Aircon fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon fail

Used to run Daihatsus then Suzies , then Ssangyong .. now Back to Suzie D-Max

IMG_3665.jpg

All got a bit warm in the cab this afternoon as I was returning from doing a wee operating job .. sodding fan belt ran off the aircon pump pulley .. Only had this since last December .. nice enough rig which will take 3.5 tonne.. but fek me the pulleys for the crank, the aircon pump and the tensioning idler look as if they are out of line which is why the belt ran off I suspect ? .. all mounts are bearings are good ?

belt.jpg

Kind of hard to see the alignment here but you can see the v pulley tracks

Apart from being a bit warm .. first I knew was the large thrumming noise from the front with the inertia fan slapping the loose belt
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    Used to run Daihatsus then Suzies , then Ssangyong .. now Back to Suzie D-Max

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2805[/ATTACH]

All got a bit warm in the cab this afternoon as I was returning from doing a wee operating job .. sodding fan belt ran off the aircon pump pulley .. Only had this since last December .. nice enough rig which will take 3.5 tonne.. but fek me the pulleys for the crank, the aircon pump and the tensioning idler look as if they are out of line which is why the belt ran off I suspect ? .. all mounts are bearings are good ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2804[/ATTACH]

Kind of hard to see the alignment here but you can see the v pulley tracks

Apart from being a bit warm .. first I knew was the large thrumming noise from the front with the inertia fan slapping the loose belt
    That could've turned expensive in a hurry !!!!
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

What did you think of teh San Yongs Muz - Merc running gear, tranny and motor ain't they ?
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        What did you think of teh San Yongs Muz - Merc running gear, tranny and motor ain't they ?
        Good news was the cam, crank and alt are a seperate belt .. just the aircon one that got fooked .

The ssanyong was good tool by the way ! had more grunt than the suzie does. Was Merc gear and tranny .. Saab suspension .. and got knows what from wherever else. Frankly was a better tower cos of independant coils ... big trouble was shit residuals though .. drank fuel and auto tranny was suspect laterly. Had two and previous one was a bit naughty too ... failed steering rack and I destroyed the front diff
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Good news was the cam, crank and alt are a seperate belt .. just the aircon one that got fooked .

The ssanyong was good tool buy the way ! had more grunt than the suzie does. Was Merc gear and tranny .. Saab suspension .. and got knows what from wherever else. Frankly was a better tower cos of independant coils ... big trouble was shit residuals though .. drank fuel and auto tranny was suspect laterly. Had two and previous one was a bit naughty too ... failed steering rack and I destroyed the front diff
          HTF you destroy a merc diff?

What do you call drinking fuel? - what motors you have in 'em

Comment

What do you call drinking fuel? - what motors you have in 'em
            I'm not mad .. so I dunno ? Average MPG was about 20 .. the Ssangyong was a 2.7 turbo .. 5 pot

The Suzie can get 30 when driving like a nun .. and she a 2.5 twin turbo 4 pot.. but gutless

Comment

I'm not mad .. so I dunno ? Average MPG was about 20 .. the Ssangyong was a 2.7 turbo .. 5 pot

The Suzie can get 30 when driving like a nun .. and she a 2.5 twin turbo 4 pot.. but gutless
              LOL - one to remember
              Were Dana making diffs/axles for Merc. ATT 'praps?
              Plasticine internals apparently

MPG not good, as you say and residuals really are non existent

Comment

Bit late to comment on this one ... But probably because it has no central diff, so put it in 4wd give it full lock, and try and drive forward progress will not be good as you lay down rubber

Comment

Among my collection of 4x4s I have a 2005 Ssangyong Rexton 2.7Xdi. Recently one of the injectors had an internal short and the cheapest option here in Spain was a reconditioned injector for 250Euros. In the end I bought a complete engine with all of it's ancillaries for £460 from eBay UK. It cost £124 to have it shipped here by Palletways. I took out one of it's injectors and fitted it to my Rexton (I also have a Scan-100 diagnostic tool so I was able to code the replacement injector into the ECU). I was tempted to just change the engines over as mine has done around 250,000 Kms. whereas the engine I bought has done 88,000 miles. I might still do this one day

I also have a 2005 Mercedes 270Cdi which is a much better truck than the Rexton.

My other 4x4s are a 1985 Nissan Patrol, a 1991 Suzuki Vitara, three Mitsubishi Monteros (Pajeros), they are called Monteros in Spain because a Pajero means er I still have my series 3 Landrover Santana that I bought new here in Spain in 1982, it needs yet another gearbox which will be it's third box. If anyone knows any other more reliable gearbox that will fit a series 3 Landie I would be very grateful?

My best 4x4s are of course the JCB 3CX and my two cylinder Ausa self loading dumper truck.

James
                  No trees were harmed creating this message, however some electrons were very inconvenienced.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLiner View Post
                    Among my collection of 4x4s I have a 2005 Ssangyong Rexton 2.7Xdi. Recently one of the injectors had an internal short and the cheapest option here in Spain was a reconditioned injector for 250Euros. In the end I bought a complete engine with all of it's ancillaries for £460 from eBay UK. It cost £124 to have it shipped here by Palletways. I took out one of it's injectors and fitted it to my Rexton (I also have a Scan-100 diagnostic tool so I was able to code the replacement injector into the ECU). I was tempted to just change the engines over as mine has done around 250,000 Kms. whereas the engine I bought has done 88,000 miles. I might still do this one day

I also have a 2005 Mercedes 270Cdi which is a much better truck than the Rexton.

My other 4x4s are a 1985 Nissan Patrol, a 1991 Suzuki Vitara, three Mitsubishi Monteros (Pajeros), they are called Monteros in Spain because a Pajero means er I still have my series 3 Landrover Santana that I bought new here in Spain in 1982, it needs yet another gearbox which will be it's third box. If anyone knows any other more reliable gearbox that will fit a series 3 Landie I would be very grateful?

My best 4x4s are of course the JCB 3CX and my two cylinder Ausa self loading dumper truck.

James
                    LT95 out of a classic RR .... bomb proof !! and even better with a fairey O/Drive behind it huge internals and good for a lot more donkeys than they ever got equipped with.

Santana boxes had a reputation ..... for being total shite

Comment

LT95 out of a classic RR .... bomb proof !! and even better with a fairey O/Drive behind it huge internals and good for a lot more donkeys than they ever got equipped with.

Santana boxes had a reputation ..... for being total shite
                      Is the LT95 a straight bolt on alternative or are lots of mods needed ?

Mine is a Santana series 3 SWB version.

James.
                      No trees were harmed creating this message, however some electrons were very inconvenienced.

Comment

Is the LT95 a straight bolt on alternative or are lots of mods needed ?

Mine is a Santana series 3 SWB version.

James.
                        what motor you got in it James ? ..... goes in a 90 fine, no sweat .... series boxes were smaller but you have a santana box so assuming you have an LT77 type set up with a bigger tunnel ???
                        I know the santana boxes split differently, but pretty similar to the LT77 .... would probably need a few tunnel mods though

they are a hell of a good box though

Comment

The engine is LandRover series 3 five crankshaft bearing 2 1/4 litre diesel.
                          One of the defunct gearboxes actually came out of a UK series 3 and is identical in size to the Santana box.
                          Yes, and it is a SWB 90.
                          At the moment the gearbox, floor, tunnel is out. If an LT95 fits and is bigger, I can always modify or make up a new tunnel.

There's an LT95 on UK eBay for £100 but with a problem
                          Lt95 gearbox problem with transfer will not select low range high range and diff lock all working 4 speed was fitted to Range Rover v8
                          Would my transfer box fit to an LT95, or should I keep looking for one in perfect condition?

Thanks again for the very useful advice,
                          James

Comment

The engine is LandRover series 3 five crankshaft bearing 2 1/4 litre diesel.
                            One of the defunct gearboxes actually came out of a UK series 3 and is identical in size to the Santana box.
                            Yes, and it is a SWB 90.
                            At the moment the gearbox, floor, tunnel is out. If an LT95 fits and is bigger, I can always modify or make up a new tunnel.

There's an LT95 on UK eBay for £100 but with a problem

Would my transfer box fit to an LT95, or should I keep looking for one in perfect condition?

Thanks again for the very useful advice,
                            James
                            nah ... all in one unit

bombproof box though

https://www.reconautogearbox.co.uk/b...-95-gearboxes/

Comment

I'll have the shiny one sitting on the wooden pallet

In Málaga city there is the Guadalhorce industrial estate with one street that are all breakers yards. I go to Málaga a couple of times a month so I'll see if I can hunt down an LT95 complete box.
                              I assume the boxes are the same for LHD and RHD, it's just that we swapped over a Mitsubishi gearbox last year taken from a LHD truck only to find it would not fit into a RHD truck as it was a mirror image

James.
                              Last edited by RedLiner; 14-07-2017, 04:28 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                              X