Great Dorset steam fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Dorset steam fair

Not been before but looks like I will be attending this year with my moggy van

With teardrop

Attached Files

Comment

Sweet ride Dylan,

What age is she. Did you do the restoration yourself?

Nig

Comment

I had one of these, same year, same colour, back when it was only a few years old.
        Good reliable van, and if battery was a bit sluggish whip out your starting handle and off you go.
        Sometimes wish it was still with me.

Comment

That brings back memories ,My grandfather had one to run to work in . School Holidays 5 grandkids in the back and off to the beach .

Comment

yeah ...... had a few o' those too ....... in the day. The thought of having to drive one again fills me with dread (no insult intended Dylan, but they're a bit 'agricultural')

OK with the rose tints well polished
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Nowt wrong with a Moggie Minor - agricultural indeed - people are spoilt these days!

My first car was a Moggie Traveller, cost me £200 and took me miles, even into Druid country once :)

Only been to the Great Dorset a couple of times. First was a flying one day visit with my son, but second was an overnight stay in the motor home. Need to stay over for the full experience!

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                Nowt wrong with a Moggie Minor - agricultural indeed - people are spoilt these days!

My first car was a Moggie Traveller, cost me £200 and took me miles, even into Druid country once :)

Only been to the Great Dorset a couple of times. First was a flying one day visit with my son, but second was an overnight stay in the motor home. Need to stay over for the full experience!
                My first motor was a 1500GT Mk1 Cortina, long stick, with a brand new set of Heppolites and the build that went with 'em

Closely followed by a 1725 Singer Vogue with an OD box - didn't keep that long, as although it'd only done about 35k, they had a reputation of shedding N/S front wheels, at the trunnion, on left handers ! Went well though!!

Rarely had a motor more than 3 to 4 weeks then.
                If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Powerfab View Post
                  Sweet ride Dylan,

What age is she. Did you do the restoration yourself?

Nig
                  It's 1972. Did some of the work myself. Its only done 45k.
                  I normally go to switzerland with classic scramble same time as gdsf so never give it any thought.
                  Only new in was going a few days ago. I'm going down on Wednesday till sunday

Comment

No disrespect to you guys, but that thing looks like a tool box to me ? Did you actually live in it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      No disrespect to you guys, but that thing looks like a tool box to me ? Did you actually live in it ?
                      yes me wife and 5 year old daughter.
                      The back opens up for the kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by diggerjones View Post
                        yes me wife and 5 year old daughter.
                        The back opens up for the kitchen
                        that is cool

Comment

Dan , I will have to find you a video of a "Caravan" I have seen recently .Towed by a motor Scooter and sleeps 3 .
                          Me thinks the design would hamper any addition to the family .

Comment

Working...
                          X