No announcement yet.

Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHUTDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was supposed to be Sunday............ but a problem developed last night and it got brought forward......................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
      SHUTDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! was supposed to be Sunday............ but a problem developed last night and it got brought forward......................
      Ah right .... thought it was late for you
      so what you break ?????
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Gave the patch another going over with the roller for an hour, or so, yesterday afternoon ......

amazing how much it continues to go down, after the snow and a night's hard rain .....
        pity the 12t tanker driver, delivering the kero, had to scow it round this morning, instead of a shunt to turn ..... left some 'scars' behind him, on full lock.....
        gonna need another going over where he's been, but 'sposed to pee down again for 48 hrs, so could be a Sunday job
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• finally got pissed off with the marauding sheep earlier in the week, when 9 of the bloody things attacked Pam's flower boxes on the patio ... been putting 'em back in the field a couple of times a day....but enough was enough
          So went in search of where the ****ing things were escaping from

apart from a lot of walking around the wood, it didn't take a lot of finding

the guy who owns 'em had said he'd cured the issue - NOT ---- chucking a couple of pallets in front of the scrub where the hole was, was as effective as putting a couple of elastoplasts on the Titanic

so cut all the scrub back to fence line ... which was buggered and re-positioned his pallets, together with all the scrub and anything else i could lay me hands on and blocked their escape route

It's slowed the buggers up ...... 'til this morning, when I watched three of the sods jump the fence .... not been back though since they got herded back lunch-time.
          will be surprised if they ain't there in the morning ..... gonna have to raise the fence a good foot in one spot to stop the sods

Been a beautiful day here today though and dry enough to consider AND actually paint t'other side of Pam's gates .... hopefully they ain't gonna have too rough a night ... 'sposed to be great again tomorrow

remains to be seen what they'm like in the cold light of day/morning, tomorrow
          Will be glad to get 'em off me bench

posted this yesterday evening ..... but not here this morning .... so here it is again

Comment

• well the bloody frost had me paint ..... more of a satin/matt finish this morning ........ and five bloody woollie backs on the lawn

Time for another prowl round the woods, see if the buggers have created a.n.other escape route

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
              well the bloody frost had me paint ..... more of a satin/matt finish this morning ........ and five bloody woollie backs on the lawn

Time for another prowl round the woods, see if the buggers have created a.n.other escape route

Time for Irish Stew.............................
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post

Time for Irish Stew.............................
                hopefully they'll all be lambing shortly .... and'll be gone to his lambing sheds

Comment

• That'll be six weeks or so yet Druid, plenty of time for them to eat the herbaceous border :)

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                    That'll be six weeks or so yet Druid, plenty of time for them to eat the herbaceous border :)
                    already been out there chasing the bast*rds off the plants at 07.00 this morning

Comment

• Your neighbour needs to learn about consequences - like paying for damaged garden etc.

I sold all my sheep last year as I was fed up with them, but I always kept my fences secure so that they were only hassle to me.

We have an adjacent field that is not ours and is the other side of a stream. On four recent occasions the wife has been walking the dog and heard a sheep in distress, turns out it has it's head stuck in stock fencing, which actually takes some releasing. On the last occasion she had to ring me for help. It was a close run thing whether I'd have to cut the fence as I couldn't get it's ears back through without an enormous effort.

Got a phone call from a dog walker yesterday saying yet again it was stuck assuming it was ours. Field owner lets out the keep - I know who the owner is but not his tenant. I had to put on my stern face and say not my sheep, not my field, not my fence, go speak to the land owner as it's not my problem. Otherwise the tenant will never face up to his responsibilities.

. . .it's a difficult one as I don't want any animal to suffer, and I don't mind sorting problems that I come across myself, but I'm NOT setting up a rescue mission for the entire community !

Comment

Your neighbour needs to learn about consequences - like paying for damaged garden etc.

I sold all my sheep last year as I was fed up with them, but I always kept my fences secure so that they were only hassle to me.

We have an adjacent field that is not ours and is the other side of a stream. On four recent occasions the wife has been walking the dog and heard a sheep in distress, turns out it has it's head stuck in stock fencing, which actually takes some releasing. On the last occasion she had to ring me for help. It was a close run thing whether I'd have to cut the fence as I couldn't get it's ears back through without an enormous effort.

Got a phone call from a dog walker yesterday saying yet again it was stuck assuming it was ours. Field owner lets out the keep - I know who the owner is but not his tenant. I had to put on my stern face and say not my sheep, not my field, not my fence, go speak to the land owner as it's not my problem. Otherwise the tenant will never face up to his responsibilities.

. . .it's a difficult one as I don't want any animal to suffer, and I don't mind sorting problems that I come across myself, but I'm NOT setting up a rescue mission for the entire community !
                        Aye ..... if it was just me yon twonk would've had short shrift from me already .... he's Pam's best friend's brother
                        however .... her plants are now suffering and she getting pissed too

have had to rescue several of his animals over the years from similar predicaments ... heads stuck or so entangled in briers they can't move and put maybe 3 or 4 of 'em back on their feet last year, off their backs, legs flailing wildly
                        's only the rogues that are an issue .... down to three ATM and after giving them the fright of their lives at 07.00 this morning they ain't been back all day ..... next time I can corner them, they will be captured, rather than put back and he WILL be here to remove them PDQ ..... or I'll be donating them to a.n.other neighbour several fields away

Comment

• Had Rob the sheeps' owner here again yesterday afternoon .... and he'd not long gone from here this morning, after rounding up the offending woolies and taking them with him ....
                          hopefully no more grief .... but'll need to sort a couple of fence points they've forced their way through/over ...
                          if they couldn't clear 'em they were battering 'em .........
                          never seen sheep like 'em .. bloody vandals

they should be packed meat by now
                          'Swhere they were heading from here, when they left

if they weren't carrying any lambs they were gone ... few weeks early that's all ....
                          them that were in lamb'd go to one of his other locations .... he knew we were very pissed off with the bloody things

Rob said to me last year .... " shoot the f***ers"
                          Pam'd go mental and have to admit it's a long time since I killed anything
                          ... other than putting a badly mauled mouse out of its misery .... or a rat ... rats're still fair game

been a stunning day here yesterday and today .... 20.3C somewhere in Wales today .... warmest recorded Feb ... EVER!!

chilling for a lunchtime snack
                          admiring the sheeps' handy work at keeping the grass down

gates got a third coat last week, one dry day ....

and got piddled on overnight although not forecast .. so spotty gates was the result

the 4th coat today ..

will hopefully fare better ..... it better had ...
                          I'm pissed off with painting the damned things

My big(er) trailer got a long overdue freshen up coat ... first time it's been dry enough to do it in months

Little un's turn next !! ..... after I've done the head trees on the big un

Comment

• What a change in two days ..... beautiful yesterday, as were the previous few days .... lashing it down here this morning

Got me benches back Wednesday morning ....

picked 'em off with the 'Drema, as me left shoulder still isn't up to wrestling 'em off on me own ... had to have it hanging 'em though

whipped the mat out the 'Drema and scraped/cleaned the cab floor out, for a good coat of HBZP primer as it was bone dry for the first time in ages ... floor needed it ..... was going to black it today, but said precipitation put paid to that

did give the cab a good hoover out though, while I was at it ... gotta keep on top of the old 'iron-worm'
                            also discovered some 'ambitious rabbit's' efforts in the bank too .... he must've had a good set of claws on him

pretty bloody hard going there

I've got a duct running from the drive's retaining wall under the patch roadway and black shed, up into it .... then back out and heading off up the patch.
                            been meaning to get some power into said shed for a while ..... so acquired one of these fibre-glass cable snakes to feed a hauling rope through said duct, so's I can drag a 10 mm armoured up it, from the house supply.

when the rain stopped this afters, I got me pallet of cable out and sorted through it all in search of some suitable coils, having sussed what sort of lengths I need, for the various runs.... got a few alternative ideas on quite how to do the routing .... one piece is gonna be a hell of a wrestling job, so considering a junction box on the wall above the duct, to split the cable --- and give me a pick up point, as a source for other things too.

made up a couple of IP65 enclosures to do the job with and terminate the cables safely and securely, for the shed feed and any others I feel the need for, from it

get the glands drilled into 'em and mounted up ready for the armoured, then fixed to the wall and in the shed ready for a cable, maybe tomorrow ... Saturday looks grim ATM ... got a couple more to make up yet, if it is

Pam's been down in Plymouth since Sunday ... hadn't been back an hour yesterday and she'd got her 'Swallows' out and playing with arrangements again

the final selection this afternoon ....

now all I have to do is make 'em stay there ..... once everything dries out again ..... Considering bonding them on with some epoxy/plastic metal type fixing ... any one any experience/comments ?? Spot welding 'em's gonna dis-colour the birds ..... but'd be a lot quicker Have used Devcon/Belzona/JBWeld/Araldite plastic steel, to great effect in the past, doing some 'impossible' repairs

Comment

• I have a capacitor discharge stud welder that would do the job a treat. A pair of 6 mm studs on the rear and a stainless bar and nuts to finish the job. If you get the settings right it should be invisible from the front.

Comment

I have a capacitor discharge stud welder that would do the job a treat. A pair of 6 mm studs on the rear and a stainless bar and nuts to finish the job. If you get the settings right it should be invisible from the front.
                                LOL Andrew ....... regrettably ..... I don't ... but a good suggestion .... gonna be Sikaflex, I think and if that fails ... a few spots of stainless weld .... and a tube of Solvol Autosol for Pam to deal with any dis-colouration
                                Last edited by v8druid; 01-03-2019, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X