Recutting HGV tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recutting HGV tyres

Bought this wee unit off flea bay a couple of years ago and its well paid for its self

The thing is .. when I need a tyre cut, if I took it down my local ATS for example... theyd do it .. whenever .. and you would have to take a chance when driving in, if they could do you there and then? so at least this way, I dont need to waste any time, and save myself £50 every tyre

The unit has a blade element in the brass clamp at the front which is spring loaded. so that when pressure is applied, the element gets heated, and you just keep forward pressure applied to make your cut with the desired pattern. This tyre is from a drive axle, so gets a cross cut pattern
    Attached Files
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Done me share of that Mr Muz And damned hard work it can be too sometimes - trick is sharp blades and don't be afraid to give up on a blade when the going gets tough - they'll also touch up with a flap disc if yer's careful

Mobile cranes used to eat drive axle tyres ...... always running fully laden and very limited rear suspendies/damned near solid!! scuff like buggery!!

As you say though, much cheaper to do it yerself, if you have the time!!

Can't remember what make my unit was but a popular breed in an all ali case ......... lasted 'donkeys'.
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
    X