This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Terminology

Here are some common abbreviations and their meanings for any of you that aren't sure. If any of you have any relevant others, post up and I'll add them to the list

IIRC If I remember correctly
    AFAIK As far as I know
    AIUI As I understand it
    TBH To be honest
    HO
    IMO
    Humble opinion
    In my opinion
    IMHO In my humble opinion
    RTFM Read the f....n' manual
    BTW By the way
    FWIW For what its worth
    HTH Hope this/that helps
    FYI For your information
    WRT With reference/regard to
    OP Original poster
    OE Original Equipment
    OEM Original Equipment Manufacturer
    TIA Thanks In Advance
    FTFY Fixed That For You
    WB! Welcome Back !
    AFAIAA As Far As I am Aware
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

What about WTF ????? What does that mean Muz ????

Comment

Hi Muz
      Like Ian said, you missed WTF,
      and also v8druid slipped in an OE this morning.
      Pete

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
        What about WTF ????? What does that mean Muz ????
        I rekon that ones up there with SWMBO
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Another one added

Comment

And Another

Comment

A couple we use round these parts -
              KFL - Ken fit like,
              KYS - Ken yersel

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                A couple we use round these parts -
                KFL - Ken fit like,
                KYS - Ken yersel
                Lol .. Jim this is a world wide forum Nae ithir loons hiv ony chance tae ken thon

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  Lol .. Jim this is a world wide forum Nae ithir loons hiv ony chance tae ken thon
                  There is a world outside Ballater??? I don't think so!!!

Comment

Had the Pleasure of talking to Jim last night on a Skype call .Was sirprised that i did not need Google translate to understand the Lingo . And of course my colonial accent was a breeze for him to understand

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                      Had the Pleasure of talking to Jim last night on a Skype call .Was sirprised that i did not need Google translate to understand the Lingo . And of course my colonial accent was a breeze for him to understand
                      Yes but he will have used his best 'queens Balmoral tongue' .. not his usual 'workies van' at break time patter

Comment

Muz old chap I don't possible know what you mean!

Comment

Working...
                        X