• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Low Can you go ?

Quite like this extension job

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Quite like this extension job
    Be good at rolling snow balls in the arse end of those tracks eh?
    Quite a tool, but did look like he was about to come unglue-ed at one point
    You'd probably have trouble keeping yer wellies on your feet in that lot BTLs of it!!
    Pretty damned impressive really considering the fighting weight of the machine in the first place.
    Plenty of practice needed to find your limits though
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

wow .. thats a lot of work .. looks like rollers every 300 (not so unusual but the frame is longer) .. side plates.... with D rings ..extra top rollers .... beefed up frame with extended cross members ofcourse as is usual in this situation AND they've lifted the turret basically a remade base frame from top to bottom
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Tidy ... that your yoke boss ? wonder if Mr Craig did that one ....
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              Tidy ... that your yoke boss ? wonder if Mr Craig did that one ....

6 done by Volvo............

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                6 done by Volvo............
                Aye but they didnt mod them up here .. it was an external contractor who did the work and was so good .. he 'fixed ' their 'robots' mistakes

Comment

very impressive kit that - tell me - what do the outer 'lugs' with the curl do?
                  Often seen 'em on extreme LGPs and wondered WTF they're for?
                  If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

The outer lugs on the track pads are likely to help steering as the track isn't cutting in to the side of the muskeg at least that's what I'm thinking. Here's a Canadian take on that concept, this company Foremost has been making specialized LGP transport equipment for the oil and mining sector for many years here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQDuYOmbhes

Or you just get hollow tracks so it floats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdg8_N58xvQ

Comment

Cool... Never thought of that

Comment

Working...
                      X