No announcement yet.

Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody lucky to walk away from that. I've been to a few smash ups as a Volunteer Firefighter. After one smash up I started to think twice about electric seats with no mechanical override. Took us I think nearly an hour and a half to cut a girl out of a car that side swiped a semi we had the whole car cut away with our specialized tools and in the end it took a socket set to remove the nuts and bolts from her car seat so we could back up her seat and get her feet out from under the dash and the pedals because the battery had been obliterated by the crash so there was no power to the seat. Kinda fearful of some of the new technology like the electric cars and hybrids with these special batteries they have and the exotic metals in them. Scary enough when you get a vehicle fire and the magnesium starts burning.

Comment

• Nasty accident, but bent metal doesn’t matter so long as flesh and bone survives.

i thought something must be up with you as you’ve been unusually quite, but it was good to see that you’ve registered to join us on Madmodder (I approved your account a few days ago !)

Comment

• Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
        Bloody lucky to walk away from that. I've been to a few smash ups as a Volunteer Firefighter. After one smash up I started to think twice about electric seats with no mechanical override. Took us I think nearly an hour and a half to cut a girl out of a car that side swiped a semi we had the whole car cut away with our specialized tools and in the end it took a socket set to remove the nuts and bolts from her car seat so we could back up her seat and get her feet out from under the dash and the pedals because the battery had been obliterated by the crash so there was no power to the seat. Kinda fearful of some of the new technology like the electric cars and hybrids with these special batteries they have and the exotic metals in them. Scary enough when you get a vehicle fire and the magnesium starts burning.
        absolutely Bert .... been to me fair share of RTAs too, when I used to get call outs, from plod, with me cranes ...
        I was very thankful when I looked at the vehicles' damage

Have to say I'd never considered the leccy seat issue ... windows and locks yes, but not the seats ... as for all the leccy cars and hybrids ... yeh potential bombs on wheels, to say now't of fumes
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
          Nasty accident, but bent metal doesn’t matter so long as flesh and bone survives.

i thought something must be up with you as you’ve been unusually quite, but it was good to see that you’ve registered to join us on Madmodder (I approved your account a few days ago !)
          too right Andrew

not had the greatest of months, this month .... body is just starting to behave more like it should, but'll be a while longer, 'fore I can trust it not to kick off again .... like walking about with a hand grenade with the pin out ATM ... great care is being taken not to piss anything off !!

I see I'd got the approval, but not been back in for a better look around since .... some one on the plant talk forum had flagged up one of your threads and thought " I know that name"
          looks an interesting site
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• very lucky not to have been a hell of a lot worse

Skoda Fabia's on her list of preferences or a Yeti....
            she'd actually been considering a change -- apparently - - unknown to me, the Roomster was 250 quid a year to tax fk knows why??

only a few quid less than my P38 ... spent the day wandering locally Saturday, eyeballing what's about ...after spending several hours on the search pages friday evening and got plenty of leads !

Vicki's had a couple of Skodas and must say I can't really fault them as a good, solid, basic motor ... her brother is still driving her old Fabia daily as his get to work and back bus / second car ... leaves their Cactus free for the wife and kids.
            Some of the fabias are only 20 quid a year to tax
            mission accomplished ..
            1582387680567.jpg 1582387825355.jpg

Vicki's on half term that week - she teaches - so had to be sorted PDQ ....
            all seem around the same sort of price ... 27k miles, 2017, ex VAG lease to a doctor. just had its first MOT.

Ins.'ll only give her a rental for so long, 'fore they start charging it ... even if they ain't paying .. was local and a trader I know, with a good rep and been around 30 odd years
            .... a few other identical ones in the area ... was what she fancied and should give her good service ... Job done

Lot to be said for not messing about

can waste a lot of time and energy running around looking at the same thing .. and more often than not end up where you started ..
            with several others to eyeball, if required, it concentrated this seller's mind on striking a deal, rather than risk us not returning ... we did alright ... "not my first rodeo"

well that was last week - ish .... this week has been equally fraught ..

the recuperation/honeymoon is over .. or was tues. morning ....

Vicki feeling very 'not well' that day and actually called in sick that morning (not like her at all - very conscientious girl, fair play) ... so she dropped Clara at nursery and we got a lie in, after we got an early text telling us of the score .... ... followed by a slightly later one saying her boiler was equally unwell .... so 'twas assemble me boiler servicing toolkit and head for her's ....

transpires, when I get there, that she'd had a kero delivery the previous day, forgot to turn the boiler off, before leaving for work, and having inquired with a neighbour, they were quite late in the day delivering, so could well have been running as it cascaded into the tank ... which is a placcy jobby and fairly new .... but all fuel has a percentage of H2O in it and I always like to have yon boiler off for a while to let it all settle again. Tiger loop system, so the fuel is pumped around the system under pressure and recirculates a fair volume in a short time

Stank of kero, so whipped the blower/burner unit out to check the injector/atomiser nozzle .. 'twere damp so new one in for the fiver they cost ... combustion chamber was clean enough though and all dry

with the burner out the way, access to the filter was way easier than the usual struggle and sure enough, yon filter was saturated - with wasser and the feed line to the atomiser was empty.
            new filter, reassemble the burner unit and re-install into the fire box, press go button and heat was restored .... well pleased I'd not needed to hoover the damned thing out .. was pretty clean.
            still pushing two hours on me knees, leaning over the offending item ... wasn't feeling the greatest, but wasn't letting on ...
            I get a real sense of achievement/satisfaction every time I nurse the damned thing back to life, which I've managed for a good twenty years now ...

Worcester Danesmore with a Danfoss blown burner and Satronic controller ... all pretty basic and a bag of spanners job to look after ... They'd intended to replace it later in the year .. 'fore Vicki'd had to spend her savings on a new motor, so might have to wait a bit longer ... but I'll keep it purring
            ... I have dibs on the old unit when they do ... the blown burner, which has been virtually rebuilt, over the last couple of years, as bits failed (a real "trigger's broom") is going to make a great space heater

Oil boiler design only recently seems to have started modernising. Compared to gas they’re a pretty crude design.

but relatively easy to maintain
            biggest issue with oil fired is the fact it has to go through its start up/shut down cycle every time you flick a tap on .. gas is on / off flick of a switch/valve
            we have a Grant, oil fired, floor standing, combi., condensing .. beast of a thing compared to a gas unit - piece of junk TBH ... would never buy an oil fired combi.

such a cycle, every time you demand hot water ... especially in summer months when the heating isn't in use.
            conventional oil fired with a hot water storage tank, fine, but when this un dies .. I'd consider going propane or finding somewhere to install a hot water storage tank ... oil combis are crap (IMHDO)
            Attached Files

Comment

• well .. they say.. "trouble comes in threes" ...
              after the car last week and the boiler issues earlier this week ...
              Vicki on the phone early Thursday morning ... with water dripping from Clara's bedroom ceiling !!!

Had me BIL coming to give me a hand sorting some errant slates on the roof here, after all the winds we've had ... well he was gonna sort 'em and I was gonna get him up there in the basket ...
              Vicki got priority, so shortly after he arrived we shot down the village for a look see ....
              cold water header/expansion tank in the ridge of the loft leaking - properly ... concluded a split somewhere, so set to getting the bugger out ... which we eventually managed after some careful persuasion

WP_20200306_13_15_49_Pro.jpg

having wrestled it past all the pipework and wriggled it out of its resting place, 'twas pretty evident 'twere fooked ... but only slightly

dashed into town, with the offending item, hoping to find a replacement that'd fit the space available or better still a like for like replacement .... reg,s changed recently apparently and .... no chance ... all very different now

managed to find a supplier who could offer very similar physical dims, but a very different tank ...but at the earliest, friday or more likely Monday/Tuesday - bugger !!

the problem with the original was a couple of small cracks that'd developed around the base of some internal ribbing and the supplier, who I've dealt with for many years, suggested a temp fix with some CT1 adhesive/filler, that works and can even be applied, under water - - like sticking tiles to a swimming pool wall whilst said pool is full

so new tank ordered .... tube of CT1 in hand, me and the BIL set off home to effect a temporary repair on said tank, so' we could at least get the heating and hot water functional for a few more days, on the old unit, whilst the new one made its way to Druid central and we could be impressed at the performance of this CT1 stuff

internal ribs suitably plastered and some flexible cover patches bonded to the under sides .... welding curtain seemed a fair option

WP_20200306_10_04_15_Pro.jpg

we returned to Vickis loft to re-instate the bloody thing ...... went in a damned sight easier than it came out ... we had the drop on it .. refilled and all was nice and dry
              observed it for a good hour and were happy ..... way too late for the originally planned slating job, so a.n.other date was set for that and Gareth went home after a cuppa and some of Pam's gluten free sponge cake. she makes an awesome GF cake

22:00 thursday night - me phone rings - Vicki ... "there's a bit of a drip" !! ****, **** and double **** ......." I'll be down first thing ... stick a bucket under it and turn the main off babe "

the pic above is one I took this morning after extricating said tank ... AGAIN !! after taking Clara to nursery and returning home with the damned thing ... water had some how managed to find a way to track through the sealant inside on the web/tank wall interface, through the crack and then worm it's way out through the sealant holding the patch on ..... well unhappy !! (the missing bit is where I'd rubbed it off)

WP_20200306_10_04_20_Pro.jpg WP_20200306_10_04_54_Pro.jpg

cleaned everything off ... meticulously clean .... scoured it all with course glass paper (sand paper to them that don't know better - sand paper doesn't exist) and remade the seal / patch repair ....
              back to Vicki's .... re-installed the repaired tank in situ, left it to dry/drying,... all in time to collect Clara at 12

as per , as the sun was out here, for a miraculous change :hurra: .. she wanted an hour in the park on the swings/slide/etc. ........ half twelve I get a call to say the new tank had been delivered --- "I'll be in shortly - just installed the old one again for the second time - long story - see you in twenty min.s Peter "
              He was amazed the CT1'd let us down !!
              "C'est la vie "
              Shot into town with Clara and picked it up ... very nice .. but very different!!

WP_20200306_13_53_09_Pro.jpg

going to need a lot of plumbing re-juggling to persuade this into the original location and after examining it in the loft, as a comparator ... concluded 'twas a job for a.n.other day, suitably armed, with a bucketful of plumbing fittings, extra pipe and more time than I had available today .....
              so filled the repaired tank, checked it over yet again, turned the main off in case, strategically placed a few buckets and burgered off for some lunch, as Clara was now H U N G R Y

Spoke with Vicki at tea time and discussed tactics/procedure, for leaving it un-attended over the week end, if she went out anywhere - i.e. turn the bloody main off, in case, but ......... was all still dry and dandy when we spoke, so hopefully if there're no issues in 24 hrs, there won't be any and I get some breathing space, to get yon new one installed not heard anything bad , yesterday evening, so fingers crossed ... or today, so hoping it's all ok

So that's three 'problems' ... in double quick time ...... they/I/we have had our quota for a while ... hopefully

for those wondering or a little confused ...... this is an old style system with a hot water storage tank, which can also be heated electrically, with an immersion heater coil, built into the tank.

the header tank is as high as you can get it in the property .. provides a good head of water to the tank, a floor below and keeps it totally full, with a rising expansion drain back into the header .... then the hot tank feeds the boiler's hot water jacket/loop, that supplies the hot water system, when the heating is on.
              The hot water is stored in the lagged / insulated hot tank.

The boiler has a separate water jacket which heats the sealed/closed heating circuit, feeding all the radiators, which is pumped around the system when on... this too has an expansion/header tank to keep that system full.
              each tank has an overflow to atmosphere, should they over fill, due to expansion (or ball float valve failure) and their own rising main feed on a ball float valve, to maintain a correct pre-set level in each. ... I ought to take a look at this smaller tank too, next time I'm in the attic/loft as it's the same age as the failed one ... but much smaller and so not under such stress .. the failed one is 15 gallons ...... hope that all makes sense

without the hot water header tank installed you can't run the boiler safely

so that's been my week - ish ....... I am hoping for a quieter week, next week ...... so's I can carry on with the recuperation

Comment

• Didn't hear from Vicki sunday 'til lunch time so was assuming all the water was where it's supposed to be.
                we have had her brother, his wife and their two children here for a couple of days .. arrived late Sat. night ... and Vicki and Clara were due here for lunch so was gonna find out

I 'd have been very pissed off if the second 'repair' hadn't been effective ... and annoyed if she hasn't told me sooner so i could have done something about it

However .. transpired all water was where it should be and all working fine ......
                'cept my boiler decided to have a hiccup an hour after she arrived .......

seems OK now after sticking it on manual, giving it some HEAT and topping up the pressure a bit .. which did look fine, but an extra 0.2 bar seems to have settled it
                we'll see .... just didn't sound right ... but does now .......
                funny how your ear will pick up the slightest thing when it's in tune with regular background noises

She brought Clara up Monday morning at 07:45 before work and it was still fine .. and DRY ... so got some breathing space to sort the new one

As said Josh and family here, over the weekend ... his Birthday shortly and we're not going to see them for three months ... off traveling later in the month, having saved up holidays, maternity and paternity allowances .. off round Europe ... again .. possibly not the greatest time to choose but all planned months in advance and they'll just keep away from people as much as poss.

little un's growing

daddy didn't get a look in on the candles ... four or five times, Sunday afternoon ..

Clara and Shem decorated his cake!! ..... bit random ... but they didn't pinch any, whilst they were doing it .. much to Pam's amazement

they departed about lunchtime, after I'd fetched Clara back from nursery ...... then it was treatment time, bit later than the usual Monday morning, after we'd had lunch ..... Clara loves to get in on the act .....

gonna be a while 'fore she gets anywhere near my arm, with a canular ...... she's dangerous enough with a thermometer

Comment

• Howdo mate ... havent seen you in a bit ? all ok ?
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

• Originally posted by Muz View Post
                    Howdo mate ... havent seen you in a bit ? all ok ?
                    aye Boyo ..... must have a bit of a catch up ..... been told by the NHS this week, to keep me head down for 12 fkn weeks ... not happy .... not been off the ranch in 3 weeks already ..so'll be 14 by the time i get to go out again ... in theory

thanks for asking

see if I can't get up to date later

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                      aye Boyo ..... must have a bit of a catch up ..... been told by the NHS this week, to keep me head down for 12 fkn weeks ... not happy .... not been off the ranch in 3 weeks already ..so'll be 14 by the time i get to go out again ... in theory

thanks for asking

see if I can't get up to date later
                      No rush Fella..... just had me panicked a bit there given a few of your last posts then absence, and the current situation, .... anyway .. good to see you ok
                      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

• Originally posted by Muz View Post
                        No rush Fella..... just had me panicked a bit there given a few of your last posts then absence, and the current situation, .... anyway .. good to see you ok
                        Aye, cheers boyo ... Feb was not a good month TBH ...... just about back to feeling more normal ... and not panicking with every twinge ... would not want to end up back in hospital given the current situation

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                          Aye, cheers boyo ... Feb was not a good month TBH ...... just about back to feeling more normal ... and not panicking with every twinge ... would not want to end up back in hospital given the current situation
                          Aye I'm getting twitchy as spring is just starting to tease us we had one day last week where the temperature got up to +15C all the snow had melted making things nice and mucky and little rivers and lakes all over the place because of that. I keep thinking about going on a road trip with the girls and our home made camper but this Corona covid thing keeps us cooped up except for me to go to work when there is some. And being an asthma sufferer I can do without any more sickness I'm also scheduled to get a tonsillectomy at the end of the month provided I don't get sick or the numbers of infected people don't skyrocket.
                          Are you able to still tinker with your projects being cooped up at home?

Comment

• bloody hell ..... I've not posted in a while ..... got some serious catching up to do .. a lot been going on .. sort of ... not been further than the top of my drive in ten weeks .. on this shielding malarkey ... can't recall what the outside world looks like ... gonna be bloody different for sure .... I've gotten a lot done though and the weather has been amazing ... proper seasons like we used to have when I was a kid ... just goes to show how f***d up we've made it with 30 odd million cars and thousands of flights daily polluting the atmosphere ..... and what the lack of them can do .. the air even smells better ... or should that be doesn't smell

so .... catch up ..... OMG !!

as usual on a catch up, I'll date stuff

20-3-2020
                            " Corona virus? .... WTF is that? ... Just lob another block on dad "

I'm a firm believer in re-incarnation .... and if you lead a good life in this one, as a reward, you come back as a pampered house cat life don't get much better .. full bellies and a Morso to warm yer toes by
                            we've actually had a dry day today .. all day and no wind to speak of, just a nippy breeze ... gave me a chance to sort this out ...... wind blew it to bits one night .

think we may need a new one .... it might go back together, but not without a lot of ferkin' about ... can I really be arsed
                            see what a 14 footer is tomorrow?

catches the wind real bad where it is though
                            problem with a steel one is the 14ft span .. have already had it mooted by SWMBO ... would have to give it some careful thought to prevent sag
                            new wooden one's about a hundred quid .. job done .... we'll see

21-3-2020
                            Drema had an airing today ...... first time in a while ... started first flick ...... Auto throttle playing up though ... no Standby or Low setting .. had to run her in Med. (2000+rpm) ...... can't for the life of me see HTF the actuator functions
                            hyd cylinder pulling a cable, but damned if I can work out how it discerns how much to pull it, determined by whichever switch I press ???? and we're only talking maybe 20mm of throw/travel in total ???? ... it may have to come to bits and see what's up ??
                            gonna end up with a manual cable otherwise, but the auto shutdown is very nice

cleaned out the last corner of the wood shed this morning ... it usually lasts us a winter, but Vicki's had a fair bit out of there this winter ... and Josh usually leaves with a fair pile in his boot too, so hasn't seen us through like it usually does, so .......

had to extricate a boxful this morning .... after I'd moved me roller and pallet of stone out the way

dropped the forks off after and hung the bag lifter on the QH to sling said box under and carried it down to the wood shed

seem to have gotten out the habit of taking pix ... all I took this morning ..... took longer to 'unpack' yon box, than it did to get it out and down there

anyway .... plenty of burnables down there now ... 'til Vicki wants some more
                            Hopefully not going to need it for much longer, but we ain't out the woods yet, on the weather front and did not want to get caught out by the white stuff .. be sod's law .. MT wood shed and a foot or more of white shite

23-3-2020

Been a beautiful day here .... chilly breeze, but blue sky and sunshine all day ... boss wanted an extension lead this morning ... clean a car .. this is how it comes back

done a few odds and sods jobs and then spent a great deal of time hunting for a throttle cable .. for the 'Drema .. tick over, or virtually full bollox yesterday, is not how I like to run her (try operating a duck at tick over Knew I had a couple here ...some where ??

failed to find the one I was looking for .. but did find a 'second best'

Needed some TLC .... and the cable re-attaching internally, as it'd eaten the original, but was a pleasant surprise to find it a simple job, once I'd dismantled it

very nicely made .... would recommend these ....

God knows how old this is ... but I've probably had it 20 years ...

totally strip-able, multi positional stops and multi positional lever ... VERY clever design
                            'Sposed to be nice again tomorrow, so once I've had me hamster juice and 'the streets have aired' will have a look at installing said item.
                            Always had at the back of my mind having to 'go manual' on the 'Drema's throttle ... leccytronics're fine while they'm functional .... and I do like the auto idle on her ... but no box of lectrickery lasts for ever and it'd seem to be 'time' on hers

I'll see if it's 'fixable' ..... but need to suss just HTF it converts four different electrical 'button settings' to a multi-positional ram stroke, to pull the throttle cable, just a smidge, each time a different button is pressed ... it's less than 20mm travel, all told, from tick over to full chat, with only two wires feeding it a signal ??????? ... Mucho confusio as Orzo, might say ... ATM I really can not see how the hell it does it?

anyone have any ideas ... I'll try and put some pix up of said techy cylinder ............... but i need some decent control of Mr Deutz's FL4 'til I can get a suss on it

As for the other cable, I was originally searching for **** knows where i've got that stashed away ..... it'll turn up sometime, but damned if I can recall where it is and certainly didn't trip over it today

PS
                            just found Bristow Controls on't 'net ...
                            https://www.directindustry.com/prod/...t-item_1193409

looks just like JakieB's hand throttle ...... wasn't the one I was looking for .. but'll do for now .... had been considering summat along those lines for a while, but as said ... would be/need some sort of techy linkages
                            the 'Drema's tricky tech however has now determined an alternate is required

Comment

• 24-3-2020

never any mistaking a Monday in Druidville ....

just hope next Monday's the same ...... need a delivery between now and then ... they seem to have forgotten me this month

spent the rest of the day working out how to route that cable ........ and then how to terminate said cable in the engine bay to marry up to the FL4's pump control

more on that one tomorrow ............ could've done with another 6" of length on't cable really .... see if this works first, then maybe see if I can get a longer Bowden inner/outer from somewhere

24-3-2020

all gates locked and post box moved to far end of the drive
                              My treatment pharmacy delivery people tell me there shouldn't be any issues - ATM - but it's made in the USA

As for the fettling .... been trying me hand today

throttle lever persuaded into spot .. out the way ..

took some juggling into spot

Ajax got a bit of an airing

creating a capture / mount for the Bowden's outer .....

....... and inner

then it was time to create an end ...

bit of pisser, having to drag the Caddy out for a couple of quick flashes ...... but had to be done .... would've liked some grub screws, instead of the SHCS,s but didn't have/couldn't find any so these got lopped down and lightly drilled the end of the thread to grip the cable, like a grubby would

getting the lengths right was a tad tedious, but got there and it got installed

believe it or not that is full travel .. plus about 6mm ... not a lot of movement at all ... can see how little the auto throttle's ram needs to move to give four differing settings AND tickover ...... must be one techy lil' actuator/ sensed ram !!

left its cable attached to it and secured the flying end in the engine bay, so's it can't get up to 'no good' .... will extricate it from its hiding place when I'm feeling enthused [a] .. about looking at it and .. ..when I'm feeling enthused enough to get at the little sod ... it's not exactly easily gotten at .... engine bay belly plate off job, looks to be the easiest access

found this, this morning ....

on the floor 'bout 10 ft from the 'Drema's door .... sure as **** wasn't there last night when I packed up ... and have no 'kin idea WTF it has come from ? .. can only conclude we had unwanted visitors last night, but couldn't see anything out of place ??... apart from the appearance of the above ???

it's certainly nothing to do with me ... don't recognise it at all ... and I could not have missed it ... first thing I noticed this morning !!
                              May have to sleep with one eye open tonight .......... an' a couple of barrels hanging out the bedroom window ... ALL my gates are locked and I've not sent out any invitations for nocturnal visitors .... so's they'm fair game as far as I'm concerned .... BANG!!

25-3-2020

self isolating ........ on the mower
                              first cut of the season ..... had a job to get it out the bag .. was so well packed in

been a glorious day ... so lucky to be able to enjoy it ......... aside from the mowing of course ... after all the rain it's such a great change

Oh and Sparty made an appearance for half of it, after the mower'd woken him up .... slowed proceedings a tad, with him on me lap .

it sure as hell grew late last year, for sure ... ground was almost too wet to mow when I did the last cut of '19 .... certainly pretty bloody wet all around us here .. lawn not so bad, but beside the drive's gonna need another week of this sun and some wind, 'fore it can get the Dane let loose on it .
                              Was in the field above the lawn Monday sorting out a lamb that'd managed to get the wrong side of the fence from mum .. and the ground was like a bog

we are very lucky living here .. and know it. Perfect self isolation spot
                              spent seven years looking for our forever / last home ... looked at some great places with either shit access/pig farm next door/no views/etc./etc. .... this ticked all the boxes, bar the outbuildings ... it didn't have any .... but we compromised .... and creating somewhere to put one has kept me occupied for a while.
                              That and all the other things that needed doing here

our barn, pre-conversion

and last year

Comment

• 26-3-2020

so ....... remember this .....

took it apart/removed it the other day and spent an hour or so this morning re-assembling it 'fore the boss an' 'her assistant' gave it a couple of coats to freshen it up

went back together very well TBH ... will do 'til a replacement can be 'procured' ... wouldn't believe it was the same gate

was surprised at how much of a 'lean on' yon pillar has adopted lately !! .. piece of tish pillar and will get rebuilt in stone, when the wall gets stone faced .. it's doing its job for now

spent an hour before tea tonight going through all me chains .

Lidl's finest 20 quid sharpener ..... one of the best 20s i ever spent

now have a full compliment, ready to rock ......

anyone ever seen one of these before ?? ..

american thing ... have had it 25+ years ... always been a great little saw, but refused to start last time I wanted to use it, so it's on the bench for attention tomorrow ... very comfy to use and light enough to use hour after hour

question for you all .... got three heads like this ...

..... missing the eyes out of the feed slots for the cord ... had to rob a cast ali eye out of this one this morning, when i refilled the strimmer head, on the Husqy, as one of its eyes had broken up .... no spares left now and seems a bit extravagant to go buy yet another head for want of the ali eyes replacing on all four that i have sat ..... anyone suggest a source for said items ??

and on a previous theme ....... 's a hard life being a cat ...... Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

VERY nearly bought a Colchester Mascot on ebay this morning... was at 1500 quid with 5 minutes to go ... an' no bids ....... trouble is 'twas in Hull and 'er indoors'd've gone batshit having a Shipley truck turn up next week
                                luckily (for me, anyway),it jumped to £2+K in the last 30 seconds so decision made
                                was a well tidy lathe for that though... but a longer bed ... really want a shorty

buyer's market out there for toys. Lots of people laid off and shifting stuff to raise cash. Sadly also lots of people with time on their hands too...

was cheap enough ... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COLCHESTE...p2047675.l2557

Comment

Working...
                                X