stream of it and a tank return adjacent.

T'was hiding up in here

Now ..... next question was ..... did I drop all the hoses off it and the leccy connections and completely remove it to the bench?

then did I take just the PRV out the block?

or

split the block off the main body too, to make sure there's no crap hiding in there too?????

this is as good as access gets with it in situ

click on a pic for a link to the rest of 'em .... there's plenty

Comment

• having spent most of the day Saturday in, on, under, stuck in the ‘Drema’s guts ....

Chasing pipe routes and generally getting very oily, in more ways than one. Valve came off first thing Sunday.... Plantohyd drenching #1 .....
                    Quite a lump in the hand ... wouldn’t want it on yer foot for sure ....

Test ports are Stauf ... M16 x 2mm pitch .... can see why they ain’t cheap.

Took the RV out with out having to disturb the setting on it ... Zeberdee wasn’t particularly loaded and went back in easy enough too ..... interesting valve ..... but sod all to report in the way of crap in there and everything had a bloody good blast out with the air line .... can’t see anything being left in there, ‘less it’s super-glued!!

Re-assembled it and fitted its bracket back on as it was gonna go back in a damned sight easier without its plumbing attached.

Went in very well and re-routed a few pipes and leccy conduit to where it should’ve been in the first place. The pipe feeding it came off and got a good blast out ... clean as a whistle and went back on with t’other two.

The T line was a different story .... Plantohyd drenching #2 !! ..... had to plug it when it came off the valve and getting it back on was .... oily!!

Then spent quite some time trying to fathom out WTF the oil to the Servo solenoid / filter block came from ..... it was tight, cramped and bloody crowded under there ... oh and ‘kin dirty too. There was a line between it and the throttle actuator and then from there to the top of the first pump behind the flywheel, but possibly with the flow in the opposite direction I’d surmised ????

Could not find WTF the lines went from the two timing chest driven pumps and neither could I suss WTF the 3/8” pipe that was also attached to the servo solenoid valve came from .. most of the servo plumbing is ¼” !!

Pic below of the actuator ..... and a few more of it in the bucket....

Complete bitch to get a pic of!!

Took the air filter out and took a load of pix of the pumps for anyone to look at and see what they think.
                    I’m of the opinion that the servo pressure is a reduced feed from the mains ..... but have yet to trace the line to confirm it .... couldn’t wait for the book of words to arrive!!

didn’t run her up that day as by the time I’d got it all back together, eaten and tidied up, ‘twas a bit late and starting to pee down again !!

Clicking on any pic will link to A LOT of pix .... I just did not know WTF I was looking at, never having see a variable / swash pump before .. only pix.

Oh ... I hadn't any idea what the two remote pressure switches were, atop of the motor either ....

looked to me like they'd been relocated from under the one pump, to a place of more convenience and there's been additional tees/plumbing added in where they were for the QH solenoid valve.
                    I guessed the pressure switches were to confirm to the 'Drema's 'brain' that all was performing correctly and were probably responsible for the up to pressure lights on the dash

I was gonna run her up the following morning .... but I was not holding my breath !!

Comment

• this valve i'd had out was the " hand-Brems-Gangschalt-ventil-block " ..... handbrake - gear shift valve block , which had a feed from the servo/pilot Solenoid/filter housing block and contains the RV for the pilot circuit, as far as I could see/tell/make out, to tank.

this one shows, roughly, the plumbing layout ... (from the parts book and lacking quite a lot of info) .... that said lines 18 & 55, (approx centre bottom in pic) are fed by those two timing gear driven pumps .... 18 is the steering and 55 is the brake pedal and tees there, going on to P on that solenoid/filter housing block (108) and from M on it, to P on the valve I had out, with the test point at the HBGV 's P port.

this would suggest that the pump supplying line 18 is the servo pump, as there are no other feeds to the servo solenoid/filter block, that I can physically see, or on this dia.??

But servo is 30 bar and the brake circuit is 54bar????

I'd spent a bit of time searching through the parts books drawings and found this correlation ..... after much studying.

no arrival for book of words on the Monday, but the read rcpt I'd had from Paul at Hydrema, for the email with my postal address said he'd not read it 'til 16.18 so doubted he managed to get it away on the previous Friday.

The boss had had me on other things a lot of the day, but did eventually manage to get her fired up about 4 Monday.

Everything whired, clunked, hissed, etc. as usual, as pressure builds ... lights went to green on the dash for main service pressure (I assumed) and she’d pick up, crowd, dipper moved fine and the VA boom opend / closed ..... but .... dead end a cylinder .. crowd for instance and it’d do so initially .. make the ol’ dead and noises and then drop pressure.
                      Same for all motions .... dead end the dipper at full stretch and it’d dead end and lose pressure. Try again immediately and now’t ... same on ‘em all. Give it a second or two and it’d dead end ‘grunt’ again.

She’d pick herself about 2 ft with everything out at full stretch, quite well .... and then you’d lost it .... leave it a couple of seconds and she’d do another 2 ft before losing lift.

Couldn’t decide whether it was the main losing it or the servo and not operating the service spool????

That RV on the HBGV is right under my feet and would expect to hear that RV dumping ... I couldn’t??? but neither could I hear any signs anywhere of the main circuit’s RV dumping either ???

Had another go at trying to trace some of the plumbing, particularly one of the lines off the one main pump, which has had the QH valve tee-ed into it and found a hose that was obviously not original, way too long and kinked .... in the most inaccessible of places .... eventually managed to haul all the excess pipe out into a more sensible location and get the kink out of it ... but made sod all difference.
                      Did have a test port in it though, at source.

going back to performance ... travel was still fading, but lift off, give it a second and go again and it’d come back for a few seconds, but again dropped away ????

Steering seemed unaffected, but appears to have its own pump anyway. Interestingly slew didn’t appear to be affected either?????

Levers still felt to be going light, but was that loss of servo pressure, or the loss of main valve resistance, when it dumped??? (if that was what was happening).
                      Was very hard to pin it down, but there was good feel to the slew motion, so I was leaning more towards the main RV .
                      Just needed to know the where the lil’ bugger was??

Comment

• Mr Fedex arrived just before 4 on Tuesday afternoon (6-9-16)

Just as I was about to mow the grass .... again !!
                        Spent 1/2 hour rifling through it ....... 'fore mowing the bloody grass.

Couldn't be arsed with the scanner that evening ... so photographed what looked relevant and got it up in the bucket .

Pages 7 to 11 (as per original page no.s) were the ones that clarified a lot of Qs

there were only 50 pages in total ... the sum total, which related to my machine

the two books pictured seem to cover many other aspects of their range of m/cs as well as the 50 pages relating to the M1500B . ... As far as I can establish .... mine is an A ... the Bs have a different dash board with diagnostics in it ........ but hopefully the mechanicals are all pretty similar

click on any pic for a link to all 50 pages

this shows the different locations of these valves on mine, in case it wasn't making sense and the drawings from my Op Man. are viewed from underneath ... NOT above

Didn't get a lot done the following day ........ for myself anyway !!

40 minute discs and pads job turned into a trip to town .... Josh, who was home for a day or two, had picked up bits to fit to his car, in Plymouth and not looked at 'em ...... despite referencing the bits to the reg. no. they still gave him the wrong discs!!

So made the most of it and called in to my local hyd place to see if they had any Stauf to 1/4 BSP couplings .......... nope ..... but they did have .....

Came away a bit lighter in the wallet, but now have the wherewithall to test anything I needed to.

just ordered a 100 bar gauge, to fill the hole, with the usual suspects ..... ​Flowfit !!

"Didn't get a lot done the following day ........ for myself anyway "

Not strictly true ... did get a couple of hours in the morning and managed to pull a few bits and panels off her to try and get a better view of the main valve block .... looking for an RV ..... but be damned if I could see anything that even vaguely resembled one

remade a couple of leccy connections to the sensors 1 & 5 on page 10, which as I said previously have been relocated on wander hoses & leads to the top of the motor ........ would love to know why and what they do ??????

tidied up a bit of routing, etc. and I am considering getting a new LS line made up to replace the one in there that was kinked, is circa 5 feet too bloody long, coiled in the bottom of the bay and looks a bit on the decrepit side/past its best before by date
                        .... never know??

Josh was busy with his sister ton the Thursday, so was hoping to get a bit more time to meself ...... first job in the morning was drop a gauge on that Stauf under the cab door an' see what happened to the servo pressure when the power fades out.
                        If it's constant ..... I was gonna have to find that MRV ..... but God knows where it was ?

Comment

• you got my curiosity raised now Druid,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,........................... .........
                          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• I thought the 100 quid the lil' kit cost me wasn't too bad a price when you weigh up all the bits and bobs price-wise separately .......

plus .... I can add a few adapters to make it even more flexible !!

Anyway ..... it got plumbed in to the servo Stauf under the door Thursday, after I'd put a few bits back in place to run her up.

As per usual, pressure built quiety on start up and watched gauge climb, 'til the dash 'pressure up' light came on and the red went to green .....

let her warm up a bit then dead ended the crowd ram fully closed, as it was already there .... servo pressure didn't move ..... crowd ram had the usual grunt from being dead ended then lost it.
                            go again nothing....... servo pressure didn't waiver ..... 2 seconds and 'go again' .... grunt to lost it .. several times ..... servo pressure constant.

Tried a few of the main motions with the same maneouvre and all performed the same.

Then .... although i don't like to ... dead ended the breaker circuit ... now't connected .... grunt .... grunt .... grunt !!

the breaker valve is fed direct from the pump and the pressure goes on from there to the main valve block.
                            dead ending the breaker circuit really loads the pump as it has no-where to relieve to .... the RV is in the main block (presumably) after the breaker valve !!

I'd looked for anything remote and now't.
                            there's a 3ft hose from the pump .. prob.s 1"+ then there's a n other 3 ft-ish pipe from the valve to the main block ... that's it.

The T line from the Main block goes to some sort of temp sensing valve which tee-s in the oil cooler and then to tank from that valve .... probably all inch and a quarter plumbing

anyway ..... the servo pressure never waivered, what ever I did to it.

Had several panels off and the exhaust system, which lives behind the valve block, to get a good look at where the P and T lines live

hoping to spot the main RV .... bugger all !!

the P line from the slew pump is well under these and took some getting a pic of ... on a separate block and it's unaffected, .....

the exhaust was a hell of a lump to hoik out ....

put it all back together for the night ....

the front of this valve is a nightmare to go finding the MRV in ....

somewhere down there in the depths and darkness of the bottom of all them pipes is an RV ..... the P & T feeds in the back of the block are right at the bottom, so pretty fair guess the RV'll be down there somewhere .... can't see anything further up and can't see bugger all down in there ... camera job .... take some pix and have a look .... just there was so many pipes in the way and none of 'em were flexible ... 1"+ sort of sizes !!

so tomorrows job was find the bar steward....hopefully get it out ... even more hopefully find it full of crap .. or worse, a broken spring .... just couldn't see HTF I was gonna manage it though !!!

a few more pix in the bucket if anyone wants a shufty ... click on any pic for a link

Oh ... and 'scored' a combi spanner from the bottom of 'the pit' behind the main block ..... been there a while BTLs.

got to say ... she's very well put together, beautifully crafted and so far everything comes apart ...... for it's age it's remarkable !!

Comment

• well the Saturday was wetter than Friday .... total write off .... but did spend time scrutinising me new paperwork for that elusive valve.

Frank, from Norway, called me early Saturday afternoon with his thoughts and we had a screen sharing session on skype discussing the valve block and circuit diagram .... with the result that he agreed with what I'd pretty well sussed in the morning and filled in a few of the 'blanks' for me too on the subtleties of the pumps functions.

He's a.n.other clever bloke is Frank

Anyway, sent the full res. pix below to Tim, on t'other, by email for his opinions too and he was in agreement .... the elusive RV had been located !!!

my interpretation of what does what.....

this is a full res. version for clarity

interesting 'translation' for item 2 ..... the MRV !! .... in fact interesting translations all round !!!!

regrettably it's still gonna be a bit of a bar steward to deal with ......

as it's 'lurking' down in here !!!!!!!

the X on this one's a bit high!!

Didn't get around to doing anything more than having a quick shufty at the 'problem' that day .... Pam had had other/different plans for my time .... but she was off out in the morning and it was 'sposed to be nice ......

so ........................... watch this space

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                                well the Saturday was wetter than Friday .... total write off ....

so ........................... watch this space
                                We are with baited breath................................
                                A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X