Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• made some good progress today........

got this end leveled out and just about finished for planings, all bar the two corners ... one a bit high, 'tother in need of a bit more, so will have to swap it round tomorrow.

Pee-ed the spleen off again this morning ....... gathering up a bucket full of rocks ....

not very big ones either !! Treatment tomorrow night so hopefully that ought to sort out the grumblin' lil' bugger !!!!!

Ripped out a fair few lil' boulders, this afters, dug a decent pit out, where they were and shot a load of smaller rubble and crush on top to fill the pit and finish off the front corner, for now.

this is actually a lot more level than the picture makes it look....

this lil' fella has been a right PITA today .... not content with my lap or the cab floor, he's been on, under, around and in front of the wheels most of the day and have had to get out every time I want to move, ... to check WTF he was !!! ...

running him over would NOT be good for morale!!

At close on 4 tons a corner, the 'Drema'd take no prisoners!!

get those two far corners sorted in the a.m., the rest of the drainage channel stoned up at the bottom of the batter, in the morning, three loads of spoil up the field, out the way and I might attack the ramp.

It's now only a 10" hop up at the back end, so losing the ramp all the way back is now a serious option, to give me plenty of space to park all the extraneous crud, sat up on the high level.
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Druid I thought you had made my day but alas it was not to be..............................
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post

Druid I thought you had made my day but alas it was not to be..............................

Well that's you off my Christmas card list Boyo ......
        do you not realise that;

as a reward for a good life, in a previous existence ....
        you come back as a well loved, pampered house cat ?? ...... think about it .....
        what better existence is there?

Unless you have a cat hater for a neighbour
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• No more moggies to hate around this neck of the woods.....................
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
            No more moggies to hate around this neck of the woods.....................
            I don't want to know .... you heathen ...... people have been embalmed for non worship

Comment

• I feel a possible MkII coming on

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hydraulic-...kYYrKZMLNFz-rQ

'Bout time someone started flogging these on ebay

I do like the 1/2" rotary couplings, but'd need a minimum 4 galleries .... six'd be nice to double up the flow to the aux QCs using four

Comment

• A bit too cheap came to mind??
                Galleries.. please expand my technical english repertoire but guessing on thingy for bringing oil to the working end of things? Like hitch and attachments..

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                  A bit too cheap came to mind??
                  Galleries.. please expand my technical english repertoire but guessing on thingy for bringing oil to the working end of things? Like hitch and attachments..
                  yeh it's the route for the oil, say, in an engine ....... an oil gallery feeds the oil flow to where it needs to be.

so in a rotary coupling there would be either 2 or 4 or 6 galleries for 1, 2, or 3 pairs of service feeds/returns

and in glorious colour

Comment

A bit too cheap came to mind??
                    LOL ..... know what you're saying

Comment

• Nice explaination, thanks

Dunno the price ranges of those units, but that must certainly be reasonable by far?

Comment

Nice explaination, thanks

Dunno the price ranges of those units, but that must certainly be reasonable by far?
                        No Problemo .....
                        I'd guess that they'd be in the cheaper end of the price range, for sure. .......but ... if they do a job!!

Would like a good look at one ..... found some on Finn at Wee No., last year, but could never get 'em to give me prices

Comment

• Finally got my hands on Vicki's hubby's car this morning, to install that new window winder motor ...... have had it a month .... thinking it'd better be the right one !!!

Sat on the floor, persuading it in, when DPD van rolls down the drive and I'm thinking WTF have I bought????

I hadn't .... Alex had, for a lil' project I'm awaiting all the bits for to get started on.

these were two of 'em .....

Wrong bloody bearings, but just as easy to find the right ones and swap, as send the damned things back .... 25mm bore 6205s duly ordered !!

so .. car done, next was the Countax for attention .... peeing petrol on the floor last night, out the carb overflow!!
                          Sunk float or dirty needle valve seat ???

one of Charlie Hodna's finest, so more likely to be crap in the needle ... was fine a few days ago.

Stripped cleaned and roaring like a lion ..... next!!

oh whilst I was under the bonnet, I noticed/remembered this ....

always date batteries and where they came from .... blue case Varta .... from 2005 when they made 'PROPER' batteries.

It spent 9 years on the Toyota FLT that me fork mast came off, 'fore it got binned and just happened to be 'countax size' .....
                          12 years is what I call a 'proper' battery and never gives trouble!!

So ... next .....

new/extended shelf to relocate some of the crap from the back corner to .....

got the stake bundle on there and then ....

..... relocated a pack of 300mm perf twin wall from on the top .... to the top of me boxes. At 20ft long they're a proverbial pain in the arse to store ...

Spot the cat !!! Squeak for a change .... Sparty was, as usual, on my lap.

would've moved more, but early tea tonight, as Pam was off out.

and needed the forks to grab the next items with ....

by the time I'd gotten back out it was spitting rain and looking proper threatening ...
                          did not want to get caught on the tish in a deluge, so tidied up what I could by hand, ready for the next sesh.

sposed to pee down for the next 3 days, so that'll knacker much for several.

Happy to report that having had me 'Hamster juice', Tuesday evening, yon spleen is now totally pacified and behaving completely.

Think I may moot splitting my doses into weeklies, instead of fortnightly currently, at me next MOT next month ..
                          stop the crap building to such high levels and hopefully give me a lot less grief.

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                            No Problemo .....
                            I'd guess that they'd be in the cheaper end of the price range, for sure. .......but ... if they do a job!!

Would like a good look at one ..... found some on Finn at Wee No., last year, but could never get 'em to give me prices
                            Wouldnt by anything from Wee .no by the way, very low quality from what i've seen. Flimsy to say the least..

Comment

Wouldnt by anything from Wee .no by the way, very low quality from what i've seen. Flimsy to say the least..
                              yeh've heard the same ....... but all down to price really ..... if it's very cheap you must expect it

Just looking at their ad.s, but can't see their rotators advertised ATM

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                                yeh've heard the same ....... but all down to price really ..... if it's very cheap you must expect it

Just looking at their ad.s, but can't see their rotators advertised ATM
                                Of course But cheap doesnt mean you get your moneys worth

Comment

Working...
                                X