Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Muz View Post
    Not other than the fact that its a combo you just dont see ? and you'd have to ask why, old heating oil on metal tanks yes 10 a penny, but never seen them galvinsied.
    the logistics of hot dip galving one of them is a nightmare though Muz ...... this un' must have had some seriously techy galv work done on it -- probably spun

this is what the galv Assoc. had to say :-

" Galvanized steel performs well in contact with most fuels which are relatively inert and result in a low corrosion rate. The exception tends to be hydrated fuels such as for example pink diesel where the corrosion rate is significantly higher.
    None the less if zinc corrosion products form it is possible that they might result in blockages of filters and tight orifices
    "

do I fit some 1 micron in lines and use it or ........ sadly put it down to experience and try and move it on
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• so ..... moving on with my well overdue catch up ....... two days 'fore crimbo ..... for the first time in ages, was a beautiful morning, .......
      'least it was up here .... not so hot down in the valley ...

guess who was home for a few days ? ....

and getting doted over !!

apparently we all needed some exercise that afternoon .... so Pam dragged us all off on a 5 mile route march .... Clara'd had enough of being pushed on her trike, half way, evicted Shem from his pram and took the easy route back to the car, with the little un strapped to his mum's chest, both of 'em fast asleep !!

Guess who ended up pushing both ways !!
      Old railway line, which has been tarmac-ed and turned into a cycle route, come jogger's paradise ... least there were no hills a loco couldn't handle on it.

T'other side of the town, so thought I'd pop into Screwfix on't way home .... as we were passing, like ......

and pick up a ........

one of the guys on CEF had come up with such a simple, neat, but clever idea incorporating one of these .... futher pix to follow

Amazing grip on it

Crimbo came and went .... usual day of excess everything and for once and the first time, we had both of Pam's kids, their other halves and their kids for the day

Granny in 7th heaven

boxing day was ..... well ..... grim weather wise .... started with some sun and went down hill pretty quick after eleven. Lashing it down all day.

looked out the window, bout 8 in the evening and .... OMG !!!!

squeak was going nuts .. in/out the flap ... he wasn't gonna be so keen if it got up to his neck again !!

inch plus in an hour!!!!

Forecast was saying all night .....

At least the kids and Shem had left that morning and were up with t'other granny/grandad in Solihull for several days, so no anxious GrannyPam with them out and about in it.

'62/63 started Boxing Day ..... and forgot to stop !!!!!
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...o-cold-1539625

'78/79 was a pretty white crimbo too IIRC !!
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...-pictures.html

and '81/'82 was pretty serious too :(

would have to do a lot of digging, (pardon the pun), for some of me own prints ... but deffo got a fair few .. was quite a winter

Took two days to dig me driveway out so's I could get me landrover out, where I was living at the time ......
      problem with 5ft of snow, by hand, is WTF do you put it, when you're surrounded by that much !!! hard work tossing it up over the 'high wall' !

fortunately it didn't hang about too long, but anything north facing had an inch glaze of frozen snow the following morning. Wind couldv'e took yer ears off
      By the 30th and for the first time that month...... my patio was actually dry!!
      Pee-ed down all the previous night, but'd been blowing a hooley all day ... but no rain --- a miracle

No ice or snow left, but the ground was and is still saturated with all drains going well

Made a change, not to get ear-ache, for leaving any trace of a wet foot print on the kitchen floor, coming in, no matter how well you wiped yer feet
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• the first three weeks of January were ...... diafknbolical ... as I'm sure most'll recall ..... FF to the 21st and the weather relented for a few hours thursday/Friday and I managed a couple of hours outside, with it dry enough to get the leccy gear out ....

Got some more holes into one of Alex's S50s, as he was in need of borrowing me beam again.

God knows HTF he was getting about on his job site, with all the bloody rain we'd had, almost continuously since God knows when !!

Hauled me beam out from behind everything ... good ol' girl started first flick as usual ... weeks since I ran her up last and whipped the roller off the beam.
        Alex prefers it without, for what he was spreading about.

Dropped the roller out the way and in a safe spot....

then lifted the beam onto the bench corner .... easier than groveling on the floor...

then picked the S50, with the 'Drema, onto it, having remembered just HOW heavy these buggers are and after lifting it onto the bench earlier to perforate it .... the body wasn't going to cope with a second go and was complaining !!!

Got it bolted into spot, just in time before he arrived with his trailer, to give it a ride to site.

Must've been the first four to five hours we'd had, consecutively, that it hadn't rained .. certainly that month !!!!!

Wa crap again all the next day and snow forecast for that night..... AGAIN!!!

We had BETTER have a good summer after the last 10 months - so far - of winter/monsoon type conditions !!

so ........ fast forward yet another wet and dismal week to 28-1-18 .......

we actually had a few dry hours .... to my amazement ...

aside from all the various, " can you justs " that've been 'waiting in the wings', whilst it pissed down, I found half an hour to wrap my head around a bit of an essential requirement, for the coming phase of 'my dig' !!

I've managed 'til now, without, but I am gonna be in need of one of these I fear, for some of the next bits .....

As you can probably see from the scale of my trusty coffee cup ..... tha's some Bofors tooth !

two x 30mm profiles required to laminate the main body, with some slightly smaller 10mms to give it a bit of shape, one either side

excuse the quality of the sketching .. was only a quick 'roughie', to suss the cut list

reckoned this, with 15t of 'Drema behind it, ought scare the beejeezus out of me rock bed that's yet to come up and a few niggly ones that're gonna need to come out the bank, lower down me patch.

should also come in mighty handy, suitably sharpened up, for dealing with a certain oak tree''s roots and stump ..... a bit at a time, so's not to rip the bank to buggery !!

If anyone's got any commentary they'd care to share? ..... feel free !!

couple of WET days later and Frosty, cold old day, .... but still and dry !!

Guess what I'd been having a play with

going to take a little getting used to on the settings, but after an hour or so I could safely say ....... I like it ...... A LOT!!

had a few 18 mm holes to 'lose' ........

before I could crack on putting the last one together ..

NICE

REALLY wish I'd had this for VA-r building ..... forgotten just how quick, easy and penetrative MIG is .... well I hadn't but, was a nice reminder !!

lovely for down hand .... or uphill, upside down, or any way you care to lay it down .....all positional pleasure ....

and no de-scaling/slaggin' off

oh what a joy to use!!

biggest issue is breeze/wind ... only had one brief moment's puff and 'airo bar' jobby, which the grinder soon takes care of ..... as long as you can get at it.
        A big downside though and I hate flux cored, with a passion.

bloody kicking my self for binning/skipping all my welding screens .... grrrrr!!!

finished off the tail of a roll, 'playing', hence the second, unfinished, aside from Clara's arrival and it being treatment tuesday, so t'were early doors ....
        bet it'd be lashing down again the following day

it was ........

Comment

• only complaint so far, with the new MIG; well two actually, is [a] .... there's no trigger latching facility and [b] the run on for the gas is overly long ... by quite a bit !!

Otherwise it runs a 5 metre torch sweet as, as I'd expect of a 4 roller drive system ... the soft start is smooth and for the inexperienced a real bonus....
          and there's plen'y o' juice on tap !!! reckon it'd spray, real well.

Had a bit of a day out ... for a change.

Pam's D.I.L. was going up to her parents in Solihull, for a trip on the big white bird, to somewhere warm for 5 days.
          So she'd suggested a meet up, for a few hours, so Pam could see Shem.

Upton on Severn was decided upon ... easy access off the M5, a decent little run out for us, at the top of the M50 and not too far for Katie May, for her onward journey afterwards.

PLUS .... I got to kill two birds ... had a machine in Pershore, I said I'd eyeball for Metod (Traktorist)......

Granny had a great couple of hours .....

.... with a certain lil' fella ...

who has grown so much in 5 weeks !!!

reckon he might just beat Clara in the walking stakes ...

he's giving it a good ol' go for 3 months ..... and I burgered off to Pershore for an hour after we'd all fed and watered .... an' I got puked on !!!!!!

2009 ZX50.....

3,400 hrs ..........

in a pig's eye ....

there wasn't a pin or bush on it, that hadn't got serious wear ... an' I mean serious .. 25mm back/fore on the king post ..... in all directions, 25-30 mm of slop in the boom ram rods top eye ... ditto the dipper, which'd been repaired and over plated ... poorly. Side slop was unreal, even the hitch was bollo-ed.

If it had seen grease in it's life, before reaching this sale yard, I'd eat my hat.
          deplorable treatment of what felt a very nice tool... smooth as, on the sticks ... shame about the 70-80mm of side slop at the bucket....
          Even the boom swing ram had 20mm of play in its eye .... 20mm FFS !!

HTF do you do that much 'damage' to such a nice tool .... and sleep !!

had to be ex-hire ....

and seat fillers.....

Needless to say I was there long enough to establish where all the wear was, give it a good once over and tell him it was worth half what he was asking IMHDO ..... lorra lorra work .. every bush and pin !!!

WTF do folk feed you so much bull shit on the phone .. do they like insulting peoples intelligence ... or 'praps they like to be assailed with silly bids ...
          either way.... I'd have been a lot more annoyed with him, if I'd made the trip 'specially to see it.

TBH I didn't see anything in their yard that you would look at twice.

had three more, I'd found local, to go eyeball too .... I'm a lot more hopeful ... I knew where these came from and how they've been treated/looked after.
          I'd be surprised if at least one didn't head off to Ljubljana in the next week or so .

1st Feb

Got a few holes set out late that afternoon, after the rain, hail, sleet and snow had buggered off ... had been a wild day

multiple choice mountings ..... always like to be flexible

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            bloody kicking my self for binning/skipping all my welding screens .... grrrrr!!!

Sure grap a few sheets or a duvet off the washing line...........don't get caught though......................
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Interesting email on the 4th from Photobucket .... appears they've dropped a bollock with their new $400 a year 'subscription charge' ..... no one's using it

So - new tack .......

" Hello ,

We would like to offer a tailored plan for users just like you - our Premium plan for $99.99 / year.

The Premium plan will provide 3rd party hosting for non-commercial use on your forums, blogs, and personal websites.
              Additionally, you will be able to store up to 300,000 photos.

We are working on some exciting changes for 2018. This is our exclusive introductory price and this offer will expire in 7 days.

Premium Plan

Thank you very much for your continued support.

-Sebastian "

still 3 times what I was/am paying and did not excite me .. at all.

everywhere you look are their unsupported image links, that you can't view

Can't see them making much of a dent in the droves leaving them some how.

A class action against them in the States, may well see them 'suddenly support' historical links again too
              ... only a question of time before some pissed off yank nails them

Bit of a major f**k up all round really !!!!!

'Early' start (for me, these days) on the 7th .... trip to Chepstow in the ying tong pick up of Pam's elderly cuz's ... 10,000ml/12mth service ... with 4,200 on the clock .

safe to say, I won't ever be contemplating the purchase of one o' they Great Walls
              .. my opinions after a longer stint at the wheel are no better than after the mile or so up/down our drive, when he bought it !!!!

like driving on ice .... steering so light you really do wonder if the wheels are touching the road ????

anyway, back by eleven and it'd been a glorious day ..... aside from the good attempt at snowing yesterday.....

...... for a couple of hours, it'd been relatively dry for a couple of days with some strong ol' winds drying the ground off nicely.
              I'd already inspected the state of play before I'd left that morning and was well up for getting the ground tidied up from the soil 'ship out', before Christmas and getting the remnants into a respectable heap.

Quick change and headed for the 'Drema, came round the back of her to stick the isolator in her and check the fluids and damn me .......

Not one, but four bloody Houdinis ...

..... God only knows how they'd gotten there, but getting 'em from there was going to be 'interesting', without injury.

Called the guy who's sheep they were and we eventually 'ushered' them out and back into their field, next door when he finally turned up.

So..... day fast disappearing, I ran her up, let her warm up for a few minutes and went to pick her up ........
              Nada !!!!
              Floppy sticks !!!!

BUGGER!!

Deadman micro clicking nicely, checked all the fuses, checked the deadman micro, voltage at the switch ...... hmm!!

Under cab belly plates off and dug out me pressure gauges ...
              stuck it on the Stauf at the gear change valve and clocked servo pressure as required .....

eyeballed the solenoid valve I was fairly certain was in control of servo pressure distribution/control and no light in the DIN plug ..... hmm.

needed to get my head around this ....
              and the circuit diagram ...
              been a while since I had me head under there and couldn't recall all the 'nuances' of 'Drema lectrickery's subtleties ...
              and the plumbing set up.
              Day knackered .....
              Bloody typical ...
              been good as gold for 18 months, or near as damn it .... get the best day in months and .........

Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

I thought I had a handle on it .... perhaps? !!
              Was going to need some time under there on me stool ..... again
              This is however, powered by the 'normous box of tricks behind the seat and I was hoping for an earth issue .......
              seemed most likely as there was volts at the switch ......

P.O.P. if that was the problem .... when I found where it went !!

Comment

• forgot to say .... amongst various odds and sods that day ... mostly keeping the boss happy with her garden, clearing dead bits and turning them into smoke and ash.

I'd also managed to get these last couple of bits together, for the flail's additional mount system, having finally gotten them welded up last week and a coat of paint on 'em.

this was the 45 and 90 deg link set up, if anyone recalls .....

and there was also the 30 and 60 deg. linkage as an option too, plus all the various permutations the top swivel offered with each.

When I got the 'Drema's lack of enthusiasm to perform sorted, it'd get a try out and hopefully decimate some serious growth, in need of being dealt with.

an interesting 'aside' as a last pic for tonight ..... this demonstrates the amount of crap that descends on us out the sky, as is, or in rainfall in circa 8 months .....
                all those slabs were the same 'cleaned' colour last June ... the clean bit has been covered by Clara's sandpit foam kneeling mat.

the rest is going to need a couple of hundred BAR to remove it!!!

Quite remarkable, the amount that lands on us daily/weekly/etc. ..
                and we live in a relatively low pollution area, out here in the sticks.
                A comparator, in a large town, or city, might be alarming.

It doesn't just land ... we breathe it too !!!!!!!!

Comment

• Photobucket are now on my spam list. I'm getting daily emails of offers to tempt me back but absolutely no way even if they paid me! They have tried to blackmail us and in doing so have ruined many threads on many forums. I sincerely hope that their business fails.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                    Photobucket are now on my spam list. I'm getting daily emails of offers to tempt me back but absolutely no way even if they paid me! They have tried to blackmail us and in doing so have ruined many threads on many forums. I sincerely hope that their business fails.
                    I agree on the blackmail front, but ...... would like to see some one take out a class action against their non support of historic links ... we all contributed to their well being, thinking they would support these links .... seeing them go down would knacker even more forum posts.

there must be someone pissed off with them enough, somewhere, to take 'em on ...... hopefully

Trouble is WTF do you use ????

Image shack went the same way and Flikr

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
                      Sure grap a few sheets or a duvet off the washing line...........don't get caught though......................
                      plenty of suitable sheets Stock ........ supporting them is the PITFA .... and stopping 'em blowing over ...... shed required

Comment

• returning to the plight of the 'Drema, the lack of servo op.s !!

awoke and opened the curtains morning of the 10th Feb., to not the blue sky forecast, but a horizontal snow storm, in some order. !!!

pleased to report it'd burgered off by 10 and I was able to get my head under the 'Drema's belly .... sure enough, as per theory, she was lacking an earth ... somehow ???

new one installed and paralleled up with the existing one, in case summat else was reliant too and we had lift off ......

It lived ....

spent a few hours spreading the remnants of me planings pile and generally having a bit of a square up .....

too damp to creep up on me ramp and tidy up the far end from the soil dig out, pre-crimbo, but if it didn't rain on us that night/next morning, I might've just managed it the following ..... if it stayed dry and blowy.

Also got a chance to try out the new fuel transfer pump, from the barrel to the 'Drema's tank ..... worked well and pretty damned quick too.
                        stuck about 160 litres in her

35.1 hrs since the last fill was exactly a gallon an hour, or 4.55ltrs/hr ... pretty good, but'd not been running her hard really, although she did ship out all the boulders and about 80t of spoil
                        can't complain at her frugality though TBF

jump forward to the 14th and ........Summat different .... absolutely lashing down outside, so sod all productive was getting done. Plus had had a rough night, and was still 'sobering up' from the rhino-stoppers, I had to resort to, 'bout 2 a.m.

Posty turned up mid day-ish here and Id been spitting feathers since his departure.

Some may recall, back in December '14, I got nailed for being in Aldi's car park, for more than 90 minutes, which I successfully contested and had quashed.

Well jus' 'fore crimbo,I got dispatched for a major hit on said emporium.
                        whizzed around and got all the heavy/bulky stuff, milk,etc., etc.. ... only go once a fortnight so usually have a trolley full anyway, but due to the time of year and having the kids home for Crimbo, 'twas gonna be a MAJOR hit.

having filled the trolley, I had to queue for ages ....6 checkout - 3 manned

eventually got out, stuck it all in the car, turned around and went back to the fray, for everything else that I hadn't got off the list .... another well crammed trolley full.
                        same again to get the hell out of there; 3 out of 6 tills working, shop crammed with bodies and even said to the girl on the checkout .... "been here some time and must be getting close to 90 minutes"

Anyway ..... 10 days later on the 29th I get the shitty letter from 'Parking Eye'.

I'd kept the two receipts, for 210 quid just in case !!

Hour later and my even shittier response was on its way to 'em, with copies of said receipts ...... I'd been in there an extra 14 minutes ... 'apparently'

Well that was many weeks ago and hadn't heard a word, so'd assumed 'twere sorted ..... that was until that day !!!!

Letter acknowledging receipt of mine, of the 29th Dec. and demanding documentary evidence - receipts or a bank statement .....

****ing tamping

The letter they were responding to, was stapled to the two copies of the receipts.

You can well imagine the even shittier response thed've had sent off to them that day, with copies of all previous correspondence, including two MORE receipt copies and the same printed on the back of the letter.

Let's see them lose the bas**ds this time FFS !!!

I was absolutely livid .... good job it was treatment the night before .... blood pressure'd been way too high, to do it

Can imagine just how many people these bast**ds intimidate into forking out.

They want to pursue this any further and it will be a ''see you in court'' ... and bring yer cheque book "

This lot are owned by ...... Capita ....
                        who currently hold 154 contracts,for all sorts, with H.M.Gov.
                        They are supplied with vehicle detail information, by DVLA, who we have no choice but to supply our details to.
                        They (DVLA) cleared about 10 million quid last year, flogging our personal info. to Tom, Dick & Harry

this is the same Capita who are currently in debt to the tune of 1.1 billion quid, with circa £370M deficit, in their own pension pot.... and who 'manage' several other pension funds, for HMG

There's a fair chance that these could be the next 'embarrassment' to HMG, looking at their fiscal reporting, especially if it's as dubious as Carrillion's. was, that went 'tits up', in January .....

watch this space ......................

Comment

• hop on a couple more days and ..... the sun'd been out, even if it was been a bit windier than I'd have preferred ..... and so'd the new MIG

Next one for Alex .... been sat here months and is suddenly required next week !! TBF though it was only recently we'd had any idea what it was gonna get slung under

went metal shopping the day before, ....

and Got me newly acquired lump hacked in two

and stitched together ready to perforate ....

would appear I forgot any pix of that bit !!

but you can see the results, as I started to assemble the latest S50 pick up mount......

Alignment critical, this one'd be

Got the critical bits assembled

then added a few more to the basic structure

followed by several more

'til I ended up with this

'Twas time to wind the ol' girl up and get yon flail up closer to the weaponry

to remove a few extraneous bits ....

for a bit of a trial fit .... took some persuading into place on me own, dangling at an odd angle and a reasonably tight (fag paper) fit .... too bloody heavy to go humping it about for sure .... S50's was 68kgs on its own !!

Went on .... sweet as, once I'd cracked lining it up
                          then got it bolted on ... another fag paper fit !!

picked it up again, complete ....

and stuck it out the way, 'til the plumbing arrived

Don't think the lad was gonna break it in a hurry !!

Yon MIG performed faultlessly all day and starting to get me eye back in again !!

Plumbing'd be here the following mon/tuesday .... then it'd be hedge-slaying time at his job-site

Comment

• following day was pretty decent too ....... bit of a light-weight anti-climax after the previous day's fabbing ... been trying to get around to this one for aaaaaaages.

BIL's daughter is in need of a patio balustrade to stop folk plummeting off the edge !!

So ... I'd got it sussed and picked up a load of 'suitable' when I went 'shopping' the other day

so got meself set up ....

and set to ... 54 @ 970 mil .... used to crop these on my Kingsland universal metalworker ..... in minutes !!

got there .. eventually ..... HPX makes a good rack

then got the rest of it lopped up

the PITA with the cut off is the de-burring .. especially the little bits

All ready to rock the next day though .... Was 'sposed to be dry .. as was that day ..... wasn't bad ....apart from the serious down pour in the afternoon .. hide anything electrical .....QUICK !!

Hopefully this lot'd look very different the next afternoon !!

browsing that evening .....

have a standing search set up for these.....rare as hen's dentures !!

2001 Hydrema R800

really like the look of these ...

9500 Kg - 3100 Hrs - Germany ..... much larger than I would prefer, ideally ... but ...

a very nice tool and built like the proverbial, with the best of everything on board !!

there's also a couple of 18t versions, on the same site if anyone has a need for summat at that scale .... one is under 10k and 2001 .. t'other's not much more ... a lot of tool for the bucks IMHDO

Comment

• so .... as said, I'd been little occupied ...

too bloody breezy for the new toy though

framed up

and working me way down

filled and stitched .....

........ up for consolidation

this is the smaller 'leg' at 2.2m ... the return is 3.8m ... a lorra-infill !! ......

which'd have to wait for ................................... yet more bloody rain

" shall I, shan't I ... I'll just look nonchalant, for a minute "

Squeak sizing up a second breakfast !!

He usually doesn't bother with them .... but this one was taking the p*ss

'bout 3 ft from my feet !!

..... still too bloody quick for him though .... he's better sticking to bunnies ... he catches them - no sweat !!

Half a day out on the 21st .... the middle half .... so day shot !!

got back to find .......

obviously hadn't had the best of rides !!!!!!

too late to do much with it that night, plus it was treatment night, so was a job for the next day .....

assembled 'em up, with a check valve, for a CLRV, to help the motor survive a shut off and allow it to run down.

QCs arrived later that afternoon, so got them on too and it'd get collected 'tomorrow', for some hedge slaughtering, 'fore the end of the month.

We'll see how it all performs, before a final 'tidy up', on routing and retaining supports !

managed to get a bit more done between the 'plumbing job' .....

frame set out

and the infill laid in to get some accurate dimensions to work out the spacings....

then started to drop 'em in

'til I ran out of bench

which is a bit of a PITA in anyone's book !!!!!!!

so 'twere time to end for end it .....

and get t'other end filled up .....

solidly stitched and up it goes for a weld up

parked awaiting completion in the morning .... ran out of tanners for the meter on the 'big yeller fing' ..... so the lights went out !!

Was real still that day, so ...... dug out me MB15 torch and threaded up the new toy ..... so much easier, tacking up with the MIG ......
                              and nailing it together afterwards.
                              Nice small torch and shroud on the 15 .. perfect for this sort of job.
                              It'd get finalised the next morning, then I could get the base plates drilled and fitted to the uprights, all ready for a collection.

BIL's going to have to do the corner joint himself on site.
                              no way is it gonna fit on his van's roof rack in one L shaped piece ...
                              Plus it'd be a bitch to get into where it has to go, in one piece, even if you could lift the bloody thing ... way too awkward !!

That'll get Pam off my back too
                              BIL may not be so pleased to hear it's ready ..... he'll have his missus and his daughter on his case, to fit it next !!

Then, if it was still dry enough under foot ....... it'd be 'Drema time and clean up the corner, so's I can get back on the rock bed and see about losing the rest of yon oak.
                              That'll compensate Gareth (BIL) for making him fit this ..... he asks every time I see him; when're we going to finish said tree. He had a whale of a time, on the first part.

Got the rest of the welds done to firm up the second half of the patio balustrade, next morning ... and Alex arrived just right to give me a lift down with it.

had the base plates to drill and fix yet ....

......before hauling Alex's flail out with the 'Drema and persuading it into the back of his Vee Dub

'twere a bit of a tight fit !!

went on to the Mec pretty well apparently and he's been frightening a few hedges with it since

needed a few alterations to the plumbing lengths and a couple of minor adjustments to improve the layout but was fine for now, especially as it was sorted remotely !!

Comment

• I do know he managed to find this pretty quick .......

few shots to give you an idea of fit .... the clamp obviously will fit, either way around, to suit applications, quite easily

as said .... the plumbing was a job in progress and needed some fine tuning,
                                but got it going and usable (carefully) for now

the check valve set up as a CLRV works a treat and allows the motor to run down slowly, once the pressure flow is stopped.

soon as the 1st March deadline'd been met ... we could get the fine tuning on the pipe work sorted for a more permanent job !

23rd Feb ......

A little less finesse required 'today', 'clearing up' the remnants .....

and shoving them out the way

need to get on with the ripper project ...... jeez that bloody rock is hard, for such soft shite, once you get it up a bit

the 25th was a beautiful day .... cold, but lovely and sunny ....
                                rough night and not a lot better all day, so the next project, which got hoiked onto the bench the previous Friday'd been doing little more than sunning itself all day

Tomorrow'd be another day

had been just a bit cold here the previous night

but as said ..... had been a beautiful day after it, though !!

I'd been Shanghai-ed into 'assisting' with some gardening, but did manage to sneak off for a few minutes here and there and do a couple of things......

shifting the BIL's fencing out of my way, ready to collect, was one .....
                                gonna leave the feet loose, after a conversation about the floor, it's going on .... levels aren't 'guaranteed', so loose fix feet ... sit panels on top .... suss a level and trim to suit
                                Also allows him some leeway on the corner angle too ... leaving them loose .

then found a suitable bit of plate to set out a base / head plate for a stub column for Alex's HPX .... after more discussions, we'll give this a try ... got to get his gripper in between those clams, so need a bit of extra space!!

... will also allow the use of the extra side entry ports, on the HPX's body, which'll be helpful for plumbing it

needed to remember to knock out the top hat plugs .... and install 'em, 'fore it got bolted on though !!!

Out with friends the next day for his 70th and had me 6 month scans & MOT in UCH Cardiff on the Tuesday, so wasn't gonna get a lot done 'fore the Wednesday . Also needed to remember to turn the 'Drema round too and stick the 7ft bucket on .... someone said we were having 2+ ft of snow on Thursday that week ..... sod that!!

now ....... was I going to be cruel and weld up that stub with a couple of marbles in it !!!!!!!!!LOL .... There'd be trouble !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X