Dash Cams .. which one ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Cams .. which one ?

Thinking of getting one of these, but not sure what to get any of you guys use them ?

I use a blackview as it was one of the earlier 1080p reolution ones Think theyre only sold through tied distributers so not available in many/any stors afaik . works well ..does what it says on the tin. You can link to it wireless in the motor and configure it from there rather than taking it off the dash/screen to program HTH

Comment

I've got a road angel in my 7.5 tonner, which my insurance company supplied 5 or 6 years ago now.

its a bit of pain in the arse because it bleeps & flashes at you every time you go over a bump thinking you've had an accident & you have to take the memory card out & down load it every other month

Comment

Originally posted by 1 RB View Post
        its a bit of pain in the arse because it bleeps & flashes at you every time you go over a bump thinking you've had an accident & you have to take the memory card out & down load it every other month
        The blackvue does, or did that too, but you can turn all its sensitivity settings down so it doesent anymore doesent yours just overwrite once it gets to the end of the card RB ?

Comment

+1 for blackvue .. I bought the expensive one, which has two cameras .. dual channel .. the reason is I got side swiped in the truck a while back and instead of using the second camera to look out back as in for a car ... I use it to look down the passenger window for bikes and stuff in my blind spot.

It has no screen but I dont care about that .. I just want a turnkey solution to recording all my driving.

I did have a problem with the plug to the second camera though .. I kept having to remove it to get the data card out .. and eventually the tiny plug broke now I mean this thing is 2.5mm across .. I sourced one through RS components .. as the blackvue dealer wanted 30 notes for a whole cable .. I fixed it for 30p
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I bought a cheapy a few weeks ago to chuck in the m/c for bits an' bobs, but haven't taken it out the box yet ....... Ought to see if it works I suppose !
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by gardener12 View Post
              The blackvue does, or did that too, but you can turn all its sensitivity settings down so it doesent anymore doesent yours just overwrite once it gets to the end of the card RB ?
              When the memory card gets full up the camera just flashes all the lights it's got & doesn't record anything. It is a few years old now & tech moves along so quickly most things are out of date after being out a week because the next one is faster, smaller, got more memory, got more features or shinier. It's probley time for a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 RB View Post
                tech moves along so quickly most things are out of date after being out a week because the next one is faster, smaller, got more memory, got more features or shinier.
                You're not wrong there I think I was targeted as a crash for cash, which is why I got mine.. dunno who the idiot was, but if your going to ram your drivers side into a 30 tonne truck .. youve got to have a screw loose ?
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
                X