X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you work under this ?

Not the first time I've had to do it

inder.jpg

Picked this machine up from a site with no hydraulic oil in it something had come up from below and hit a bulkhead adapter which needed repaired.

The impact had slackened the adapter fitting making the machine lose oil, the customer tightened it to stop the leak .. but the bulkhead adapter needed re welded, so I had to strip it off and make good .. first job was to get the fitting off from the frame. It feeds the dozer ram so the only way is from underneath .. I gots to get me a pit .. not much use when on site though eh fellas ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

The customer had not phoned or said anything to me .. but when I went to pick it up, the digger was not useable .. clearly they didnt want to admit they damaged it .. I'm now a bit worried about pump damage
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      The customer had not phoned or said anything to me .. but when I went to pick it up, the digger was not useable .. clearly they didnt want to admit they damaged it .. I'm now a bit worried about pump damage
      ! Floor mat and plate out, take the hoses of the distributor, join them together, fill with oil, get on lorry, back to yard.

Good job the sump has baffle plates in it mate!

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Mick-the-fitter View Post
        ! Floor mat and plate out, take the hoses of the distributor, join them together, fill with oil, get on lorry, back to yard.

Good job the sump has baffle plates in it mate!

Mick
        I managed to limp it onto the truck .. but I cant believe the idiots didn't warn me about it before I got there to pick it up after they 'off' hired it .. they knew it wasn't driveable ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          I managed to limp it onto the truck .. but I cant believe the idiots didn't warn me about it before I got there to pick it up after they 'off' hired it .. they knew it wasn't driveable ?
          Lots of 'em about and not all on hedgehog's backs
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            Lots of 'em about and not all on hedgehog's backs
            But its never anything to do with them! Answers normally given range from, "it came out like that!" " it just started leaking! " " must be warranty!" Or " it must have been done on the last hire"

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Mick-the-fitter View Post
              But its never anything to do with them! Answers normally given range from, "it came out like that!" " it just started leaking! " " must be warranty!" Or " it must have been done on the last hire"

Mick
              And if I had a pound for each time i'd heard one of those, i'd be a rich man indeed

Comment

Working...
              X