Overloaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overloaded

Soooooo yesterday I set off from Ballater to Inverurie with my transit tipper and my ifor williams tipping trailer to collect turf to go to Inverness. I had 3 bulk bags of logs on the truck (builders tons bags) they were ordered and going to be sold to cover my fuel. I was collecting the turf to do a job in Inverness for som friends so I wasn't getting paid for it. I got to Inverurie and collected the turf (125m2) and put this in the trailer and set off up the road. I got to Elgin where I was pulled over by the cops and asked about my taco (which I don't have) then sent to a weight bridge. Turns out I was 500kgs over loaded so I hd to unload and leave the firewood at the weight bridge s them lads scored! And looks like I am getting 3 points and £100 fine all for trying to do a good deed! I had visions of being left at the weight bridge and having to get my mate Donald and his low loader to come get me as I don't have a taco but they let me off as I don't generally venture out of my area they said 50km but looking on the VOSA website it's not 100kms. Any way I was slightly miffed.

I dont get it ? was there too much weight in the transit, or had you exceeded your towing weight for it ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

So I was 6500kgs on the scale and my gross train is 6000kg so this ment I ended up with all the wsigh in then trailer and no weight in the truck. I was quizzed in the cop car and then they told me to get rid of weight then they left! So I go rid of the firewood and weight again and never seen the cops again. But I couldnt take the chance of just leaving but the thing is i would of thought my towed load should of been checked incase I was towing too much surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
        all the wsigh in then trailer and no weight in the truck.
        Thats what I thought .. cos the laws have changed .. and its a tough job keeping up with them .. so did they give you a NIP ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

NIP?

I think I am getting a fine and 3 points for the overloaded but nothing for a taco as I am not normally out my range.

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
            NIP?

I think I am getting a fine and 3 points for the overloaded but nothing for a taco as I am not normally out my range.
            Notice of Intended Prosecution .. did they give you any paperwork ?

Comment

Yeah I got some I better read it I suppose!

Comment

Working...
              X