Hi Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Guys

As the title says its a Hello from me A bit about Me I run what is one of the few Menzi Muck walking excavators in the UK like may in the plant job my original background is in agriculture through the course of my agg contracting purchases a Case backhoe and the digging out grew the farming still run a 3CX contractor and a JS130 along with the Menzi which I have only had about a year and a half for one reason and another it hasn't been an easy start to a new venture but I think we are heading in the right direction in offering something a bit different with some fair good attachments. As I travel the UK I don't always have Tinternet but I will try and keep in touch and get some pictures up when I can

Welcome fella .. The Menzi is a bit of an artform to use I'm sure.. after many years of driving much gear .. it still looks a bit smoke and mirrors to me
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Mmm not so sure about the smoke
      It can add a new dimension to steep work without doubt I can sit a lot closer to level if I chose to but the other thing is Power I weigh around 11 ton yet have hydraulic capacity similar to a 35 tonner It will NEVER refuse to slew round no matter how steep it is even it you have a 40 ft tree in the Tiger shear

Comment

What an amazing beast ! Never heard of a Menzi Muck walking excavator before, but just watched a youtube demo - now I want one to play with

Comment

I you need to keep your whit's about you I think its upto 26 functions in each hand and 4 foot pedals not to bad working over the front but easy to FuK it up over the back

Comment

Greetings Sean.
            Good to see you Boyo.

My two fave Menzi pix for Andrew - no picture posting problems here

Attached Files
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Welcome. Glenshee ski centre beside me just bought one to put a new ski lift on one of the runs! They reckon it's cheaper to buy use then re sell that to hire one as there ain't many about! If your ever near me in Aberdeenshire I would love a go of it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                Welcome. Glenshee ski centre beside me just bought one to put a new ski lift on one of the runs! They reckon it's cheaper to buy use then re sell that to hire one as there ain't many about! If your ever near me in Aberdeenshire I would love a go of it!!
                Now all they want is someone to handle it ........ and a good insurance policy
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Looking at those (presumably) Swiss pictures you certainly don't want a burst hose or failing electrics in that sort of situation !

Comment

Greetings Graham !
                    Jim all i cansay is mine is out and about if I am able to come in and do the job it is cheaper to hire if the job is a day to put a base in then another day the week after it may be more convenent to buy your own but as for cheaper am not so sure!
                    I was up in Aberdeen in December mulching for the bypass It was grand spot

Comment

Hi Andrew yes they are Swiss made and you certainly need to be on top of maintanance and this is where the idea that its cheaper to own you own machine than hire in falls down they are dear to buy and dear to run and it costs a fortune to make a poorly looked after one right
                      All the leg rams do have checkvalves so if you burst a hose you dont fallover but its generaly a long way to cary the tool box to fix it so you are better doing preventative maintanance

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                        Looking at those (presumably) Swiss pictures you certainly don't want a burst hose or failing electrics in that sort of situation !
                        A couple of changes of underwear are probably 'essential spares' in the cab too Andrew !!

I've got an even better one somewhere ......... when I can find it - it's a real OMG!!!!!! shot

Comment

Working...
                        X