Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here's the drg from the parts book and the key ..... in German

Been a while doing a cover to cover on the op. manual. There is no mention of a suction strainer, or the maintenance there of .. anywhere ... the return filter gets a mention in the service interval section and is a replaceable item, but no numbers for it.

I'll take the filler plate off as Tim suggested 'elsewhere' and have a shufty, but supposed to be pissy wet tomorrow

there's also a smaller washable filter under the cab floor and looks like it's on the supply to the servo pressure line ... called a ''pressure filter element'' by the book and looking at the so so diagram of it, it's located on the end of the servo/solenoid manifold.

so let's see what I can turn up with the number on the end cap.
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• brief update ..... been lashing it down here all night and day and now have cheesecake ground again ... so annoying!! ......

spoke with Dave in the stores' side kick, this afters .... after I eventually found the email with the number in it, for Hydrema's stores direct line.

The part numbers so far traced don't seem to mean a lot to their system. He did however have a parts book which sounded suspiciously like the one I have ... no English in it and too late to speak with Denmark.

If he has the right bit ... and it's a big if ATM ... it's £139 plus the dreaded .... which he thought was a ****ing lot, as the dump truck's return cartridges are usually about 30 quid. I have to say I whole-heartedly agree with him

Dave will be in tomorrow (head store man) and will be on the case apparently (hopefully).

Also asked for a cost for a scraper and gland seal for the end cap on the one leg ram ..... looking again at the parts book I have, this morning .. although they all have item no.s in the parts schedule, they're only listed as a bagged kit, for the whole cylinder ...... at 98 quid plus !!

May just strip it and see if I can get a scraper and gland locally.
      can always connect the hoses and leave the leg pinned up if I needed to use her.
      Only a drip occasionally but, the only one on her and annoying if on the drive/not on the patch ..... otherwise it'd have to get a bit more severe before warranting doing it.

The new barrel of 'blood' arrived this morning, in a truck with a driver that didn't know the g/box had a reverse gear, I think. Everyone else gets in here .... but his truck must've been a foot or so wider 'praps !!! LOL

Gave up and just had it dropped where he stopped !!

haven't bought any regular hydraulic in a while .... but reckon this has to be at least twice the price of mineral at £360 a barrel plus the usual Vodka ... but can't complain too much ..... with the delivery thrown in

wrestled it into the shed for the night ..... wouldn't want it getting damp .. or going walk about !!

Stopped persisting down about 4.30 so thought I’d lop a couple of plates, I’ve been meaning to get done before the tea bell got ‘donged’ !! ..... make use of the light !!

These two are for the end capture on the new 50mm pins for use in the top hat bosses and have to match the 70mm pin end plates

Got a lump of 50mm cleaned up the other day, ready to cut some 410mm pin lengths from ....has spent its life with a serious coat of paint on it and needed a bit more fettling to get it back to bright ...

..... but was not a lot so worth the effort !!

The second two plates are to make some links for the latest kins. rotator on yon grab, to hang off the Miller lift eye, if I want to use it free hanging.

An idea you may recall I ‘nicked’ from Mr T. and one of his pix a while back .... and a great one it was too !!!

Been keeping an eye open on E-blag for a while for a 45mm broach ... the ying tongs do a decent hole, but having spoilt myself with the 50mm I acquired and the speed at which holes are possible, a 45mm would be a nice addition ‘to the tool box’ ..... but now’t to date, so looks like the ol’ ying tongs’re gonna be in play again soon!!

Also need to get some more holes in me pick ups to accommodate the 141 mm centres this new kins is mounted at, so I can bolt the pick ups to the grab for direct mount under the VA-r.
      Have it all plumbed up to my 'std. spec.', for interchange-ability now ....

... and just need to sort the direct mounts out, with a new 'centre set' of 17mm perforations
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Filter took a bit of finding their end and only managed it, after I'd given 'em what I thought was the number, from me parts book and a PDF Alex put up On 'T'other' the other night .... they matched.
        I'd sent Dave an email first with as much info. as I could about her and what I knew.

Spoke to Dave in Hydrema's stores ...... his technisher German’s as good as mine ..... non existent !!

He’s going to talk to Germany and see what he can suss, but confirmed his colleagues opinion the previous day, that if it’s what they think it is ..... it’s 139 quid plus, plus !!!

Alex Playle, ....... who’s still waiting his activation on 'T'other', after many weeks, has been doing a bit of a search too this evening and seems to be a bit of a Billywhizz at it !!

He’s come up with the dead on filter in France !!

http://hifi-filter.com/en/catalog/14...uivalence.html

Email in my best froggy sent ..... let’s see what I get back in the morning !!

To coin an oft used phrase ...... watch this space !!

..... further exploits, post filter hunt!!
        Hauled the mag out and Mr Ying Tong’s 45mm cutter to hole the links for the Kins ..... 45mm both ends on this one ..

It decided to shed a tooth on the third hole to go with one it shed ages ago .....

TBH it cuts better with a couple missing than it did with a full set !!!!! Better clearance possibly. Apologies for the few dodgy images ... took me a while to notice the oily finger print on the camera lens.

Also broached this pair to 50mm whilst I had the mag in the right spot.

Ready for the new 50mm pins to suit the top hat bushes.
        Lopped a couple of pins with the old cut off .... put a 1.8mm disc in it and made a hell of a difference to the way it goes through solid round.

Opened up the holes in some big washers I had, to make up some end caps .....

And put some holes in the pins for Lynch pin retainers.

Got the end cap washers welded on and the spacer collars for the differential between Kins link and the Miller eye and tried it for size .....

They looked ‘fit for purpose', so returned my attention to the 50mm pins ......

Comment

• Got the retainer plates notched and lopped a couple of 50mm pin lengths ...

....... and set ‘em up for welding square on the ends of the pins .....

Stitched ‘em then got ‘em in a better position to consolidate .......

One pair of pins ... for the use of ....

Next was the bosses turn for a little attention ..... holed for retainer grub screws .......

Tapped ‘em out and screwed some nice big ½” whit. (nice big ‘manly’ thread) grubs into ‘em with a liberal application of copper slip ....

Who can remember Fine Fare ??
          First supermarket to open in Abergavenny .. I must’ve been about four !!
          Have had that tin some years and got filled with copper slip a VERY long time ago!!

First assembly looking good .......

Second one hit a slight snag !!!!!!!!

Comment

• The last boss was one hell of a tight fit .... and I’m guessing Matt had forgotten the final 4 thou finishing clearance cut .... bang on 50mm instead of the 50.2 the other three are !!

So been down to see him ....

http://www.cpmachining.co.uk/
            http://www.cpmachining.co.uk/plant-list

..... for a 4 thou cut !!!!
            He is one very busy bunny and hardly surprising ..... ‘kin good at what he does .... he was gutted about my boss !!!!!

All sorted though ......

..... and theywere gonna get a trial fit up tomorrow .... weather permitting ... been a tad damp again here today!!

Pulled the rotator off the new grab ... to check the mount hole centres, which were measuring up on the cap heads as 141mm ??? an odd selection ....

....... but sure enough, that’s what they were? ..... can now get some new mount hole centre sets drilled in my various pick up sets and maybe create a new one too, to get left on it .... save swapping ‘em about.

Gonna have to give some attention to getting the Hill’s hydraulic valve and plumbing in place, in the VA-r shortly and its more permanent mounting under the VA-r, having proved the principle, with it pinned on. Plus get an oil supply up the boom and down the dipper to run it with.

And for those of a masochistic tendency ..... either click on any pic for a link, .... or more here http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/v8...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

• Got some shiny tish on a few bits, one evening after tea .... think it was Thursday, or Friday ... the weeks got so fast !! ......

These and a few link sets for rotators, I’ve been trying to get coated for a while.

Had a few spare hours on Saturday and started on a pick up for direct mounting the new grab ..

Strange hole centres o these Kins rotators ..... 141mm square or 99mm PCD ???

Lopped a couple of cheeks.......

........ and put a bit of shape to ‘em .......

Ready for the attention of the 50mm broach.

Sunday dawned with a wall to wall blue sky .....

Click on the pic for the rest of the panorama...

And thought that as I was going to be sorting one set out, I’d lop another set of plates to do a second unit at the same time ...

And broach ‘em all together ........

Whilst I had the trusty mag out I thought I’d also stick a set of perforations in the existing head to suit Mr Kins’ weird 141 centres........

So that this too would be able to pick up the new addition .....

And everything else ........

Whilst I had it on the bench, I thought I’d give these a try out ..... if it fits here it’ll fit every other 70mm boss set .....

Used it to set out the centres for the other two I’m processing, as I know it fits all it’s been on so far ...... which is all me att.s!!

Swiss pick ups ....... Emmental style .......

Monday was a non fabbing day, so hopefully I’ll get the second Emmental plate finished off in the a.m. and start putting ‘em together, once I’ve lopped 4 pins !!

Comment

• Well after I’d mowed all the bloody grass, I got me pins chopped....about half four....

And set up the cheeks, nice and square with my trusty Vee block and spacers for level

To get the pins consolidated into the cheeks.

Ready to set them up on the base plate .....

And get it all welded up .....

After I’d had me tea ..... as the bell was a tolling .... again !!

Got back out about quarter to seven and laid a few runs down, to hold it all together ....

You’ll notice that I’ve still a few holes to open up to 17mm ..... manyana !!!

Oh .... and a lot of fettling ......

Surprising how much mess you can make in a couple of hours .....

But all tidied and away by 8.15 ...... and still light !!!

Think I might treat myself to a new bench brush ... from the stores, in the morning !!
                Hadn’t realised just how bald this one was looking ‘til I see this pic. !!!!!!

Comment

• Well I dug out a better brush for the clear up after no. 2 went together this afternoon ...

Rough fettled of the worst of it, ready for the four an’ a half inch and a flapper,then got out me favourite weapon ......

To sort out the centres of these two ....

Looks alright sat in spot .....

Just got to finish off drilling the 17s, fine fettle it all up and get some shiny tish onto ‘em .... job did!!

Packed up early-ish, for me, to come in and Skype Frank, in Norway, yesterday, but sod’s law ..... he’s still out prepping for a delivery of his new storage container today!!

We also have a little something ‘cooking’, ATM !!

Fettled and drilled the second (first) one this afters ..... (Clara day today, so not a lot done this morning) ....

Tried for a fit ...... as if !!! ......

And a coat of shiny tish for the both of ‘em ....

Email from my filter chap this morning, [just as I was thinking of sending him one] saying he was going to chase it up, but now’t more today ..... would be a very happy Druid to see it arrive .... ground is nice ATM and could get some spoil on the move!!

Posty reckons Rory speaks with forked tongue ..... and it might miss us tomorrow.
                  Hope it’s not wishful thinking on his part, but looking at the forecast .... we’s gonna get wet !!!!!!!

Comment

• Second coat of paint, yesterday, then late afternoon, 4 BZP HSFG 8.8 M16s and it’s ready for a spot of action .....

Unfortunately the ‘Drema is still devoid of a return filter, so it’s gonna have to sit here a while longer.

the predicted rain didn’t show up in Druid central today and it’s been a day on the brush-cutter/strimmer, dealing with everything the mowers can’t get to/at .... technique is ‘back to the wood’ .. takes longer to grow back that way !! As most of it’s in awkward spots ....... the longer it takes to grow back, the better!!

Better get those lugged tyres ordered for the Dane tonight. Can’t believe how slick the ground is under foot still and nearly been on me bum a few times today !!

Comment

• Always Enjoy seeing your projects Graham . Class act mate .

Comment

• Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                        Always Enjoy seeing your projects Graham . Class act mate .
                        Thank you Ian.

"If a jobs worth doing .......... etc." .......and I've had a bit of practice ...... wait 'til I've got a bit more gear back together!

Comment

• thought I'd posted this last night ....... but must've pressed the wrong button !!!!!

Saturday morning ......

Sunday evening .......

This afternoon ........

It’s snowed like buggery, on/off here this afternoon, with a bitterly North Westerly driving it !!!
                          Real handy when yer’s got the lid off yer return filter housing pouring Plantohyd into the tank ........ through yer newly installed filter ........it has arrived !!!

And a bit of a story to accompany it too ......
                          But yer’s gonna have to wait ‘til tomorrow for it ..... treatment night and feelin’ shite ... better in the a.m. ...... hopefully !!
                          Last edited by v8druid; 27-04-2016, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• OK .... as said, it arrived yesterday !!
                            A*** the member on t'other, who’d been sorting this for me, has been in touch several times, since I ordered it with him, apologising profusely for his supplier’s ineptitude and gutted at being let down on his usual 5 day delivery he’s used to from them.

It transpires that his suppliers were on stop, which is why it took their distributors 6 days to dispatch it to them, for A*** to collect and then forward to me !!!
                            Very bloody useful !!

Needless to say A*** is furious with all concerned, for stitching him up and placing him in a very awkward position ..... it could well have been a customer in far more urgent need than lil’ ol’ me.

Fairplay, I had an email the minute he had it in his possession and heading for the post office, with an urgent next day delivery. I doubt he’ll leave the matter lie with his suppliers.
                            It’s possible he may even make a contribution at some point and maybe even name & shame the culprits.

Anyway I’m grateful to have it at last.

Unpacked it and had a good check over of the beast ..... and found two floating wires from the S/steel mesh laminating the filter material, fortunately inside the filter body ....

.......bit disconcerting and gave it bloody good going over, before being satisfied there was now’t else likely to be introducing itself into the ‘Drema’s hydraulic system, once installed.

Dimensionally perfect, aside from being a couple of mil shorter in stature than the original, .......

..... but plenty of leeway in the neck of the housing to accommodate the variation !!

So in it went ......

.... at which point we had the first of many ........ snow storms!!!!!!

Didn’t want to drop the housing cover back in yet, ‘cos I wanted to fill the tank up through the filter, as advised by the book and I also recalled Tim, on t'other saying once, somewhere, to always top up through the return filter, even with brand new fresh out the drum oil.

Plus .... the cover has its magnetic probe attached to it which reaches the the very bottom of the filter ......

.......and putting it on/off, would also entail wiping it down every time, to prevent spreading hyd. about the place.
                            So covered it with a clean rag and a suitable bucket, between snow flurries and jugs of Plantohyd going in!!

Comment

• Me spare oil pump had had a full strip and surgical-quality cleaning, internally two weeks ago and was ‘ready to rock’, in the barrel.

As was the clinically clean (internally at least) jug.

Glad I took heed of the filling advice I was too .... this is the bottom of that clinically clean jug .....

..... quite what it is or where it came from is open to debate .... but I know how clean my gear was !!

The sight glasses on’t ‘Drema’s tank are a tad long in the tooth now and not the easiest to read/see through. I’d dipped the tank a while back and had started chasing about trying to get some lube to top her up with, when according to my calc.s she was ‘well low – based on my knowledge from the book of the total cap. And the physical height, I’d estimated it to be possibly up to70 ltrs shy of full ....... which was a lot!!

Anyway ... yon tank must not be a universal shape, as the volume I got into her, in comparison to the height/dip generated calc.s, etc. was a lot less (phew!!) !!

40 litres put the level about 30mm below the top of the top sight glass .....

Didn’t go right to the top, as although I had the crowd and dipper ram closed and the boom rams as closed as I could get ‘em, the VA ram has to fully extended to achieve this

.... and theoretically, to return that ram’s volume to the system, one has to fill the boom rams with damned near twice its volume, the tank should have more than adequate spare volume. I’ll check it out next time she gets warmed up, but to get everything closed you’d need to be straddling a deeeeep trench, to be able to tuck the dipper under her, with the VA closed and the boom cylinders fully closed !! I really doubt it’ll ever be in that position in my ownership!!

Couple of guys asked for some pix of the return housing ..... so took a couple while I was at it, once it was back together......

..... see if anyone recognises it???

Comment

• Anyway, ..... checked everything else over and she kicked up first flick ......as usual ... the Deutz in her is an impressive starter ..... first time in probably 3 weeks. Checked the housing for leaks and picked her up from rest to get that Kinshoffer of the bench.

Grabbed Jake’s grader first, from where I’d left it the other day, to get it out the way .....

The Hill picked it up sweet enough and popped it out the way ..... geometry is a little lacking, to get slung under it for any ‘light use’, as would be the ‘build weight’ !!

Then came round and grabbed the Kins. ....

..... fitted the Hill sweet enough and clears the VA-r fine .... and will do when the Hill is repositioned to its more permanent position, when I get it off those temp. pin mounts and fitted to the rotator’s plate.

Couldn’t oil it up and try it as the original/existing pipes are about 250mm short to couple up to the aux QCs with the current set up and will still be probably 100mm too short, once the Hill is repositioned, so I’s going to need a couple of hoses, that’re a bit longer!!

I have plenty of spares sat, of all sorts of lengths, bar the right one and didn’t really want to oil up pipes that’re too long, just to give it a try. I’ll get some made up in the next couple of days

Swung it around and dropped it on the deck, to give me my bench back ......

..... parked her up and locked up, for an early finish ...... ‘fore the boss gave me any ear-ache about getting my bum indoors for me ‘hamsterjuice’ ..... treatment night, as I said last night !!!

As predicted ....... much better this morning ..... pity the same could not be said of the weather ..... like bloody winter again today, bitter and snowing on/off all day .... not a lot done !!!!!

As usual, clicking on any pic'll get you a link to quite a few more, for those of you who may be inclined !!

or this'll get you same results to an album http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/v8druid/slideshow/

Comment

Working...
                                X