Well Hello :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Hello :)

Hi, I'm Andrew, and I'm new here - found the forum while thrashing about the web looking for documentation for my newly acquired 1997 JCB 803. I have digital versions of the Operator Handbook and Service Manual for the later "803 Super", but not for my machine - much is similar or the same but it would be very useful to find the correct one

If anyone needs the 803 Super .pdf's I'd be happy to put them up on Dropbox)

Theoretically I'm retired - I have a small farm with a few sheep and pigs and chicken, and the JCB is useful for clearing ditches and generally sorting things out - I've previously had a 3CX which was a bit on the large side and really I need a 360, and I've recently sold a Kubota K008 3/4 ton digger which was far too small for most jobs though it did an absolutely sterling job. When I got an offer I'd couldn't refuse for the K008 I got the 803, but that's in dock at the moment having its rotary seal sorted :(

Welcome

Comment

Welcome
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi Andrew.
        Interesting intro.
        Are you doing the rotary yourself or having it done for you.
        Can imagine it's quite a job on a 3 tonner with everything so packed in there
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
          Hi, I'm Andrew, and I'm new here - found the forum while thrashing about the web looking for documentation for my newly acquired 1997 JCB 803. I have digital versions of the Operator Handbook and Service Manual for the later "803 Super", but not for my machine - much is similar or the same but it would be very useful to find the correct one

If anyone needs the 803 Super .pdf's I'd be happy to put them up on Dropbox)

Theoretically I'm retired - I have a small farm with a few sheep and pigs and chicken, and the JCB is useful for clearing ditches and generally sorting things out - I've previously had a 3CX which was a bit on the large side and really I need a 360, and I've recently sold a Kubota K008 3/4 ton digger which was far too small for most jobs though it did an absolutely sterling job. When I got an offer I'd couldn't refuse for the K008 I got the 803, but that's in dock at the moment having its rotary seal sorted :(

Hi again Boyo.

this one any good to you?

only prob is it's 16.5 MB

issue 4 - 218 pages - pub. no. 9801 6210

JCB 802.7super/803plus/803super/804super
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            Hi Andrew.
            Interesting intro.
            Are you doing the rotary yourself or having it done for you.
            Can imagine it's quite a job on a 3 tonner with everything so packed in there
            At vast expensive I'm having it done - I ended up ricking my back crawling under to inspect where the leak was. Heard today chap pulled it out, fitted a new seal kit but it still leaks :( - I've had to give him the go ahead to get a new rotary seal which is north of £600 !! This is on top of the fruitless labour of pulling it out and replacing it once already, so no food for the next few months !

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
              Hi again Boyo.

this one any good to you?

only prob is it's 16.5 MB

issue 4 - 218 pages - pub. no. 9801 6210

JCB 802.7super/803plus/803super/804super
              Very many thanks but that's the one I have. My machine slightly pre-dates that at it's not the 'Super'

Comment

Very many thanks but that's the one I have. My machine slightly pre-dates that at it's not the 'Super'
                C'est la vie
                That's all Maskinisten had in their archive, which is pretty fair for obscure things!!

Worth the try/ask though - yer never know!

I take it you're having to have a complete rotary assembly - there were a few brand new ones on ebay a few weeks, 'praps months ago at IIRC 200 quid a piece - he had a few of 'em - have you had a look there?

Otherwise ............ ouch!!

Comment

Yes I saw those, but they were for a larger machine I think. There are even several variants used on the 803 over the years

Comment

Yes I saw those, but they were for a larger machine I think. There are even several variants used on the 803 over the years

Doesn't surprise me - probably like Landrover - whatever's handy in the parts bin

The ones I was thinking of were deffo 803 I was searching for a tiny rotary at the time, for my VA-r build and mailed him to ask what they were and their size. Too big, for me, but were cheap enough for new units

See you're "theoretically .. retired" too! Your missus got her lists of can we (you) justs as well, or the farm just keep you on yer toes?
                    Don't know how I found the time or the energy to go to work 10-12 hrs a day

What did you used to do Andrew, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Hi Druid, I've just read through your entire Duck Hunt - great stuff !

For many many years I worked for Ferranti - they were a large defence / electronics company now sadly gone :( I worked on industrial computer systems, things like power distribution control for CEGB (now National Grid), Jodrell Bank telescope, various nuclear power stations, oil refineries and dodgy secret 'holes in the ground' for the RAF (4 minute warning!) My hobby was always mechanical engineering, so had a workshop with lathes and milling machines etc. So when I retired was looking to build the ultimate workshop - hence bought this small farm with a suitable barn to use :) The sheep and pigs were incidentals to use the land productively !

Comment

Hi Druid, I've just read through your entire Duck Hunt - great stuff !

For many many years I worked for Ferranti - they were a large defence / electronics company now sadly gone :( I worked on industrial computer systems, things like power distribution control for CEGB (now National Grid), Jodrell Bank telescope, various nuclear power stations, oil refineries and dodgy secret 'holes in the ground' for the RAF (4 minute warning!) My hobby was always mechanical engineering, so had a workshop with lathes and milling machines etc. So when I retired was looking to build the ultimate workshop - hence bought this small farm with a suitable barn to use :) The sheep and pigs were incidentals to use the land productively !
                        Very interesting background there Andrew. Have a mate who worked for Ferranti, so familiar with them. Didn't know they'd gone though

Think I'd be letting someone else "use the land productively" for a fee (rent/grass keep) and retire to my "suitable barn ..... to build the ultimate workshop"!! Life ain't a rehearsal and jeeeeez don't the days disappear these days

Oh an' ta muchly for the comment on the Duck Hunt thread ........... VA-r next then!!

Comment

Working...
                        X