Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know how this works?????

as title .......

Looks a real tidy tool - have seen em to go on the end of the dipper on the link pin hole and the dipper end hole, with the crowd ram directly attached to the jaw ......... but only one hole in this one looks like a fair size for rock grappling

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-TYNE-GRA...item463c9f5e58

If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Got me scratching my head as to how it is supposed to Work . Have one here for a JCB 3CX , And we also have one for the 20 ton Hitachi .

Comment

looks like a mount inside for the dipper, then just put the bucket ram direct into the grab .. remove the tipping link ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyPTG64YtLU
        similar setup, SEC stuff is not all that good

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          looks like a mount inside for the dipper, then just put the bucket ram direct into the grab .. remove the tipping link ?
          Sorry .. Ive just realised thats exactly what you said Druid ? .. I should read posts sometimes
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

It works much like a thumb only thing is it'll have a stiff leg for the bottom jaw, I've never been a fan of those as you have to weld a fitting on the dipper and then pin on the stiff leg. You could replace the leg with a hydraulic cylinder but it's not very convenient to attach and unattach (if that's a real word). Thumb type attachments are handy and I've used them a lot over the years but a rotating grab of some kind is hell of a lot better in my opinion. That or a jaw type bucket.

Comment

fitting

A better picture of how it fits , dipper and bucket ram minus the "H" linkage
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
                A better picture of how it fits , dipper and bucket ram minus the "H" linkage
                Tha's on two pins Gra bucket pin holes and tip link pin holes with the crowd ram direct.
                if yer look carefully at the one I've put up, there's only one bucket pin hole - nowt for the crowd link holes?

The one in the vid is on 2 holes too

Can't see WTF holds this one stationary on the dipper.

I've read before that SEC ain't a lorracop
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

pins

Could the small pins be for transport and it does attach via the tipping link pin hole too , with the short pins in you could pin to the dipper end first then bucket ram and then replace the short pins with one long one through the tipping link hole keeping it as one lump
                  its the only model they make too according to the website
                  Last edited by d4c24a; 26-06-2015, 06:14 AM. Reason: Thought about it more

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
                    Could the small pins be for transport and it does attach via the tipping link pin hole too , with the short pins in you could pin to the dipper end first then bucket ram and then replace the short pins with one long one through the tipping link hole keeping it as one lump
                    its the only model they make too according to the website
                    looking at their website Gra they appear to operate on a 'random geometry' - once you've got something in the jaws you have 3 points of contact, 'til then Id guess it's a bit hit and miss on how they open depending on dipper angle

Comment

there was one of these on ebay a while back for not a lot of money, but then they don't seem to be big bucks new either ....... for what they are

At $4500 (£2860) they're pretty damned cheap really

Comment

Any idea where the pix have gone Muz? They were URL-ed from their website?

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                          Any idea where the pix have gone Muz? They were URL-ed from their website?
                          Seems ok ? .. what post number are they missing from ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                            Seems ok ? .. what post number are they missing from ?
                            Posts 10 & 11 Mate - taken from the website of the grapple makers on URLs, IIRC

Comment

Working...
                            X