X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello the Hub o the Nort

Hi I'm Geoff
    I'm from the "Hub of the North" (as I tell the wife) Co.Armagh N.Ireland
    After working with my father from leaving school, in construction, we decided to close the company when the industry crashed in 08 on a high.
    Since then I took over the machinery and went out on my own. A bit of a bum time to start, but as they say nothing tryed nothing gained!

Welcome Sir ... I started my company when the last recession was on back in 1990 .. nothing ... nothing at all like 2008, that was brutal glad youve come through it all and come to join us

Turns out IMHO .. its the best time to start a business .. so good luck to you
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Welcome to the forum Geoff ,Starting off a Business in a recession must have been bloody hard .
      But here yu are 7 years later so you must have done something right .
      What gear are you running ?

Comment

Thanks fellas
        At the end of the day is there ever an easy time to go out on your own! My real blessing is that we owned all our machine's. Plus there's only me, myself and I !!
        I have an EX60, a 12m Merlo, a terex 2506 and a Neuson 28z3 which I bought a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoffdiggerman View Post
          Thanks fellas
          At the end of the day is there ever an easy time to go out on your own! My real blessing is that we owned all our machine's. Plus there's only me, myself and I !!
          I have an EX60, a 12m Merlo, a terex 2506 and a Neuson 28z3 which I bought a couple of years ago.
          No there isnt .. but it has its rewards .. being yourself is a fine state .. Ive employed many staff over the years and cant be arsed with it anymore .. lucky I'm multiskilled .. I listened to me dad as a youngster .. so many dont these days and learned how to do things on your own ... and BTW the EX60 is a fine tool .. my dash 5 was one of the finest Except for a constant dipper fracture at the boss for the bucket pin and some leccy charging problems
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

She my 60 is a dash 3 and a grand machine with no major problems apart from a few seals and a set of chains. I have a hydraulic thumb which is an absolute must , and if her piped for a saw and flail head.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoffdiggerman View Post
              She my 60 is a dash 3 and a grand machine with no major problems apart from a few seals and a set of chains. I have a hydraulic thumb which is an absolute must , and if her piped for a saw and flail head.
              Keep her lit fella .. she go on for years AND be worth good money if ye need to move on

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Working...
                X