X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum editing times

Split from 'offline' thread

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    Well it wouldnt bother me .. I like this version, 4.2 but VB5 offers a load of things that make forum use easier for users and admins ... mind you not many other plant forums are up to this version you are looking at yet .. I think BCEF is 3 point dot something .. basically 70's stuff with flares .. which is fine for those guys .. I mean I like fred dibna for a lot of things
    Originally posted by ianoz View Post
    No Muz it ain't fine , the natives are restless .Nothing has been updated since BCEF started in 2009. Most of the guys there would enjoy the way this forum works and is run .

Restless is one description Ian - rebellious would be another

I'm a Luddite an' anything new takes me ages to get my head around. This here's great and have just about got to grips with it .
    Love the ability to multi-pic populate posts, my only request/change would be the ability to edit at any time - often see mis-spelling, or a word missed out, in one of my posts, that I'd love to be able to rectify at a later time, being the pedant, that I am, but can't

Otherwise Muz, it's grin factor 12 from where I'm sat!
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Tend to aggree with Graham on the editing Muz.I don't look at my posts until some one replies ,usually the following day .
    Then see the silly mistakes etc , but can't fix them . Been on a couple of forums where some stir up trouble , then come back and edit their crap out to look like angels .
    I think the members here are responcable enough to do the right thing .Isuggest after a week ,close it to editting .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
      Tend to aggree with Graham on the editing Muz.I don't look at my posts until some one replies ,usually the following day .
      Then see the silly mistakes etc , but can't fix them . Been on a couple of forums where some stir up trouble , then come back and edit their crap out to look like angels .
      I think the members here are responcable enough to do the right thing .Isuggest after a week ,close it to editting .
      An' possibly the ability to 'apply' to edit even later/once closed, with the details specified and the reason for doing so - just spotted a brahmer in the VA-r thread

Agree with Ian too, that everyone seems to be 'an adult' here, with abuse of the facility highly unlikely

bed time
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Ok well Ive always said I'm open to debate on this, but as Ian mentioned, the system can get abused. There are three main user groups in use here, unfortunately, I cant vary the time length per group, only turn it on and off, so, new users for example have never been able to edit anything, and that will remain so, to prevent spamming problems. It would be nice if I could set, 'more trusted' users a longer edit, than less well known users, but as Ive said that functionality doesent exist in this software, even though at 4.2.2 PL4 its the latest there is available.

Ive turned it off altogether for the moment, (except for noobs) so you can edit away .. but I'll be resetting it to something longer, once ive figured out what is the right time, I'm thinking we could maybe start at 6 hours or something ? In all cases a message saying "this post has been edited by ... " appears after 10 minutes, whereas nothing will appear if you made your edit before that.
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Ok well Ive always said I'm open to debate on this, but as Ian mentioned, the system can get abused. There are three main user groups in use here, unfortunately, I cant vary the time length per group, only turn it on and off, so, new users for example have never been able to edit anything, and that will remain so, to prevent spamming problems. It would be nice if I could set, 'more trusted' users a longer edit, than less well known users, but as Ive said that functionality doesent exist in this software, even though at 4.2.2 PL4 its the latest there is available.

Ive turned it off altogether for the moment, (except for noobs) so you can edit away .. but I'll be resetting it to something longer, once ive figured out what is the right time, I'm thinking we could maybe start at 6 hours or something ? In all cases a message saying "this post has been edited by ... " appears after 10 minutes, whereas nothing will appear if you made your edit before that.

Cheers Muz ....... now to go find that cock up I spotted last night

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            Cheers Muz ....... now to go find that cock up I spotted last night
            Good luck boyo ! cos you've made a few posts to search indeed ... And every one, welcome and informative enjoyable reading Sir
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Good luck boyo ! cos you've made a few posts to search indeed ... And every one, welcome and informative enjoyable reading Sir

Well I can't bloody well see it tonight!!
              Druid's memory is not what it was - should've written it down

Glad yer's enjoying my witterings mate - let's hope everyone else is as appreciative, or they'll be getting a bit bored by now

Comment

Working...
              X