Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
    A lot less 'crap' to put up with, for sure
    That is just intolerance of old age...............................bit of an Oscar are we Druid.....................'cause I bloody well am............
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

A lot less 'crap' to put up with, for sure
      Exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
        That is just intolerance of old age...............................bit of an Oscar are we Druid.....................'cause I bloody well am............
        "Oscar " ????? lost me there Stock ......... doubtless I should know what you mean ...... but it just doesn't spring to mind tonight Boyo
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobody View Post
          Exactly
          QED
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• well Frank took the sunshine with him when he headed north last weekend, in search of Mogman ... been foggy as **** here for a week ..... hadn't seen the bottom of the garden 'til yesterday .... and had some frost to welcome the blue sky back .... for a few hours

The fog has pissed the mobile service off here ... don't know why, but me phone rang yesterday morning for the first time in best part of a week !!
            Not seen it so continuously dense here in a long time and deffo not for so long!! .. Not conducive to getting a lot done .... been bloody freezing with it!!

Cats have been like book ends most evenings ......

....worshiping the Morso

Did Run the 'Drema up for an hour or so and parked Frank's juggling rocks in the heap out the way.

I'm hoping to see some better weather soon, .... to get my head around my thoughts, on the new Auramo clamp and maybe get a few ideas trialed ... after I've gotten the rest of the oil out of its plumbing !!

Been sat on the bench now for a fortnight and sod all done to it ...... clear starry sky tonight, so hopefully we'll see some more of that yeller thing in the sky tomorrow

Comment

"Oscar " ????? lost me there Stock ......... doubtless I should know what you mean ...... but it just doesn't spring to mind tonight Boyo

Comment

• LOL Stock

nippy old morning again yesterday ......

and nice and blue above ..... til this came back ... again

decided to bite the bullet and find / break into me land drains .... to drain the bloody lake ...

there's a deep land drain under this hole .... somewhere close

the collection sumps, connecting 'em all, were running real well, when I came in for tea last night and was hoping for an empty space in the a.m., so's I could have a tidy up of all the crud that's collected there, 'praps put in a few channels for extending the drainage and maybe get some hardcore in there ..... pee-ed off with not getting anything done !!

08:00 this morning ........ ..... hit the spots for the drains

Mission accomplished

next was a bit of a clear up and get the last lil' bit of water out ....

Up early this morning (for me these days) ... leccy off today and they were bringing me a genny at half eight to keep the fridge on target .... drug delivery yesterday, so maximum stock levels today

here at ten to eight ..... early as usual ... good job I'd anticipated 'em

looked a bit more like it with some sun on it and wound the 'Drema up for a bit of a scrape off, after giving the VA-r and hitch a spanner check

Shoved the crap about a bit and pushed the remaining standing water to the edges so's it can drain off too ..... could've done with some more reach ....... but wasn't putting me wheels down in that lot .......... let it clear/dry a bit more first, then might drop the blade as far as it'll have it and walk the front end out there a bit ...... should give me enough then
                Must have a look at me pix tonight to suss exactly where that deep drain is, so's I can see about an extension, up the middle of this and try to cure the lake permanently.

Comment

• Glad to see you have got it to run,

question is, do you know where it went, and more to the point where does it come out. I always think it is good to have this info, for there may come a time when it fills up again, if someone or something blocks the outlet.
                  Sorry, not trying to dampen your mood, you have enough ffffff fog for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
                    Glad to see you have got it to run,

question is, do you know where it went, and more to the point where does it come out. I always think it is good to have this info, for there may come a time when it fills up again, if someone or something blocks the outlet.
                    Sorry, not trying to dampen your mood, you have enough ffffff fog for that.
                    Absolutely Ginger ....... I built/installed 95% of the drainage

It's gone down a deep (about 30" of clean 40mm stone with a 6" perf pipe under that) land drain that's one of three under me patch
                    then into a network that feeds 3 attenuation sumps, which eventually feed out to an existing land drain that exits in a stream below me, t'other side of the neighbour's field

Werngounsel means 'wet grounds' .... drainage was paramount here.

Comment

• "Werngounsel means 'wet grounds' .... drainage was paramount here."

What language is that? it contains no y or w so it cant be welsh................................

don't recognise it as Gaelic either...........

Comment

"Werngounsel means 'wet grounds' .... drainage was paramount here."

What language is that? it contains no y or w so it cant be welsh................................

don't recognise it as Gaelic either...........
                        Errr !! Werngounsel Stock ? ....... may be a bastardised form of Welsh Boyo

Comment

Errr !! Werngounsel Stock ? ....... may be a bastardised form of Welsh Boyo
                          Hmm didn't come across correct no CWY together so it can't be welsh.....................................

why not call it bog.................

Comment

Hmm didn't come across correct no CWY together so it can't be welsh.....................................

why not call it bog.................
                            'Cos ........
                            a bog it ain't ....... just holds water well ..... very clay-ee soil, sticky as **** shit and just won't drain

Comment

• Ooooooh know that dead grey clay well, holds water as well as a tin bucket....................

Comment

Ooooooh know that dead grey clay well, holds water as well as a tin bucket....................
                                got bluey/grey and brown ... all sticky as ...... and slick as goose shit under foot

Comment

Working...
                                X