Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groundwork access

Hello, some advice required please.
    I am planning to excavate back garden and the only access for a mini digger and dumper is through the back fence onto a wide public footpath.
    Dumper would have to go about 110 yds to an open area of a close for grabber collection.
    The contractor reckons not to request Council notification, it would be done in half a day.
    Not sure what the Council would insist on or the cost. They've sent me a TTRO form which looks a bit steep (£600 plus £200) and not relevant for the job. The path is well used (through an estate) but there are diversions.
    Any advice appreciated.

Hi & welcome. The chances are it would be fine, but the problem is that its a public area. So is the street however, and people run dumpers out there all the time to fill skips, but your area is pedestrian, which carries greater risk of accident, say you ran over someones foot ? where would you be then ? The TTRO allows you to barrier off an area to protect you, and others from your works. The price looks a bit high compared to other areas, have you explained its a footpath and not a road ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

have emailed Council explaining it is a footpath and received what looks like a standard response (TTO). Had a Council guy round last year who explained Council staff would lay out signs etc and then collect end of job (not an all day presence) but not the cost. I could explain that I would be accommanying the dumper on foot to warn padestrians but wouldn't be surprised if the charge is levied regardless. thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X