Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Druid's 'Drema's Druidfab Attachments !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
    All looking Good mate .The joys of being in the fabrication game for so long .
    If i did something like that ,it would look like shitt .
    PMSL Ian - I'm sure you don't do yourself sufficient justice !!
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

slight update on the above thread comments - just got a FB message from the pilot of said velocipede which stated :-
      " We came from West Sussex & stuck to dual carriageways so that we didn't hold anyone up."
      isn't technology wonderful

An' there's me thinking I'd got it from the Donkey's mouth yesterday, with Essex !!

Still a hell of a trip!!!!!!

And one more - someone's kindly supplied me with a pic. of the above 'road-train !!
      Very thoughtful to stick to DCs - would imagine it would avoid all sorts of earfuls of abuse

Quite a combination to haul up and down the hills,
      especially with an acute shortage of donkeys under the bonnet
      Just goes to show you don't need a lot if it's geared right - just don't need to be in a hurry
      Attached Files
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

had to have half an hour with the die grinder this week - the eye on the Miller is profiled and needed a bit of a clean up for a 'new' 45mm pin - the old one I'd tried in before, was obviously no longer the 'full monty' and went in - a 'new' full 45mm wouldn't - quite !!

it did after a 'bit of attention' though! ........

Should do nicely to hang the odd rotator from !!

also juggled in the 'new' check valve, in between the monsoon style downpours we've been having - ground is now like a cheesecake again and it's platform boots time, after a couple of steps on anything remotely brown!!

Think I'm going to have to replace the adapter in the close port for a long B/head fitting to get a bit more length, so's I can get the 'open' pipe a little further away from the ironmongery - it's just a little too tight for longevity

It'll push the valve block a good inch further into the centre and take the 'open' pipe union with it!!
        It's fine with the grab open, but closed it gets pretty damned tight for that plumbing!!

otherwise it's a great fit and it will now grip and hold the 1200 kg test block between its edges, without 'letting go', at all!!

Still got the two QCs in the other side of it for now, as I'm still considering quite how long any tails are going to need to be?

The valve is a great fit though - very pleased with it; it works well and not at all 'snatchy'.

You'll note all the bolts are now as they should be - short

I also remembered to measure that ram today - 65mm rod and I'd say a 100mm piston. All the pins are 50mm

Comment

I've been considering a steel pipe to replace the flexi - now I'm sure it's all functional I may well look at doing that, but will have to acquire some suitable materials first - now't big enough to hand

Might just move it all forward with a few fittings as a pro tem measure, to avoid 'killing' what's in there, accidentally !!

Had to resort to my local supplier in town last week for these ......

......and got a caning!!!!!! 24 squids !!!!!!!FFS!!!

Anyways, after doin' the rest of my wallet in Aldi, I got back to wrestle some alternate fittings, that I already had, into the grab.
          Shorter flexi and a long b/head adapter to replace the std shorty, gave me an extra inch and it all clears ........ just ! A.n.other M/F between the check and the b/head'd give me another 20+mm or a.n.other long b/head to replace the shorty in the check and a F/F'd give me yet another inch, but don't think I'll need it. A steel pipe's the ultimate answer!!

also swapped the QCs for a couple of hoses.........

.....and FF QC-ed the ends of those.

Also swapped the pick up head around 90 deg.s for better hose routing...

......particularly for when it's under the VA-r.

Gonna have to make a support bracket for that check valve, but'll probably hang fire 'til it gets a steel pipe first I think

Comment

Working...
          X