Mobile Hose Company scam ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Hose Company scam ?

Called out one of the national mobs a week ago, to put a 3/4 BSP female end on a hammer hose, it had come from a hire some weeks ago and the hoses looked ok, but a bit perished , so to save a mid hire call out I thought I'd replace a section.

Got to the site and discovered one of the replaced hoses had a cracked ferrule and pissed oil out as soon as I used the hammer,.. so thought .. ok quickest solution was to call out a hose guy to re end the hose

Got the bill in for £90 ... to put a £5 fitting on a free hose ? he didnt even have to do any mechanicing ? closer reading showed he added 15 litres of oil for £40

I complained and said the digger didnt need any oil as I had just serviced it. And as soon as I noticed the oil loss I phoned ? .. Oh but our fitters are trained to check the levels professionally he said ..

BOLLOCKS !

Oh but all our fitters are trained and wouldnt have done that if it didnt need it .. said the depot again

Got the machine back off the hire and you cant see the little floaty ball in the sight glass ... because the fitter over filled it above the sight glass .. with 15 litres too much oil !

With the exception of one manufacturer ,.. all my diggers have their rams mid stroke to set the level in the tank , and the one that didnt, got it set that way anyway and never bothered it as the tank was a big enough reservoir

Whats your opinions , were they at it just to stoke up their bill ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Most of those hose types are on a commission so they will do what ever it takes to make a sale.
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Got the company back out to sort the problem .. told them I didnt have time to mess about sorting their fitters incompetance .. I must be getting grumpy
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

scams

there is only 1 mobile hose company who works like that so i dont have to ask the name.ive worked in hydraulic hose companies over 20 yrs and i was allways taught to check the oil levels then imform the customer if it is low and let him know you carry it on the van if he wants any.just stay away from the big nationwide companies and stick to small ones for a better service.

hope this helps

Comment

Welcome to the forum Lilbill . Alway good to have new input into the forum .

Comment

Originally posted by lilbill View Post
            there is only 1 mobile hose company who works like that so i dont have to ask the name.ive worked in hydraulic hose companies over 20 yrs and i was allways taught to check the oil levels then imform the customer if it is low and let him know you carry it on the van if he wants any.just stay away from the big nationwide companies and stick to small ones for a better service.

hope this helps
            Well I didnt have too much of a problem with them up till then , but I didnt use them all the time either .. and the trouble is finding some smaller guys in the area of your breakdown .. anyway .. on balance I havent used 'em since and my local chap has been doing well for decent money .. so I agree with you

Welcome to the forum lilbill

Comment

Working...
            X